No really big stars...

Calumn

I was thinking, while you have a pretty decent guestlist, you dont have anyone i would consider to be a really big name - lots who come close and lots who are big in the Sci Fi world - but no-one like Burt Reynolds. Just wondering if there was any chance this could change?

It really does depend on what things your into to decide if they are really big stars... to me James Marsters and Sean Astin are pretty big but to others not so much..... For instance until LFACC I didn't even know who Burt Reynolds was because I hadn't seen anything he was in, and still haven't.

"Big" guests have never gone down very well at Collectormania except for Kristanna Loken. She's the only one who wasn't crabby or who didn't spend the whole weekend swearing her head off.

One thing's for sure. . .Peter Weller and Joe Pantoliano won't be getting invites back. ^_^

And one can assume that despite his massive popularity at the event, The Burtmiester was more than likely one of the main reasons for SM's "substantial" financial loss.

Yeah, I'd say that the bigger the star, the bigger the queue of people, and the more work the crew have to do to keep people under control... and the more camera's we have to tell people to turn off...

I like it when people like Michael Dorn and Marina Sertis go to the conventions, because they're cult TV people, and that's what collectormania (to me) is all about. It's cool when TLOTR people go, though, cuz... well... Sean Astin... Goonies rock!

Sorry... I'll shut up now :unsure:

Katesxxx

Sean Astin yes, he has done well but appears at 2 many signings and events. James Marsters??? What has he done since Buffy and Angel? He will be forgotten soon completly, hes a no body now... Just the blonde one from Buffy....

oh of course James band! that really weel known band who only buffy fans go and see. Sean has obviously done C4 and a few scattered book signings and now C7. He does loads in the states, but he enjoys them, which is cool!

exactly, most of those names are know from us only cause we are geek, fans and movie junkies

they are well know for their movie characters not by their actors name and fame

and Im ok with that, I prefere good characters than famous dumb people

• Moderators
oh of course James band! that really weel known band who only buffy fans go and see. Sean has obviously done C4 and a few scattered book signings and now C7. He does loads in the states, but he enjoys them, which is cool!

James isn't with a band any more, he's starting out with a solo career .. everyone's gotta start somewhere and good luck to him!

Well I personally can't wait to meet the guests as I find them all fantastic and they are all big in their own way. I think SM have done a great job so far and have got some amazing guests attending the event.

As someone said above if they got HUGE names then the queues would be a lot longer and they would need extra security-etc and that would ruin the atmosphere of the event.

KJ x

To me, personally people like James, Alex, Sean and a few of the Who lot are pretty big stars.

I guess it depends on the individual and who or what they are into... If you think Burt is a big star then that's fine, but in my strange little world I would consider meeting James a much more exciting and 'huge' event...

Each to their own hey!

Although he's not exactly a "big star" nor an A list celeb, I'm still really please that Irvin Kirshner is coming...after all he is the director of one of the greatest movies (sequels especially) of all time.

I'm talking about ESB, not Robocop 2 by the way.

Edited by nicky

When i tell non fans/geeks some of the guests some really get impressed for example Sean Astin, Tony Head, James Masters, JRD these got my mates going ooo and the guy from Bridget Jones got a few going 'oo i love him' so yer i'd say there was not big but popular guests don;t complain i think its a really good show this time :uhoh:

When i tell non fans/geeks some of the guests some really get impressed for example Sean Astin, Tony Head, James Masters, JRD these got my mates going ooo and the guy from Bridget Jones got a few going 'oo i love him' so yer i'd say there was not big but popular guests don;t complain i think its a really good show this time :uhoh:

yes i agree!!!!!

the word "big" is so overated!

Very true.

"Big" is a very subjective term. But if you apply it to actors/directors who have "been there, seen it & done it" in terms of their area of expertise, and are known of by large areas of the population due to their work, even if many people have never seen much of any of their work, then I agree that C7 is certainly lacking something in the guest department.

There are going on probably about 60 guests so far announced for C7.

If you count the "big" guests after applying the above criteria, you've not got much of a list.

Maybe that's just due to films and TV shows not entering the public consciousness and popular culture like they used to.

Nichelle Nichols is "big" even if she's never done much other than Star Trek. She's "big" because practically everyone knows who she is, even if they've seen little or no original series Trek. That's the extent to which TOS entered popular culture.

I don't think there's anyone else announced who you could say is "big" in that way, except maybe Dean Stockwell who has pretty much been there, seen it and done it in the business without ever quite having become hugely "big". Many people will recognise him, even if they don't know his name. I suppose that constitues "big" too.

Sean Astin yes, he has done well but appears at 2 many signings and events. James Marsters??? What has he done since Buffy and Angel? He will be forgotten soon completly, hes a no body now... Just the blonde one from Buffy....

I'll pretend I did not hear that :D

Edited by IloveSpike

You know "ERROR" I think this forum is here for talk about which guest we love and which guest we want to see ! It's not a place for say this kind of personal and unpleasant commentary. For my own i'm a huge fan of James Marsters and i'm frustrated by your comment.

So if you don't like the guest who come at c7 nobody oblige you to stay here !

So what? Its my opinion like you may say a band i like is rubbish, I thought he was awlful in the musical, there was a massive bulid up to the episode, and james being in a band and all... When the episode was aired, i thought he was, "Rubbish".

Wouldnt class it as personal and unpleasant, just an opinion.