Anthony Daniels

SM I went to the other convention over the weekend and met Anthony Daniels, what a great guest he was! Took time with everyone to discuss there item that they had brought to get signed had space set aside so he could have his photo took with you (with C3-P0 in the back ground) he has got to be one of the best guests I have ever met so far!

Even the crew that was helping him was great taking time to talk to you and discuss what you had brought to get signed they had great knowledge of Star Wars items as well, although I will like to point out the crew that you have are always helpful but having someone discuss the history of an item whilst you wait in a queue was nice.

SO SM ARE YOU LISTENING!!! GO GET ANTHONY DANIELS HE IS THAT DAM GOOD I WILL GLADLY PAY TO MEET HIM AGAIN AND AGAIN!!

I queued (not virtually, I might add :blink: ) for about an hour and three quarters and met him around lunchtime - absolute quality guest. Fan friendly, efficient, obliging !

He signed for me while the previous person was gathering their belongings and getting ready for photos etc, and kept the whole queue moving beautifully. Even on the rare occasions that there was a bottleneck, he chatted along the queue, thanking people for their patience, asking questions and seeming genuinely interested ! Sort of like a negative of David Carradine !

He did balk a bit when I specifically asked him to sign next to Kenny Baker, but still did it with a smile. The guy is a star and a legend - the only person in all six movies for goodness sake !!

His "hosts" could have been better though. They insisted in chastising EVERYONE who took pics from the sidelines - "If you want a photo, please queue up and he will happily pose" :blink: Sorry, that's a battle you can't win ! If I pay £15 admission, I can photograph anything I want that's part of the show !" It just made them seem like prats !

His "hosts" could have been better though. They insisted in chastising EVERYONE who took pics from the sidelines - "If you want a photo, please queue up and he will happily pose" :blink: Sorry, that's a battle you can't win ! If I pay £15 admission, I can photograph anything I want that's part of the show !" It just made them seem like prats !

I guess you are talking about the guys that was in suits, yeh I heard them a few times telling people not to take photos unless they are having an autograph, I over heard one telling one of his colleges what to look out for (guess he was going for lunch) and he did say it was Mr. Daniels request, which I can kinda understand. Although I did notice the people that was taking photos that they stopped was the type with big massive camera with lens as long as your arm. General Jo Bloggs that took a quick snap they didn't seem to mind as much. Whilst I was waiting I noticed Patrick Stewart, he was just walking about looked like he had done some shopping.

He was charging 20quid per autograph I had four posters that I wanted signing I had lost my bank card whilst out on the town the night before and only had 100quid to take as I didn't wake up early enough to get to the bank to cash a cheque. So I only got 3 of them done so I will now have to wait ages before he does one in the UK (unless SM can sort something out and get him at one of there shows) as he only seems to do most of his stuff abroad I guess thats where the cash is, but worth it though

His "hosts" could have been better though. They insisted in chastising EVERYONE who took pics from the sidelines - "If you want a photo, please queue up and he will happily pose"  :D Sorry, that's a battle you can't win ! If I pay £15 admission, I can photograph anything I want that's part of the show !" It just made them seem like prats !

I guess you are talking about the guys that was in suits, yeh I heard them a few times telling people not to take photos unless they are having an autograph, I over heard one telling one of his colleges what to look out for (guess he was going for lunch) and he did say it was Mr. Daniels request, which I can kinda understand. Although I did notice the people that was taking photos that they stopped was the type with big massive camera with lens as long as your arm. General Jo Bloggs that took a quick snap they didn't seem to mind as much. Whilst I was waiting I noticed Patrick Stewart, he was just walking about looked like he had done some shopping.

His website says that he doesn't like people taking photos of him whilst signing as sometimes they are used by dishonest people to "authenticate" a forged sig.

He was very nice on Sat - it seems I was lucky - only qued for 1 hour!

I was queing for about 90 mins on Saturday morning and he had the right hump. We asked about photos with his guys in the suits and they gave us the junk about forgers but the argument is the photos prove that they are not fakes so anybodt trying to flog them without could be the forgers. He also started getting funny when we asked to sign in silver instead of blue or my friend wanted it signed in a certain place because he had all the other cast on the photo too.

It may not be completely his fault there was no virtual que and there was no limit on the number of stuff to get signed people were getting 10 - 20 at a time and one guy apparentley got 40, the urine was extracted beyond belief.

I felt he was just a bit rude considering between my friend and I gave him £100 for 3 minutes of his time I expect a lot better than what I got. He also kept just leaving the line standing while he wander off round the crowd, it all seemed like a front

I met Anthony on Sunday, got there first thing and couldn't have waited more than about 15 mins tops.

The stewards on his counter, were very friendly and were taking time to talk to everyone about their item or items for sale and given little titbits of star wars trivia.

Some people were getting quite a lot of photos signed, although no where near as many as 40.

From what I saw in the time I was in the queue he was very friendly, courteous, was happy to pose for the photos next to the model of C3P0.

I think sometimes people expect a little too much, and I would certainly rate this meeting with Anthony as one of the better Star Wars peeps I have met.

We met him on the saturday after queueing for over an hour, but that was due to some dealers who wanted over 30 posters signed :P

Although when we got to Anthony he was great, taking time to talk to his guests and posing for photos, in between. :D

Edited by CHRIS !!

I spoke to Daniels aid on saturday and he said there was no chance at all in Daniels doing Collectormania.

why not? Colectormania is great!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

You'll have to ask Showmasters why?

I felt he was just a bit rude considering between my friend and I gave him £100 for 3 minutes of his time I expect a lot better than what I got. He also kept just leaving the line standing while he wander off round the crowd, it all seemed like a front

To be fair, if you are looking to pay someone for their time, try a hooker :spidy::wub:

You are paying your £££ for the AUTO !!! The amount of time you get with him is by-the-by ! Also, having queued for over an hour, I was impressed that he wandered over to my part of the queue and had a brief chat. All that was happening at the head of the queue anyway, was one guy rolling up the posters he had just had signed, and the next person getting their stuff ready for signing.

I watched closely while I was in the queue, and AD was definitely the most efficient signer, SW or otherwise, I have ever encountered. His behaviour throughout worked wonderfully well in keeping the queue moving, and keeping morale up !!

ANTHONY DANIELS FOR C7 !!

I spoke to Daniels aid on saturday and he said there was no chance at all in Daniels doing Collectormania.

why not? Colectormania is great!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

You'll have to ask Showmasters why?

Yeah SMs, why !!! :wub::spidy:

You are paying your £££ for the AUTO !!! The amount of time you get with him is by-the-by ! Also, having queued for over an hour, I was impressed that he wandered over to my part of the queue and had a brief chat. All that was happening at the head of the queue anyway, was one guy rolling up the posters he had just had signed, and the next person getting their stuff ready for signing.

I watched closely while I was in the queue, and AD was definitely the most efficient signer, SW or otherwise, I have ever encountered. His behaviour throughout worked wonderfully well in keeping the queue moving, and keeping morale up !!

ANTHONY DANIELS FOR C7 !!

I agree - I thought it was nice that he came and spoke to people in the queue.

It shows he was thinking of us as we waited and also showed that he wasn't worried about mixing with us! I expect a lot of people wouldn't want to come out from behind their little desk!