COLLECTORMANIA

• Moderators

OK there's no way in hell that I'm reading through all this stuff right now from Friday-today, there's TOO MUCH of it! I've looked through a few lil bits and some of it quite scares me. But hey I'll just write a few thoughts so read if u want .. and if not then fair enough!

This "DavidB clique" thing .... I saw it mentioned somewhere?!

I'd like to think that there was NOT a clique at the event. I'd like to think that I talked to as many crew members as I could, and got on with them as well as I could. Yep, I'm actually pretty shy with new people so that's one reason why I don't talk to them as much as my close friends, and I'm sure people realise that's understable BUT I always try to talk to others too, ones that I don't know too well or that I don't talk to regularly etc. And there's so many of you that I met - I'm so crap with names, and a lot better with faces so I'll always talk to people when I recognise them even if I prob don't know what their names are lol

So please, if I met you and talked to you at the event, come n post here n say hi! If you had any problems with me then fair enough, express those too! I did enjoy meeting forum members and members of the public too, and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience for me.

Was it perfect? Not by a long shot. But will it ever be? I doubt it! Things were very quiet, maybe the guests just weren't popular enough .. then maybe when it was too busy it was quite unorganised, but I do think things improved and lessons were learnt. I know people will still complain, but I do think these things are a learning experience for EVERYONE - crew members, the organisers etc ... I won't say that C7 was fault-free because that would be stupid, everyone has their own problems with it and that is fair enough, I respect that. It would take me too long to reply to every criticism with a defence and I doubt I'd change anyone's minds. To be honest, everyone expects criticism when they get back from an event, and it is quite hard when you read stuff about yourself so no doubt some will be upset.

I met some people that I have had problems with in the past, and u know what? We actually talked like sensible people and sorted things out! At least I hope we did anyway. And I wish there were more people like that out there. Some people I have NO idea what they look like cuz they don't put pics, and I've always made it perfectly clear that I am approachable and that things can be discussed with me. But sadly there are a lot of ppl who aren't upfront about it. So we have to come back and read things on the forum instead. That in itself isn't the best way to do things in my opinion anyway! Constructive criticism and feedback is one thing, but to slag people off is another and doesn't help in the slightest.

You know, I'm probably not the most professional crew member in the world! I usually have a relaxed and chatty personality when I'm working and I like to meet all the regulars to cons etc and I hope I come across as approachable cuz plenty of people DO come up and say hi at event after event! I love it because I'm really interested in ppls experiences and opinions. I can chat crap all the time if I want! Who wouldn't on the amount of sleep we get during an event? ... but I still make sure I do my job. At the end of the day I'm just enjoying myself as much as anyone is, and whatever mistakes are made will hopefully be a good focal point for improvements in the future.

So we get to rest for a few weeks before LFACC and then we'll see how that goes. What's my opinion on it? I think it might be slightly manic! New venue, very risky, but has the potential to be absolutely AMAZING. So let's hope it is!

To all the crew ... no doubt u'll have read criticisms, and some can take it fine but others will take it personally. Just take it all as advice and aim to improve next time, it's all u can do. Everyone who worked on the crew, we ALL know that we tried our best and were dedicated to making it a great event. I love being surrounded by so many people that I know, and that I can have fun with while providing a good service to the public, and I'm sure many of you feel the same.

To those who know me, and even those who don't that attended - I hope that your good experiences made your trips to Collectormania worthwhile and you got everything out of it that you wanted. And the bad ones better not put you off attending another event because we all strive to improve and make these the best events we possibly can. I hope that your problems can be dealt with, either now or at a future event!

And please just remember that anyone can talk to me at an event or on MSN etc if they ever want to discuss something. Sure I might be quiet and half asleep but I'll certainly try! The one problem I have with events like these is that there are so many people I know, and just not enough time. I would LOVE to spend quality time with every single person I meet but it's just not possible to talk properly to 200+ ppl over a few days!

Thank you to everyone who attended the event in any capacity, you all provided me with a great experience and I really appreciate it.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont want to seem off hun, i have no problem with you but you shouted at me at the bowling at C6, i was trying to ask you something and i kept saying "David?...." i was right next to you and yes it was loud, you werent talking to anyone and i needed to ask you soemthing and i tapped you on the shoulder and you didnt look round and i could get in front of you to ask you cause it was busy and as i said it was really loud and so i tapped you again... i was only gentle and you shouted at me to get off! I was really upset and offended and since i have been afraid to approach you.

