do you get nervous when meeting celebs?

aron

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah what i life working with celebs. Wouldnt mind doing that for a while...not all the time though.

Its very hot again today *dramatically puts hand on forehead* Its more that i can bloody bare.

Like i said i honestly dont know how im gonna react, i mean with billy i was pretty normal...except making a fool outta myself but i was normal. ill just have to wait and see i guess. I just hope i dont make a fool outta myself infront of Elijah or Dom . :huh:

I can't say I do get nervous meeting the celebs. Hubby and I have worked with so many its like second nature to us :)

show-off :firedevil:

Not really..... yeah its great being able to work with them but its also very hard work.

I used to be in awe of them all but when you have a job to do you have to distance yourself and be professional so the "fan" part of you has to disappear....

I can't say I do get nervous meeting the celebs. Hubby and I have worked with so many its like second nature to us :)

show-off :lol:

Not really..... yeah its great being able to work with them but its also very hard work.

I used to be in awe of them all but when you have a job to do you have to distance yourself and be professional so the "fan" part of you has to disappear....

Wow! So it's your job to work with celebs? That's so cool! :P But what do you do then? :rolleyes:

Err... I don't know really... when I met Bill (Billy Boyd) I was quite nervous, I did go kinda red and when he squeezed my shoulder I kind of freaked out! And my friend who went with me has given me stick ever since.. But I was so hyper afterwards on the way home, probably because I didn't need to meet anyone else. The first person I met at c3 was Andy Serkis, who is such a nice guy, I felt totally laid back with him and he was nice.

But god knows what I'll be like when I meet Elijah, Sean and Dom... :(:lol::blush:

I don't really get nervous tho, since some of my good friends are kind of famous in europe...Or the most country's of europe...I self went into the famousness myself, so, I'm kind of used to it.

I never screamed or felt weak or wathever when I saw someone famous.

Maybe a lil nervous, but I didn't really have that before also tho...

But I'm sure I'll be A.O.K ^_______________^

When I met Billy, I was nervous before and after meeting him, but once I was stood infront of him I just chatted, he was such a friendly guy he made it really easy. The same went for Andy, because I knew exactly what I was going to ask Billy, but I didn't really know about Andy it could have been more difficult to speak to him, but he was so nice that it wasn't a problem at all! Tom was abit rude with me, but he was so busy he couldn't spare time for anyone, but I still managed to ask him as calm as anything 'hey Tom, how are you?' lol! but then I had walked past him and into him before that! (and not even noticed) *shakes head at self*

Yeh so generally I'm okay with famous people, but Elijah and Sean may set me off my calm and un-nervous course! = /

Totally agree polly, i met andy, ian, john, sean bean and some of the peeps that worked on lord of the rings. i went really like shy, i like froze and didnt know what to say apart from thanku, but my friend got andy to do the voice! lol! he was sooooo nice! dom and sean got into a car infront of me and i went crazy then, they waved ahh, so duno what im gonna be like with elijah, i best not freeze!

Ok...really really embarrassing celeb story time with crusty old HoD here :o Proper Kevin the Teenager stuff :o

When I was 13 I went to my first proper gig (Bananarama when I was ten doesn't count, ok???!!!) It was an Iron Maiden show and I was soooooooooo looking forward to going with a couple of friends. Then - bombshell - my Dad insisted on accompanying us coz he was convinced Hell's Angels would eat us or summat!!! Arrrrrrrrrgh!

And it gets worse...

I didn't know til after the gig that my pals had arranged to meet the band after the show....and guess who tagged along...Arrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

It ended up with my dad talking to Dave Murray (smiley guitarist bloke who sort reminds of Kenny...or vice versa...) about Beethoven and antiques....even more Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!

And even worse...

I had bought a copy of Bruce Dickinson's (vocalist/foghorn) extremely lecherous and pervy novel "The Adventures of Lord Iffy Boatrace" (don't ask :D ) and I asked him to sign it. There, in front of my pals and my Dad, he said "Are you sure you are old enough to read this?"

I just wanted the ground to swallow me :P

And as for the photos....do NOT go there, people...it's not pretty :o

Thankfully embarrassing parents are a thing of the past for me...but you young'uns be careful. Mum/Dad/older bro/sis may be the true embarrassment - so keep 'em on a tight leash :(

"I hate yoooooooooooooo...you're soooooooooooooo bloody embarrassing!"

