*~The C7 costume thread~*

Lady of The Realm

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rickman101- what day are you doing Ace?? I have to see it!!

Nearly finished my Rogue and Magenta and basics of Hermione- yay! For once I'm actually getting things done and not leaving them till a week before the con*g*

On the Saturday with any luck!

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I had to redo my fur trimmed cloak as the fur refused to lie how its supposed to.

my scaramouche cossie top half is *almost finished*

i have to do 1 half of arm things attach them with fishnets and cut it up and then i can work on either making my red skirt i made look more like hte proper one or i will just use my black skirt coz i've done like 12 hours work on just the top half.....im lazy people!!!

I cannot *wait* to see all these cstumes, especially the Ace Rimmer and Rocky Horror ones! :lol: Who's wearing them to the party? I'm crewing again (hopefully) so I'll only be able to wear mine to the party. Bt it'll be a lot of fun for one night only!

C6's party was a nightmare - I went as Alex Delarge (Clockwork Orange) and my codpiece kept on migrating ;)

Okay Harry Potter is now almost finished. I just need to sort out pants, and shirt and make my robe which I think Legolassie may be helping me with next weekend *huggles Emma and Jack*

Dark Phoenix is currently on a stand still, I might just wear my Harry Potter for like two days if I can't be bothered to finish it. Friday: Harry Potter, Saturday: Secret, Sunday: Lestat, Monday: Harry Potter. Or just not do a costume on Friday and just stay in my civvies all day which would work too

Secret costume is also on a stand still as I' having problems getting my main suit part of it.

Lestat just needs to waist coat making which shouldn't take too long I don't think!

Hey guys I'm thinking about bringing Éowyn back for one last convention when I still have long hair. Not long after Star Wars Epi III premieres in England I will be going to get my hair cut short for the summer as it drives me nuts. By short I mean like Alan Tracy short....if I don't like it though I will be growing my hair back.

Is anyone going in LotR costumes as I would love to get pics with those people. I'll probably be wearing it the Friday of C7!!

Hey Naurarwen *Waves*. I will be wearing my Lucius on Sat. As yet I don't know if thats during the day or at nite. I'm putting more work into it than I originally thought so I would like to wear it as much as poss.

I will be wearing my LOTR cossie on Sun. It will be my Haldir as I don't have the funds to fix my Leggy.

YOUR CUTTING YOUR HAIR!!!!!! ARE YOU MAD!!!!!

Hey guys I'm thinking about bringing Éowyn back for one last convention when I still have long hair. Not long after Star Wars Epi III premieres in England I will be going to get my hair cut short for the summer as it drives me nuts. By short I mean like Alan Tracy short....if I don't like it though I will be growing my hair back.

Is anyone going in LotR costumes as I would love to get pics with those people. I'll probably be wearing it the Friday of C7!!

:D NOOOOOOOO! Don't cut your hair! you mustn't!

NOO GUYS DON'T DO THIS!! SAME THING HAPPENED LAST YEAR AND I PASSED OUT LIKE 4 TIMES FROM HEAT EXHAUSTION CAUSE I HAVE SO MUCH HAIR!!

Sorry to shout that but I really want to get it cut, nevermind want....need to get it cut. It's too long....to think.....to hot. If I don't like it I'll grow it out

I have a question, Moony? What are you basing your Bellatrix costume on? I read Bellatrix section when I relieased my friend was doing it and I noticed that the description is very vauge. Mind you, so was Lucius. Without the moive version I wouldn't have a clue where to begin. In fact I might not of done it. I'm doing Movie Lucius as I'm a fan of Jason's and I have the correct hair for it.

To be honest I am kinda making it up because as you say there wasn't much of a description :lol:

One the bright side as there isn't much of one I can be creative with the look ... I think

I have so far a long black goth looking dress working on the boots I think boots would go better with the look I want. I am aiming for more chunky looking footwear rather than something thin for two reasons 1. I can't wear thin strappy stuff and 2. some reason I can't imagine thin footwear on her

As for make up etc working on that at the weekend as I have someone that works for MAC visiting ie she is a make up artist so will get her to help :D

Going as Lorne is just ace, I would defo go with that Idea as you would stand out from the crowd...

I was going to go as Illyria out of Angel as I thought that would be really cool, but I'm having some issues getting the costume made up!!!

Still either way I will be going in facy dress, I did last time so I will be this time too.

hehe dont get me started on the bottom of my cossie...i made a red skirt but it looks like a pile of rubbish...so im just gonna use my rather fetching black leatherette skirt from george at asda to finish...but i need to get hold of red boots :S

i have fakeverses but they dont look right...i think ill have a nosey in camden tomorrow!!

• 2 weeks later...

Squee, ordered my Wonka hat today. It'll take about 10 days to arrive, so I'm waiting in salivating anticipation for it! Still got to make the waistcoat too, but it shouldn't be *too* hard... *isn't looking forward to machine sewing satin!*

My costume has gone well and truely out of the window... I made a bit of a booboo with the measurements for some parts of it, and ran out of material now....

So it's a choice... Red Riding Hood or Snow White....