These screenings....

Hi there! I'm lulabee and I'm new here. :rolleyes: I'm looking for some advice about the LoTR movie screenings. I live in Milton Keynes itself, but unfortunately I'm virtually housebound. It would take me a tonne of energy and effort to get myself to a LoTR screening besides the fact it costs £20 (or £40 for both!) which is a lot of cash for me. I would like to have gone to the fair itself to get Elijah's autograph, but considering I would probably be hanging around for hours on end, getting shoved and goodness knows what, and I'd be in a wheelchair, I think that's out the question. So the only thing is the movie screenings. What I would like to know is: is it worth it for me to put myself through pain and other things to go to it. What do you actually get out of a movie screening? What were your experiences?? Any responses would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Lulabee xx :angry:

Lulabee! Hello there! Unfortunately I think all the LotR's screenings are sold out...you would have to check on the main page for the, www.collectormania.com then go onto the events link I think....:rolleyes:

It would be great if you could make it to the signings, I'm sure everything would be fine! We are a nice enough bunch here!

Hi there! I'm lulabee and I'm new here. ;) I'm looking for some advice about the LoTR movie screenings. I live in Milton Keynes itself, but unfortunately I'm virtually housebound. It would take me a tonne of energy and effort to get myself to a LoTR screening besides the fact it costs £20 (or £40 for both!) which is a lot of cash for me. I would like to have gone to the fair itself to get Elijah's autograph, but considering I would probably be hanging around for hours on end, getting shoved and goodness knows what, and I'd be in a wheelchair, I think that's out the question. So the only thing is the movie screenings. What I would like to know is: is it worth it for me to put myself through pain and other things to go to it. What do you actually get out of a movie screening? What were your experiences?? Any responses would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Lulabee xx :P

Lulabee, Hi there I'm David and I'm helping Showmasters run the event and specifically running the evening screenings.

As to the screenings themselves they start with an hour talk by a number of the actors and are followed by the film. The talks will include a Q&A session and you'll be quite cosy with only 300 of you plus the guests.

Last time I spoke to Andrea (who's doing the ticketing) the LOTR screening on Saturday and the TTT screening on Sunday were sold out, but there were still tickets avaiable for the TTT Saturday screening and the LOTR Sunday screening. So please come if you can.

I'm disappointed that you think you might not be able to make the signings because of a wheelchair. I saw several people at our last event in wheelchairs and certainly we wouldn't want that to prevent you attending.

If you have specific questions or concerns please feel free to ask the publically here or email showmasters at info@showmastersonline.com or you can, if you prefer, email me directly at simonsd@msn.com

• Showmasters Admin

Or if you have specific questions on wheelchair access or facilities at the shopping centre they have a dedicated page on their website here:

http://www.thecentremk.com/show_content_1....=252&nav_id=114

and this is the website of the Xscape snowdome which houses the cinema:

http://www.xscape.co.uk/

I hope you will be able to make it to Collectormania or one of the screenings, you will be more than welcome!

Thank you David, Smaug and Showmasters so very much for your replies. To tell the truth, another reason why I'm aprehensive of going is, as I am mostly housebound, my contact with people in the last 6 years has been minimal, almost nil, so I am very, very nervous around other people now. But you all seem very nice here, which has made me feel a little easier :huh: I will certainly think about going as I would dearly love to get Elijah's autograph, and this will probably be my only oppertunity for the foreseeable future. If I could it would be the best thing to happen to me in 6 years! Thank you once again all. It's much appreciated.

Lulabee xx

Edited by lulabee_bee

We are all lovely! and if you can make it, then its definately worth it!! c3 was the first time i'd atteded and it was an amazing day!!! and this time they have elijah(and dom:D:D)...who is like a HUGE star!

hope to see you there!!im sure you'd love it!! :D

it should be a lot of fun and ,and maybe a once in a lifetime chance to meet elijah and the others so i would go if i where you

but that's easy for me to say. if your not sure about the signigns at least go to the screening. you see them in real life anyway and there's suposed to b an auction so get your hands on something rare!!!!!

cheers and hope to see you there

lulabee

I reaaaly think that if the only problem for you is beeing in a wheelchair and not seeing peopal for a long time,then you shuld go and do it with a blast :-) =C-4 :-)

if you can't aford the movies , that's cool

but do come out and join the fun :-)

I work with the disabeld i knew how hard it can be to go out , but you knew in you'r hart that thow it might be scerry ,in the end not only will you be aboul to say

hai i did it

but you'l alsow knew you meet poepal you wont to meet and even get picutes and autographs ..and who knew how many new friends you'l make

so pleeease try :-)

• Showmasters Admin
Thank you David, Smaug and Showmasters so very much for your replies. To tell the truth, another reason why I'm aprehensive of going is, as I am mostly housebound, my contact with people in the last 6 years has been minimal, almost nil, so I am very, very nervous around other people now. But you all seem very nice here, which has made me feel a little easier ;) I will certainly think about going as I would dearly love to get Elijah's autograph, and this will probably be my only oppertunity for the foreseeable future. If I could it would be the best thing to happen to me in 6 years! Thank you once again all. It's much appreciated.