I dont want any upset between anyone! i dont think i did anything wrong... but that was one of the first times i spoke to you and first impressions last... so forgive me if i dont come to you for a chat...

You scared me.

B)

Veasse x

heyy u spoke to me lol - cant get rid of me ... i felt guilty about ian whyte though came over to talk to u instead of him - he was slightly intimidating considering he made me look like a midget - picture is funny though B)

OK there's no way in hell that I'm reading through all this stuff right now from Friday-today, there's TOO MUCH of it! I've looked through a few lil bits and some of it quite scares me. But hey I'll just write a few thoughts so read if u want .. and if not then fair enough!

This "DavidB clique" thing .... I saw it mentioned somewhere?!

I'd like to think that there was NOT a clique at the event. I'd like to think that I talked to as many crew members as I could, and got on with them as well as I could. Yep, I'm actually pretty shy with new people so that's one reason why I don't talk to them as much as my close friends, and I'm sure people realise that's understable BUT I always try to talk to others too, ones that I don't know too well or that I don't talk to regularly etc. And there's so many of you that I met - I'm so crap with names, and a lot better with faces so I'll always talk to people when I recognise them even if I prob don't know what their names are lol

So please, if I met you and talked to you at the event, come n post here n say hi! If you had any problems with me then fair enough, express those too! I did enjoy meeting forum members and members of the public too, and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience for me.

Was it perfect? Not by a long shot. But will it ever be? I doubt it! Things were very quiet, maybe the guests just weren't popular enough .. then maybe when it was too busy it was quite unorganised, but I do think things improved and lessons were learnt. I know people will still complain, but I do think these things are a learning experience for EVERYONE - crew members, the organisers etc ... I won't say that C7 was fault-free because that would be stupid, everyone has their own problems with it and that is fair enough, I respect that. It would take me too long to reply to every criticism with a defence and I doubt I'd change anyone's minds. To be honest, everyone expects criticism when they get back from an event, and it is quite hard when you read stuff about yourself so no doubt some will be upset.

I met some people that I have had problems with in the past, and u know what? We actually talked like sensible people and sorted things out! At least I hope we did anyway. And I wish there were more people like that out there. Some people I have NO idea what they look like cuz they don't put pics, and I've always made it perfectly clear that I am approachable and that things can be discussed with me. But sadly there are a lot of ppl who aren't upfront about it. So we have to come back and read things on the forum instead. That in itself isn't the best way to do things in my opinion anyway! Constructive criticism and feedback is one thing, but to slag people off is another and doesn't help in the slightest.

You know, I'm probably not the most professional crew member in the world! I usually have a relaxed and chatty personality when I'm working and I like to meet all the regulars to cons etc and I hope I come across as approachable cuz plenty of people DO come up and say hi at event after event! I love it because I'm really interested in ppls experiences and opinions. I can chat crap all the time if I want! Who wouldn't on the amount of sleep we get during an event? ... but I still make sure I do my job. At the end of the day I'm just enjoying myself as much as anyone is, and whatever mistakes are made will hopefully be a good focal point for improvements in the future.

So we get to rest for a few weeks before LFACC and then we'll see how that goes. What's my opinion on it? I think it might be slightly manic! New venue, very risky, but has the potential to be absolutely AMAZING. So let's hope it is!

To all the crew ... no doubt u'll have read criticisms, and some can take it fine but others will take it personally. Just take it all as advice and aim to improve next time, it's all u can do. Everyone who worked on the crew, we ALL know that we tried our best and were dedicated to making it a great event. I love being surrounded by so many people that I know, and that I can have fun with while providing a good service to the public, and I'm sure many of you feel the same.

To those who know me, and even those who don't that attended - I hope that your good experiences made your trips to Collectormania worthwhile and you got everything out of it that you wanted. And the bad ones better not put you off attending another event because we all strive to improve and make these the best events we possibly can. I hope that your problems can be dealt with, either now or at a future event!

And please just remember that anyone can talk to me at an event or on MSN etc if they ever want to discuss something. Sure I might be quiet and half asleep but I'll certainly try! The one problem I have with events like these is that there are so many people I know, and just not enough time. I would LOVE to spend quality time with every single person I meet but it's just not possible to talk properly to 200+ ppl over a few days!