Hmm lets see; I was too drunk and annoyed at security to be too nervous when I met Dave Grohl, kinda embarrassed by the fact that I kept on saying f***ing all the time, but it was f'n in a good way.

Um, I have been drunk and embarrassed in front of Adam Busch (but not as drunk as my friend was who fell on Danny Strong), grabbed his drummers butt (but I did ask first). Actually the guy who played Penn in Angel that was probably the one I was most nervous of as I spotted him early on at the thing we were at, and I was trying to track him down for most of the night (in a none stalkery way) and while I was talking to him someone pushed me and my nose went in his ear I was kinda embarrassed by that.

I think I was more nervous meeting Cave In and a band called Damn Personals than I have been about really well known stars, but I am pretty nervous about C4, that I will admit, someone might need to slap me before I meet certain people.

When I met Matthew Perry I was slightly nervous and ended up grinning like a maniac. :lol: (it is one of the few photo's where I am smiling).

He was sooo nice though that my nerves disappeared quickly.

I still can't believe that Dom, Elijah and Sean are coming to Milton Keynes so I am kinda nervous about C4 :lol:

It'll be alright on the night though :lol:

A later tale of humiliation...self-inflicted I must confess...Reading 96...the year The Roses died *sniff*

It started badly when smashed out of my skull I went up to Lauren Laverne (sort of TV presenter, professional blagger and then front-grrrrrl of Kenickie) and said "Hi...you look rough..." She said "Oh....and I bet that's how you woo all the ladies, is it?" We had a lil "hair of the dog" and I still got my pal to take a pic of us with stinking hangovers...

Then we met Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream...who was completely on another planet...we sort of had a very drunken/monged conversation and he was just like a cardboard cut-out - 2-D man!!! Weird :lol:

Then the Stone Roses (or Ian Brown, Mani, and some hired others) killed the legend well and truly. More to the point Ian's unbelievable vocal...ahem..."performance" did. Anyone who was there will remember it as a truly painful night...unless you have undergone hypnosis and counselling...

I saw Mani afterwards and asked him how he felt. "Cold." was the response, and a sigh.

Then Ian Brown wanders in doing his characteristic monkey walk...shades still on...mega spliff onboard...and says to me..."That was buzzin...top...loved it, man."

I was speechless. And that doesn't happen often! I looked at him and then looked at the ground and just sort of said, "Erm..."

Thankfully the band manager came along and whisked him off...

I was still in shock what I had seen. I think I was traumatised!

If anyone wants to know why I'll send you a couple of MP3 clips of the gig!

Be afraid...very afraid...

I was very nervous when i met James Marsters last year but i have gotten better when meeting celebs over this last year as i have met so many.

Parents and big sister's can be the most embarrissing people around.

An important point to remember is this...

People in the public eye are basically the same as us. In fact, some may feel as shy about meeting you as you are about meeting them. Although as trained actors they have a bit of an advantage in hiding it!

The way I look at is this. Remember you first day at a new school or in a new job. Most are nervous as hell beforehand, but once you are there it sort of falls into place and everything is fine.

Just try to be natural and friendly. Always be polite too. Obviously some people may get a little hyper or emotional, but don't worry. Just try to relax as much as you can.

And remember Mr Myagi's advice from Karate Kid...

"Don't forget to breathe, Daniel-san!" :lol:

"Don't forget to breathe, Daniel-san!" ;)

Of course an alternative policy is do forget to breathe, pass out, and hope the guest of your choice knows mouth-to-mouth resusicitation techniques.

:lol:

WARNING

Be careful who you try this with

:firedevil::firedevil:

"Don't forget to breathe, Daniel-san!"  ;)

Of course an alternative policy is do forget to breathe, pass out, and hope the guest of your choice knows mouth-to-mouth resusicitation techniques.

:lol:

WARNING

Be careful who you try this with

:firedevil::firedevil:

hmmm...Interesting...I think i'll save making a fool of myself infront of stars from my fav film of all time untill I can find something even more embarassing!...Think of anything? Me either lol