Showmasters

matrix8

If any of you read showmasters post the other week, it clearly said that 'Fox Mulder' is NOT always David, Showmasters have the ability to sign in as any moderator, and edit and delete stuff.

Yet you all blame david for this !!

I mem that but will not discuss it here as it is inappropritate to in this topic :D

I thought salem was randomly having diggs but now you've posted this I am thinking maybe something he said was deleted before the post?

I don't know!!!!! :lol:

BUT I DO KNOW that this isn't the place to talk bout it ;)

surfy sah xx :wub:

Yeah, discussing things in a FORUM ! is silly !!

For the record, David has accepted responsibility for the specific deletions and edits I have expressed a concern with.......

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surfy Sah was referring to what this Thread is mean't to be about. It's about what is happening to LFCC3 not about people's problems with DavidB.

Why don't you read things properly before responding.

Edited by matrix8

Surfy Sah was referring to what this Thread is mean't to be about. It's about what is happening to LFCC3 not about people's problems with DavidB.

Why don't you read things properly before responding.

So much for not wanting in-fighting ......

oh please god no, i realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly want to see Dean Stockwell and Jamie Bamber.

I spoke to SM before i left LFCC2 on Saturday and they told me it is still going ahead.

I just noticed that CM7 web site is updated and LFCC web site has not changed, this is very strange.

LFCC2 was very popular and i dont see why it could get pulled. :wub:

on the topic of lfcc possibly bein cancelled, i don't see that as likely. and a lack of announcements does NOT support this supposition - just remember what C6 was like for announcements just before. and indeed, the fact that SM had hoped for a LOT more guests than they got, yet C7 still seems to be goin ahead....

You lot sound like you are on a School Palyground.

Just because SM have not answered anyone yet does not mean its cancelled then again it does not mean its not cancelled, at the end of the day you alll need to sit back, relax and stop worrying. There is alot more sh!t going on in this world at the moment and to me this just seems stupid.

I think if SM just clarified the position it would help this situation a lot. This post is getting a bit out of control with people voicing some quite strong opinions anout other users. (I don't know any of the individuals personally so I have no idea if the comments are justified or not about specific individuals).

The way its going on here there is a lot of bad feeling being generated, which I think would be a shame if it was carried over to an actual SM event.

I cant help but feel a brief statement from SM about the state of play of this event would sort out so many of the problems that seem to be going on at the moment. After all for someone like myself who lives just outside London its no probelm, I can more or less decide on the day if I'm going to come or not but for anyone travelling any major distance in the UK or from abroad who has to book travel tickets or hotel accomodation there is quite a cost implication.

on the topic of lfcc possibly bein cancelled, i don't see that as likely. and a lack of announcements does NOT support this supposition - just remember what C6 was like for announcements just before. and indeed, the fact that SM had hoped for a LOT more guests than they got, yet C7 still seems to be goin ahead....

I am not suggesting that the lack of guest announcements is pointing towards the fact that this Event might be cancelled or postponed, it has never been to do with the announcements.

It's the fact that this Thread raised an issue and has now expanded to 6 pages over a period of 8 days and Showmaster's haven't even taken a second to put a response.

They could even say 'don't worry it's still going ahead', or 'we are not sure what is happening with this Event yet'. ANYTHING, that's all they need to do is say SOMETHING! Is that too much to ask, really?????

Don't say it is just because it's been Christmas and now New Year is coming up, because they have had the time and taken the opportunity to update the C7 website.

What sort of an Organisation ignores their supporters?

I think if SM just clarified the position it would help this situation a lot. This post is getting a bit out of control with people voicing some quite strong opinions anout other users. (I don't know any of the individuals personally so I have no idea if the comments are justified or not about specific individuals).

The way its going on here there is a lot of bad feeling being generated, which I think would be a shame if it was carried over to an actual SM event.