Thank you to everyone who attended the event in any capacity, you all provided me with a great experience and I really appreciate it.

you and the others did a great job david, my hat is of to all of you for you hard work. it was a truly great event. look foward to seeing u and the rest of the crew n organisers at lfcc3 :lol::oB):D

• Moderators
Personally, I was dead pleased to finally be able to put a face to the name :D Moony introduced us at the end of the party when we were outside and I think you were a bit tired :D but it was nice to say hi all the same...

:D I remember most ppls forum names even if I don't talk to em, so tis always nice to meet new ppl ^_^ hope ya had a good one!

And yes .. TIRED would be the chosen word to describe my experience of the event :P

• Moderators
You said Ello to me, and stole my Fluff and blaster! :D

:D twas really nice to see ya, the first real event I've spent time with ya! And yes, gimme that blaster ^_^

• Moderators
you spoke to me :D we had some cahts during the weekends and you helped us out on sunday so thanks loads for that!!!!!!!! :D

Yay, we did have a few chats about a few funny people ;) lol .. always noticed your crazy ppl with yellow capes ^_^ weirdos! :P hehe .. hope y'all had an enjoyable event, and glad I could help :D

I saw ya LOADS cos i kept coming in and out, in and out of the centre - continually going to my car to get things/put things away! You waved at me - which was cool seeing as we've never met !!

Cheers Davidb xxxx

• Moderators
You scared me.

Well if I was like that then I apologise now. I HONESTLY don't remember that, I don't even remember ever being anywhere near u so .. I dunno, no excuses! :D Fair enough if ya don't wanna talk to me, tis ur choice! I honestly have no recollection of it .. only thing I remember being involved in with u was a wrestling thread/discussion on here .. but that's all! Still hope u and ur man had a good event tho ^_^

• Moderators
heyy u spoke to me lol - cant get rid of me ... i felt guilty about ian whyte though came over to talk to u instead of him

lol don't worry, ya weren't the only one to say hi :D .. hope I don't annoy the guests by making my friends come up to talk ^_^ you should be WORKING, GO DO SOME WORK lol

• Moderators
you and the others did a great job david, my hat is of to all of you for you hard work. it was a truly great event. look foward to seeing u and the rest of the crew n organisers at lfcc3 :D:P^_^:D

Was good to see ya in the queue! Didn't see ya around much the rest of the day but that was the manic day lol Hope it was worth the trip tho?? ;) I'm sure I'll catch up with ya soon :D

• Moderators
Mr B, i saw you over the weekend but i'm not very good at introducing myself... i'm too shy. i might try and crew LFACC so if i do i'll promise i'll say hi! :lol:

What kinda excuse is that! :lol: no good! Nah I know EXACTLY what it's like, and I'm absolutely useless at introducing myself .. although admittedly I don't get much of a chance if I'm stuck behind a desk! But yes, say hi in future or else :lol:

You scared me.

Well if I was like that then I apologise now. I HONESTLY don't remember that, I don't even remember ever being anywhere near u so .. I dunno, no excuses! :lol: Fair enough if ya don't wanna talk to me, tis ur choice! I honestly have no recollection of it .. only thing I remember being involved in with u was a wrestling thread/discussion on here .. but that's all! Still hope u and ur man had a good event tho :lol:

we did thank you.

Crew were great, i hope we can put any differences behind us... i know any future events will be as great if not greater!

take care

Veasse xx

• Moderators
...and I am guilty once again of seeing you and not saying hi...sorry :lol:

I SO wanted u to come n brag about winning the competition :lol: would have been a good way of introducing yaself :lol: hope u got ur prize! :lol: I dunno what u look like so remain happy in ur anonymity :D

you and the others did a great job david, my hat is of to all of you for you hard work. it was a truly great event. look foward to seeing u and the rest of the crew n organisers at lfcc3 :D  :P  :lol:  :lol:

Was good to see ya in the queue! Didn't see ya around much the rest of the day but that was the manic day lol Hope it was worth the trip tho?? :P I'm sure I'll catch up with ya soon :D

yes thankyou it was worth it indeed :P:D i got everything wot i wanted, it was just so brilliant to finally meet, james/alexis/and tony head!! :lol::P:lol::D

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg