The most memorable reaction to a costume

nicky

i remember a reaction that sarah (rickman101) and myself got at c4 i think it was, she was dressed as snape and me draco, and we were walkin throo the shoppin centre when some horrible little 13 yr old boys started being rude n like walkin past doin a fake coughin n sayin "losers" or sumthing, so me and sarah both turned and looked at them at the same time with our best slytherin scowls n they ran off scared! haha!

i dressed up as draco for a fancy dress day at college once, on the way to college no1 even even batted an eyelid! but wen i went in once for sponsored pyjama day i had loads of little skoolkids shoutin at me "u got ur dressin gown on u know!"

did you go "really?!i never noticed! :D "

:unsure:

I've had quite a number of great reactions. I can't single out just one but maybe I can get in down to three... B)

At C5, I was wearing my Mt Doom Frodo costume. I notice these three girls, all about 13-14 years old following me staring and giggling a bit. I couldn't figure them out - if you like my costume, come and talk to me but if you think I'm a mad freak, please just go and leave me be. When I stopped to talk to friends a guy came up to me and said under his breath as if he didn't want people to see him talking to me - "Go and talk to those girls because they think you're Elijah Wood."

I've also got to say that Elijah's reaction to my Fellowship Frodo costume was also quite strange. I met him in january. He was doing photo ops with fans and for *every* person he met he stood up, took there hand and asked there name. However when he got to me he stood up...and then froze. I had three photos taken with him and he just stared at me the whole time. He was just transfixed (i couldnt work out if it was in a good way or not :D ). I tried to talk to him but he was unable to do anything but stare.

he did pose great for the photos though and at least I can say I had his full attention. :(

I'll finish on a fun little story. I was in B'ham town and midnight waiting for the Billy Boyd signing. Some guy came over to me and hugged and kissed me and asked me to go out drinking with him.

i remember a reaction that sarah (rickman101) and myself got at c4 i think it was, she was dressed as snape and me draco, and we were walkin throo the shoppin centre when some horrible little 13 yr old boys started being rude n like walkin past doin a fake coughin n sayin "losers" or sumthing, so me and sarah both turned and looked at them at the same time with our best slytherin scowls n they ran off scared! haha!

i dressed up as draco for a fancy dress day at college once, on the way to college no1 even even batted an eyelid! but wen i went in once for sponsored pyjama day i had loads of little skoolkids shoutin at me "u got ur dressin gown on u know!"

ROFLMAO!!!! I remember that! It was HILLARIOUS!!!

The BEST reaction I had was all the time I was wearing my Gondorian Uniform with the chainmail. Constantly being stopped to have my photo taken. To top it all Paul Norell took my photo with his own camera! :huh:

Oh and marching in Craig Parker while dressed as a Helms Deep Elf.... :angry: Fun times!!! Thanks to Showmasters for letting us do that!

At C5, I was wearing my Mt Doom Frodo costume. I notice these three girls, all about 13-14 years old following me staring and giggling a bit. I couldn't figure them out - if you like my costume, come and talk to me but if you think I'm a mad freak, please just go and leave me be. When I stopped to talk to friends a guy came up to me and said under his breath as if he didn't want people to see him talking to me - "Go and talk to those girls because they think you're Elijah Wood."

lmao, that's incredible! Did you go and talk to them??

I've had quite a number of great reactions. I can't single out just one but maybe I can get in down to three... ;)

I've also got to say that Elijah's reaction to my Fellowship Frodo costume was also quite strange. I met him in january. He was doing photo ops with fans and for *every* person he met he stood up, took there hand and asked there name. However when he got to me he stood up...and then froze. I had three photos taken with him and he just stared at me the whole time. He was just transfixed (i couldnt work out if it was in a good way or not :lol: ). I tried to talk to him but he was unable to do anything but stare.

he did pose great for the photos though and at least I can say I had his full attention. :lol:

I'll finish on a fun little story. I was in B'ham town and midnight waiting for the Billy Boyd signing. Some guy came over to me and hugged and kissed me and asked me to go out drinking with him.

Actually, I had a similar experience meeting Domanic in my Leggy costume. He didn't stare however. He asked me to do a twirl and then said that Orlando would be proud.

Jacali>> Are you doing your Darco again? As I would love to take a picture with you whilst I'm in my Lucius Malfoy outfit?

Aren't you the chick that's ALWAYS dressed as Frodo?

Yep! I think I have about 7 different Frodo costumes now.

We so have to meet up. I hope to have about five Legolas costumes when I'm finshed. I might be in my Legolas (without my weapons as my quiver has died) on the Sun.

Naurarwen>> I remeber the first time meeting you, Sam. In the lady's loo at the manchester LOTR event. I was in my haldir outfit.

Yes it got to your head very much so!

JACK! WILL! If we do potc now I'll need a wig. I got no hair!

I can't believe you cut your hair!....now I can't annoy you by messing with it all the time :angry: Damn! I think it's time to get thinking :firedevil:

I personally can't wait for us all to do POTC, it's gonna be ace! :rolleyes:

I've also got to say that Elijah's reaction to my Fellowship Frodo costume was also quite strange. I met him in january. He was doing photo ops with fans and for *every* person he met he stood up, took there hand and asked there name. However when he got to me he stood up...and then froze. I had three photos taken with him and he just stared at me the whole time. He was just transfixed (i couldnt work out if it was in a good way or not :unsure: ). I tried to talk to him but he was unable to do anything but stare.

All I can say is..... :o WOW! They are some amazing reactions, the C5 one is adorable, that they thought you were Elijah Wood....bless them! hehe! :D

As for the Elijah one, I sure wouldn't mind to have his blue eyes transfixed on me LOL! I can't wait ti see your famous Frodo costumes :D

Kirsty x x x

• 2 weeks later...

lmao, that's incredible! Did you go and talk to them??

No, I wasn't sure what I'd say "Hi, I look a bit like the guy you fancy" lol.

But I did wave at them :rolleyes: I was so embarassed!!!!

We so have to meet up. I hope to have about five Legolas costumes when I'm finshed. I might be in my Legolas (without my weapons as my quiver has died) on the Sun.

Naurarwen>> I remeber the first time meeting you, Sam. In the lady's loo at the manchester LOTR event. I was in my haldir outfit.

That'd be really cool! :rolleyes::wub::wub:

Here's a link to my photobucket so you can see me Frodo stuff. Mostly FotR but you'll get the idea of what I'm about

Frodo online

And here are my more recent pics (some were taken only 8 days agos!

New Stuff

Edited by babyFrodo

That'd be really cool! :D:lol::P

Here's a link to my photobucket so you can see me Frodo stuff. Mostly FotR but you'll get the idea of what I'm about

Frodo online

And here are my more recent pics (some were taken only 8 days agos!

New Stuff

Those are really cool photos. I would to do something like that with my Legolas but so far I have only managed bad photographs with a naff camera. I have seen you at previous events but I was out of costume every time.

emcos6.jpg

emcos5.jpg

Quick question? Are you the Frodo that had an artical writtern babout them in 'Full House' magazine?