*~The C7 costume thread~*

Lady of The Realm

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like everyone is going to do such great cossies. Willy Wonka handing out lollies is a great idea (can I have one even when I'm dressed as a serious Jason Isaacs with 80's rock god hair!).

I'm nearly complete on my Lucius Malfoy. Have to build the cane yet. I'm also going to have to redo my snake brooches as they came out far too shiny, therefore look plastic (Malfoy is ment to be rich).

Okay costume updates....here goes....

Secret costume: Getting there, very very close to being completed....yayness!!

Lestat de Lioncourt (QotD version): I got my pants for it the other day, already have boots, just need to get a shirt and make my waist coat. Waist coat thankfully I already have some material I can use. This costume won't be great but its just to go with Gordy's Akasha

Dark Phoenix: Gloves, boots and Phoenix (for the front) are completed. Need more money to get more material for suit. Whipping out a pattern for this and getting mum to help me as I dont have enough time to do it on my own. Will whip it all together and it'll be sorted.

Harry Potter: Got a white shirt, obviously cause I wasn't at high school that long ago. Jumper and pants I'm hoping to be borrowing from a friend....hopefully must ask him about it again. Tie I'm just gonna get a cheap nasty one for this event and get a better one for next time. Robe I'm making during Easter I hope cause Kate's coming and helping me I believe. Also Harry Potter with be in black converse as I don't actually have any other shoes to wear. And wand I'm hoping to get at C7

Anyone know where I can get white leggings?

have you tried M&S? or a sports shop maybe? even costume stores might be good if you don't mind shiny dancing leotard leggings...

No, the shiny ones are no good. I've tried everywhere!

ummm.... what about e-bay? tried there yet? :lol:

Okay costume updates....here goes....

Secret costume: Getting there, very very close to being completed....yayness!!

Lestat de Lioncourt (QotD version): I got my pants for it the other day, already have boots, just need to get a shirt and make my waist coat. Waist coat thankfully I already have some material I can use. This costume won't be great but its just to go with Gordy's Akasha

Dark Phoenix: Gloves, boots and Phoenix (for the front) are completed. Need more money to get more material for suit. Whipping out a pattern for this and getting mum to help me as I dont have enough time to do it on my own. Will whip it all together and it'll be sorted.

Harry Potter: Got a white shirt, obviously cause I wasn't at high school that long ago. Jumper and pants I'm hoping to be borrowing from a friend....hopefully must ask him about it again. Tie I'm just gonna get a cheap nasty one for this event and get a better one for next time. Robe I'm making during Easter I hope cause Kate's coming and helping me I believe. Also Harry Potter with be in black converse as I don't actually have any other shoes to wear. And wand I'm hoping to get at C7

Re, wand. I think theres a shop online mentioned in the Harry Potter section that dose wands. There is also Battle orders thats advertised in Empire mag and SFX. At least you can buy yours, I'm having to make mine ;)

Mwahahahaha thats a point. and mine will be in a box too with velvet and stuff. ah I'm getting it from the showmasters run stall in the market outside the centre mk

Lucky you. Mine will proberly travel in a bin liner!!!

Maybe if I contacted Jason and asked him nicely to borrow the film prop.

*panicks slightly*

Well I've got between now and the end of April to contend with a life that gets busier by the second and get Ace finished.

Saying that, Iv'e got my wig and sunglasses (still need some cigars though) and wait for my boots to turn up and once I've put the zip in my trousers will be finished, but that bloody jacket!!!!! *screams*

I've got to replace the collar, put the waist band on, shroten the left sleeve, put the shoulder pads in, edge stitch the lapells and put all the buttons on....

But it's a labour of love! :P

Roll on April! :P

Edited by Rickman101

I'm catching up now too!

All I need to get is some metal for my armbands, and the holster and blaster set! Then as soon as my skirt and gloves are done, so am I! :lol:

Ooh! Need to finish glitterizing my rocky horror shorts too! :o

Edit: I've also made Vyvyan's jacket from the young ones! But that's not for a costume!!! :lol:

Edited by Lady of The Realm

Rickman101- what day are you doing Ace?? I have to see it!!

Nearly finished my Rogue and Magenta and basics of Hermione- yay! For once I'm actually getting things done and not leaving them till a week before the con*g*

Rickman101- what day are you doing Ace?? I have to see it!!

Nearly finished my Rogue and Magenta and basics of Hermione- yay! For once I'm actually getting things done and not leaving them till a week before the con*g*

On the Saturday with any luck!