I cant help but feel a brief statement from SM about the state of play of this event would sort out so many of the problems that seem to be going on at the moment. After all for someone like myself who lives just outside London its no probelm, I can more or less decide on the day if I'm going to come or not but for anyone travelling any major distance in the UK or from abroad who has to book travel tickets or hotel accomodation there is quite a cost implication.

Yes a brief response from Showmasters will definitely stop it... well for me anyway.

That's all I want.

LFCC is easier to reach, i just get a coach, stay at my Brothers then get a tube and I am at the event.

CM is too far, it takes 3 hours to drive up there and my parents wont take me next year so i have to get a coach or go with my friend who also lives locally.

I have a car BUT I have not learnt how to drive in the dark yet.

It will be shame if it got cancelled. I would loooooooove to meet Dean Stockwell and Jamie Bamber. Please oh please *begs* don't get this cancelled.

There is so much negative vibe in here.

It is only December 30th (stil Christmas) and SM are on holiday, just chill, and our questions will be answered in due course. *crosses fingers*

:angel::wub::D

Edited by BluebizzieB

*sigh*

i dont get it. i just dont get it.

why do people feel the need to get at other people? whether it be a company or an individual. its just so infuriating.

and as for davidB... i dont know him well enough to pass judgement. but i do know that i have never seen him call someone half the names hes been called. his posts might not agree with everything thats been said but he is always fair and tries to see both points of view. he asks for people to show him how he is wrong and if he is he accepts it.... which a lot more than some people can do.

this whole thing has got way out of control and i really dont think a forum is the place for personal vendettas. its not possible for us to all get on every single hour of the day but we can at least be civil and try to see where everyone is coming from.

please dont be so quick to judge.

=x=

i think all the people that know david (and there are alot of us) will realise straight away that what salemslot said was disgusting and calling people names will not get u anywhere on this forum!

I too would like to know about london comic con as soon as poss, as i would like to book my hotel etc ...and i remember booking my hotel for london 2 straight after london 1based on going onto the forum and checking dates, so it is weird that the website has not been updated.

I know tensions are running high, but what was said about david was completely disgusting, uncalled for and un-true.... :lol:

I have been following this thread with some interest and have finally decided to put ethereal ink to paper.

As somebody else has pointed out a possible postponement of LFCC3 isn't that important (not considering other current affairs). I have faith that SM's will have their say when they are good and ready. Lets cheer ourselves with the saying "no news is good news!"

There has also been some character assassinations of late too! On the forum I have never had a problem with anyone. Yes there are people that I disagree with but that's life afterall. I do remember a rather lively thread on costumers after LFCC2 (last Autumn being my first season in costume). The debate was engaging and no harm was done (as far as I am aware).

However in the flesh some forum folk have proved to be rather different. I have met some real nice folk thru' this, some very genuine people. And when you spend time with people you can tell. People such as Vamps!, Surfy Sah, Bex, Cat B and Salem's Lot (yes I did write that) have helped make the events a real pleasure. Narauren_Fangorn and Rickman101 have welcomed me to the costumers also. People like this are well worth meeting, and I've met them thru' this forum.

But some folk who seem so friendily on the net can, in life, be just the opposite, and 1 really comes to mind. I do a lot of overtime to fund my eventing (over 400 hours), and as a result in the past 12 months I have attended 12 events (off the top of my head). We see a lot of the same people attending too. But David B why is an Astrophysicist not good enough to say "hello" to in the flesh? I have tried on several occasions but I am simply not good enough for the clique, the same clique that are now probably gunning for me. I don't mind people having their own little sycophantic appreciation societies, but it doesn't make them perfect beings. None of us are that!

I imagine that there will be calls to ban me now also, but consider this, I have said nothing offensive! Barely anything at all in fact. Banning me will prove Salem's Lot (and co) right. I rarely write in this fashion preferring instead to watch and read but this time I had to speak up. Not to do so would be hyprocritical of me, I have friends, I will say my piece for them.