Lulabee xx

Hi Lulabee,

It's good to have you on the board. I understand what you are saying, and don't want to put any pressure on you at all, but if you would like to actually attend the event and meet Elijah I am sure that we could arrange that in such a way to mean you wouldn't have to hang around for any longer than you felt comfortable with. The guests are generally wonderful people, and so friendly, I am sure you would really enjoy meeting them. I realise that it may be scary for you, and that it may take a great deal of courage and effort on your part, but if there is anything we can do to help with this we certainly will.

If you would like to e-mail me personally then maybe we can discuss how we can make this happen for you. You can get me on mark@collectormania.com. Alternatively, if you prefer to use the board then just post a reply.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Mark

Hi there! I'm lulabee and I'm new here. :D I'm looking for some advice about the LoTR movie screenings. I live in Milton Keynes itself, but unfortunately I'm virtually housebound. It would take me a tonne of energy and effort to get myself to a LoTR screening besides the fact it costs £20 (or £40 for both!) which is a lot of cash for me. I would like to have gone to the fair itself to get Elijah's autograph, but considering I would probably be hanging around for hours on end, getting shoved and goodness knows what, and I'd be in a wheelchair, I think that's out the question. So the only thing is the movie screenings. What I would like to know is: is it worth it for me to put myself through pain and other things to go to it. What do you actually get out of a movie screening? What were your experiences?? Any responses would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Lulabee xx :D

Hi Lulabee

I kind of understand what you are talking about, as I have had to deal with disability myself in the past. Obviously an event such as CM4 is a daunting prospect...although some may argue it is for all of us! Clearly wheelchairs, loads of people and possible long queues are not an ideal mix.

Seriously, I think it is well worth you coming to a screening. There is a question and answer session before the film is shown. Anyone who was at the LOTR screenings where Andy Serkis did the Gollum/Smeagol argument live will testify to how very special it was. I am sure it willl be just as amazing this time round.

If you would like to ask a question to the guests, but are a little too shy, you could always write it down and ask someone else or a member of the CM team to ask it on your behalf.

I really hope you will be able to make it - it will be a truly unforgettable experience.

All the best

Nick

:D

Yay hello lulabee_bee, if you can make it to C4 that would be great!!!!!!!!I am sure there will be a lot of people who will look out for you!!!!!! It would be such a shame if you had to miss out on something like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come and post round here more often, we are all a great but mad bunch of people!!!

And if your on yahoo or msn, come and chat with us on that too, my details are on my signature below!!!!!!!

I hope to see you there!!!! In October!!!!!!!!!!Just realised thats not far to go now!!!!!!!

hi lulabee,

don't worry about anything and just come and enjoy yourself!

Just think, you will meet Elijah!!!

hope to see you at one of the screenings too, i'm going to ttt on sat and fotr on sun and i don't think that either of them are sold out yet!

i'm sure that showmasters will sort something out with you to make you feel more comfortable there if you want to. ;)

Hi Lulabee

Welcome to the forum ~ you'll love it here :blush:

It would be great to see you at C4 if you decided to go, I personally think that it is a fantastic line-up and can't wait to see people from the Lord of the Ring's films.

We're all really friendly on here so I wouldn't worry too much about going.

I am also from Milton Keynes and I think it is amazing that Elijah, Sean and Co are coming to our home town ~ this is something not too be missed ;)

Feel free to email me if you wish (email address is at the bottom of my signature).

Take care and hope to see you at C4.

I can't say much more than the others above there is a huge number of LOTR fans out there. We all hope you can come don't let this slip you by you will be wishing you had gone.

People understand some people need extra help and I'm sure Show masters will do their best.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Cat

my msn

queenblackcat@hotmail.com

I can't say much more than the others above there is a huge number of LOTR fans out there. We all hope you can come don't let this slip you by you will be wishing you had gone.

People understand some people need extra help and I'm sure Show masters will do their best.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Cat

my msn

queenblackcat@hotmail.com

You are from LJ.com aren't you?

lulabee_bee I hope that we wouldn't put you off coming to the actual signings, it will be my first time at one of these deals but from what I can tell everyone is really nice and more than likely look out for you.

I hope you decide to try and make it to the signings at least! :P

Lula bee,

Hi, how are you?

I'm sure that you will enjoy Collectormania if you do decide to come, it's my first collectormania too and i must admit i'm a little nervous too. But i have been chatting on here for a while and everyone seems just lovely, they're very welcoming, great people. And i'm sure we'll all make you feel comfertable and welcome at collectormania!!

Hope you can make it,

Luv Kirsty x x x

Hi sweetie,

i have worked in a cineworld cinema and if you ask showmasters i know they have wheelchair access in the cinema!! its part of the whole cineworld plan to give people what they want! they also have hearing loop! though that wont help with the guest talk!

i hope you do come i'll look out for you, if you can manage to get to the centre i'm sure it wont be too mad and we can all meet up for a coffee!!!

if you dont get to meet them all you'll at least get to see them! and i'll be taking loads of pictures!!

huggles

Veasse xx