JAMES MARSTERS NOT PERSONAALISING

After visting james marsters offical site i see that he does not personalise pictures or pose for photos due to his high demand

is this going to be the case at collectormania 7 as all guests in the past have personalised if you want that even carrie fisher

please let us know showmasters in advance to we know if to get there early for a ticket

what does everyone else thing, will you want your signings personalised to you and make it a bit more special ????

If James is in great demand then posed photos will defently be stopped but having an autograph personalised doesnt take up much extra time as long as you are prepared with your name written on a piece of paper so hopefully SM wont stop it but I guess it all depends how many people arrive on the day but unless James has an Elijah size queue I doubt personalisations will be stopped.

God why bother doing these events if you are not going to please the fans who pay good money, i want a photo with james and my picture personalised and for £20 i would not expect anything less. This is when you really see that some of these people could not care less about their fans it is just about making some easy money!

when I saw him at Forbidden Planet a few years ago he started off personalising but by the time we got there (after 5 hours queueing) he had stopped personalising... I was gutted, but still got 2 auto's and a photo with him signing my pics :lol: ... I was hoping to see him this time to get my personalised auto... no point in going for me if he ain't doing them :lol:

As far as I know he does personalize the photo´s but only when the queue isn´t that long. I sleep from saturday on sunday in front of the door, can´t afford another night at a hotel, a week after this there´s another show and a week after that there´s new star con. So I hope that I´m one of the first in line at James place.

:lol:

After visting james marsters offical site i see that he does not personalise pictures or pose for photos due to his high demand

is this going to be the case at collectormania 7 as all guests in the past have personalised if you want that even carrie fisher

please let us know showmasters in advance to we know if to get there early for a ticket

what does everyone else thing, will you want your signings personalised to you and make it a bit more special ????

im not promising that he will personallize auto's but i met him bout two years ago at forbidden planet in leeds and he just cudn't have been nicer!

he was so warm and welcoming and personallized my box set and shook everyone's hand and was really great with my younger cousins who still to this day are in total aw of how nice he was!

so don't believe it til you meet him and find out for yourself!

Yeah I've heard that he is really good with the fans & takes time to chat & hold your hand :lol: but knowing what previous Collectormania's have been like, he probably won't be given the opprtunity to do that. We'll be herded through like cattle as usual. You'll probably be lucky if you get time for a photo. <_<

Or am I being harsh?

I have met James before and he is amazing - so nice

It will be up to SM if I meet him again as I already have his auto but no photo - to be honest - I don't think I will be meeting him again as he won't be allowed to have photos taken with us.

Lisa

If he is going to be as busy as we all think then unless you are going up to get an autograph you wont even be allowed to join the queue for a pic, they only allow that if the guest is fine with it and when there is no queue.

Best shot at getting a photo with him is to be there early and go up with someone who is getting an autograph.

If he is going to be as busy as we all think then unless you are going up to get an autograph you wont even be allowed to join the queue for a pic, they only allow that if the guest is fine with it and when there is no queue.

Best shot at getting a photo with him is to be there early and go up with someone who is getting an autograph.

If they allow photos at all!

Might have time for a quick hello & goodbye before we are pushed through ;)

• Moderators

I know people find it annoying being pushed through pretty quickly, and I would too if I were in your position, but then you have to think that if everyone got all the time they wanted with James then not many people would actually get to meet him ;) I'm sure there'd be lots of disappointed ppl, plus it wouldn't be financially viable either cuz they have to make their money back at least, and I have no idea how many autos they have to sign for that.

Hopefully pics will be allowed tho, I wanted one with Nic Brendon and couldn't .. I always prefer photos with the guest, even more so that getting the auto itself .. at least u can look back n show ppl etc, while with an auto it could have easily been bought off eBay!

I guess we'll have to see, but James has done photo sessions before at a convention I went to and he was really nice to everyone so remain hopeful ;)

Even if James can't pose for photos, can you still take unposed photos of him signing? I'll have someone with me, could they just snap a shot of him signing without him having to take time out to pose? I'm not too worried about a personalised autograph, I'd be happy just to meet him, however briefly. I'm not getting into Milton Keynes til 10am on Sunday, so I guess I'll have to go straight to James to get a virtual queing ticket to get a half decent queing time.

its really hard for sm to answer questions about photos. it really depends on how things are on the day. firstly it depends if the guest is willing to have photos taken. most of them are more than happy to do that. some dont like it, others will only allow them without flashes. unfortunately that has nothing to do with SM.

if the guest is allowing photos its still hard for sm to answer before the event. it all depends on how many people there are waiting to see the guest. obviously we all want the best experience when seeing a guest, especially if its for the first time, and i know as a member of the crew, that i want everyone to have an amazing experience too. sm will always try to make it possible.

but people have got to understand that sometimes its just not possible to have posed photos. most of the time on busy queues there is a crew member there to take photos for you, but if you want to be in the picture with the guest i advise crouching down at the table. ive lost count of how many times i have had to tell people to "lean in" teehee! it helps keep the queue moving too. and hopefully you will all get the experience you hoped for.

=x=

Yeah I understand what you are all saying about viability & time & the guest themselves but I was herded through meeting Billy Boyd last year & had a fairly quick meeting with Elijah Wood before that. They didn't have objections to photos because they had done some earlier on so it must have been SMs speeding things up to get more cash.

I praise & thank SMs for getting these excellent guests but I also feel that when I am paying £20+ I shouldn't be herded through at top speed with barely more than a chance to say hello to the guest before the next person is pushed forward.

I know that the money is for the autograph but I just expect a bit of customer service in return for what I consider to be a fairly substantial payment. You wouldn't be satisfied if you were treated that way elsewhere, say, in a shop. So why should this be any different?

For me, a photo & a chance to say "Hi, how are you?"to the guest is more important to me than an autograph but to get that chance I have to pay for the autograph. Therefore I expect the bit that comes with it.

Anyway we shall see how it goes when we get to C7. I am only going on past experience. But I will not be a happy bunny if I do get a ticket for James & then can't have a proper 'moment' with him. I'll stand my ground!! :unsure:

• Moderators

Well, we can go back to the normal argument of dealers vs shows, and how for significantly cheaper than buying an auto off a dealer, u can meet the guest too ... it may not be for as long as u want, u might not get a proper conversation etc, you might not get a posed pic, you might not get this or that etc BUT some people buy autos for £10 more off dealers without even meeting the guest SO I think most people get a good deal. And yeah, maybe things do have to be sped up so that more people can get through but it's a business so that's understandable. People have different expectations, and different wishes from these shows - some are happy just getting the autograph for cheaper than they would if they went to a dealer, some are happiest getting a picture with a guest, some just wanna say hi and thank you to someone who they've watched for many years! Hopefully everyone can get what they want out of it, but no doubt some people will be disappointed.

I'm sure there will be loads of people wanting to meet James, so I would be happy just to meet him, no matter how quick it is. Better 800 people meet him quickly than 400 getting a chat and photo with him. I'm going to his talk on Sunday too.

I'm sure there will be loads of people wanting to meet James, so I would be happy just to meet him, no matter how quick it is. Better 800 people meet him quickly than 400 getting a chat and photo with him. I'm going to his talk on Sunday too.

Yeah it's true we will be lucky to meet him however quickly.

I'm not sure I agree about the 800 rather than the 400. Certainly better from SMs point of view though.