Folk seem to be posting in dread of upsetting certain people (one named above); so that when they do write, too much emotion has built up! That cannot be good all ways round, nobody should write in fear under the sword of Damocles! This is a forum, it's for debating, lets be Roman, lets debate.

So shoot me down...

Hello,

Masters of the Show here, brother of Showmasters.

Just to let you all know that the LFCC is quite probably going to maybe, you never know, well, at least I don't think we know, now do we ?, well, as I was saying, the LFCC is quite probably going to have a chance of hypothetically, from a certain point of view but not from all of them, if all the conditions are met, being, within a hard to determine range, possibly reconsidered of either being cancelled or giving the go-ahead.

[start small print mode] Please note that the present announcement was written without any prejudice. Showmasters reserves its rights to change the above message at any time, without explanation nor justification. This announcement is not binding and cannot be held against showmasters nor any of its affiliates. It is solely submitted to the laws of Zimbabwe and only the Courts of Zwevezele (Belgium) will have jurisdiction over any disputes arising thereof ! [end small print mode]

I hope this helps clarify matters and give you all some much needed mindrest ! :lol:

:D:D

Now if the event Was indeed in Zwevezele it wouldn't be as big a problem. Living in The Netherlands I could just drive up and cancel easily if it didn't go through. Now London however is a whole different animal. There's plane tickets, hotels, theatreshows etc etc. If LFCC3 were to be cancelled it would be costing me a couple hundred quid I could be better spending on my 'little' DVD collection :lol: So what is up? Could we finally get some anwsers here? I don't bloody well feel like arranging everything just to hear it's being cancelled. As will many others.

Showmasters' schedule considering they will anounce the cancelation 5 days in advance to the event. So I suggest you guys don't hold your breath. This is LFCC2 all over again. Anyone recall the non-announcement of Samual L Jackson?

So please Showmasters. This is starting to look like an amatueristic mess. Clear this up before you lose even more visitors than last LFCC.

We've all got priorities ....

I know we all do but to me this seems like a stupid thing to worry about. At the end of the day SM will let us know what is going on sittting here and worrying about it is no way to spend your day, if you ask me its just sad that you are spending so much time worrying about a rumour.

People have asked me why I don't post as much as I used to and I'll tell you its because of certain people on these boards that take things way to seriously and will start a fight at the smallest thing, these boards are supposed to be fun but they just aren't anymore because all you lot seem to do is fight. I have met some great people but then again I have also met people that won't give you the time of day.

So we just have to understand that we are all different and get on with our lives, stop acting like you are a bunch of 5 year olds in a school playground and grow up.

We've all got priorities ....

I know we all do but to me this seems like a stupid thing to worry about. At the end of the day SM will let us know what is going on sittting here and worrying about it is no way to spend your day, if you ask me its just sad that you are spending so much time worrying about a rumour.

People have asked me why I don't post as much as I used to and I'll tell you its because of certain people on these boards that take things way to seriously and will start a fight at the smallest thing, these boards are supposed to be fun but they just aren't anymore because all you lot seem to do is fight. I have met some great people but then again I have also met people that won't give you the time of day.

So we just have to understand that we are all different and get on with our lives, stop acting like you are a bunch of 5 year olds in a school playground and grow up.

I'm sorry but I invest a significant amount of my time, energy and money in SMs events. I have travel and accomodation to arrange, time off work to book, cover at work to sort etc etc. With barely two months to go, a simple yes, no or maybe from SM Towers would be appreciated, and NOT, I think, a lot to ask ! :lol::D

I'm not actually worried about the Event, because at the moment there is only one Guest that I want to meet (out of the two announced). In fact it would save me a lot of money if it was cancelled.

What I am disgusted about (rather than worried) is that Showmaster have completely ignored every single person that has posted in these Threads for more than a week. But they do have time to respond to the in-fighting and Banning people!