The most memorable reaction to a costume

nicky

I realise that some of you guys travel to the cons actually in your costumes and on public transport and was wondering what kinda reactions you get from the public.

I know that you had a good one in the car park that time didn't you, Mich?

• 2 weeks later...

Dressed as Rogue at C5 a small child ran up and attached herself to my leg declaring I was her favourite cartoon character.

Was rather adorable!

Public transport is also very much fun indeed- I have fond memories of the stares I got while going round the subway dressed as 2000 era Psylocke with my mate as Gambit.

The first major reation that I got was when crossing a carpark in my full slytherin quidditch gear and a group of small boys pointed at me and said:

Look!! It's a witch!

The second one was at the C6 costume comp when a girl ran up to me and quoted the whole 'Mr Flibbles very cross...' line grinned and ran away again. It was really surreal!

but I have to say most memorable was at C6 the day after I was dressed as Rimmer when a nice man came up to me and said:

'Sorry to interupt but I just wanted to say thank you for posing with my daughter yesterday'

It was really nice of him and actually quite suprising that he recognised me out of costume!

hmm most memorable was when i first did Catwoman (the movie version) i came up on stage at a big convention and flashes started going off as camera pics were taken so i was blind to what was going on infront of me. Andreas Katsulas ( Gkar from Babylon 5) got of his chair (he was one of the guests who was judging the comp) and ran up took his jacket off and turned it inside out to form a cape then bent over and shouted " WHIP ME !!!"

B);)

Other than that i had a bunch of japanese tourist demand an impromptu photocall when i was dressed as Selene whilst on the tube!!!!

...i was dressed as Selene whilst on the tube!!!!

Nice avatar. :headscratch:

Ooh, I just noticed that you signed up to this forum on my 28th bday.

Oh, and nice avatar...ahem.

Edited by nicky

Nice avatar. :unsure:

hehe thanks.... :wub: it was that avatar, or my catwoman one but i didnt want to clash with Mich :wub:

Nice avatar. :unsure:

hehe thanks.... :wub: it was that avatar, or my catwoman one but i didnt want to clash with Mich :wub:

I don't mind Hun, use which pic you want... :wub:

I make my own costumes so most of the time i don't get recognised but.....

C6 on the sunday i was Professor x from the x-men and i had a you lad poke his head through the crowd and qoute wolverines line which was "and what are you wheels!" Made me smile!"

and my other memorable one was at the party at c6

I was Knight rider!!!

all through the night i had people going "DAVID HASSLEHOFF!" I also had people saying how good the costume was becuase you could see i made the car my self, i had one girl come up to me and qoute the whole knightrider speach thing you know at the beginning credits!!! and then someone came running up and said that Nicolas Brendan thought my costume was cool!!!

what will happen this year!

It was my first time as fancy dress at anything like this last year... so when I got out of the taxi to go to the party and had half a dozen people wanthing their pictures taken with me... well that was quite a thing!!!

Best one though was when I was dressed as a cabbage patch doll for a toy fare! I was sat there all happy, not a care in the world when a small girl came running up to me, jumped on my lap and decided that she wanted her dad to buy me for her as none of her other friends had one like me at home!!!

I was dressed as Alex Delarge from a Clockwork Orange.

I think I met you...you're a girl right?

I said to you, "So, are you into the old in-out then?"

I was a girl last time I checked... Lol, I remember you now! Either a grat quote from a fabby fab film, or a really bad line! :lol:

i remember a reaction that sarah (rickman101) and myself got at c4 i think it was, she was dressed as snape and me draco, and we were walkin throo the shoppin centre when some horrible little 13 yr old boys started being rude n like walkin past doin a fake coughin n sayin "losers" or sumthing, so me and sarah both turned and looked at them at the same time with our best slytherin scowls n they ran off scared! haha!

i dressed up as draco for a fancy dress day at college once, on the way to college no1 even even batted an eyelid! but wen i went in once for sponsored pyjama day i had loads of little skoolkids shoutin at me "u got ur dressin gown on u know!"

Edited by Jacali