• Freddy Krueger
    • Pinhead
    • The Candyman
    • The Wishmaster
    • Leatherface
    • The Creeper
    • Other (Post below)

• 2 weeks later...
I think it should be turned into Horror icon not monster, since when was Micheal a moster :unsure:

i think daveys a monster,

pffffft :D

oooh, i saw it the other day...

i don't like that clown, so can i vote for him?

dude, he was freak-er-riffic

• 4 weeks later...

I voted Freddy. Because he's virtually invincible and has such imaginative ways of killing his victims. Not to mention, what a great way to kill someone - through their dreams.

i cast a vote in favour of another of John Carpenter's cinematic monstrousities... "The Thing"

Still not able to look at a husky to this day without expecting its head to peel open...

thank you!!!

I'm surprised it wasn't on the list!!! The Thing is a classic!! Probably my fave horror! My first too when i was only 10!! Scared the bejesus outta me but I love it.

Even now when I watch anyone having CPR and those difribrilators(?) I expect their chest to open up chomp off the doc's arms!!! Don't get that on Holby City!!!! :P

I love the head that turns into a spider too...eeeooorrrrrgggghhh!!!! :D

Edited by fell beast

Just thought i'd mention that Jason Voorhees won a best horror monster tournament over at MTV.com, was a while back I heard about it, but thought i'd post the great news here, for anyone that didn't already know, he beat Freddy Krueger in the final, good to see some people really do appreciate a true horror great, and not his weaker counterpart, Michelle Myers!!!

In Freddy vs. Jason I think they both kind of won coz Freddy did lose his body but there's nothin to say that he won't heal himself agen coz he's done that before. In the Dream Master when Alice ripprd out his heart he managed to heal himself! and I think there has been ova times when he has healed himself!! He's a clever guy!!!

i voted for freddy B) he's the first to scare the life out of me, so i'd have to go with him. but michael myers is a close second,then candyman.. that voice just freaks me out :(B) sadako in "the ring" (japenese version) i had nightmares for weeks after that :lol:

Edited by vampwillow

• 3 weeks later...

It has to be Freddy for me; he in my opinion is one of the scariest horror creations ever to make it to the big screen.

Not only are his melted skin and razor blade hands enough to scare the living daylights out of anyone, but the pure fact that he can get to you in your sleep…. I know I had insomnia for some time after watching the first Elm Street film.

Each of them is scary… but only Freddy can get you both in your sleep and in the real world…

Besides I kind of fancied pin head when I first saw hellrazor… maybe I should get medical help for that!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would go with pinhead, just forget him in 5/6/ and

Hellraiser: Prophecy

just wonder what the remake of the first hellraiser will bring.

I dont think anyone ould top or cme close to the first TCM so to see remake was very sad, were did that gun come from, just hope hellraiser is worth the time of remaking ie hope it not suck and do even more damage like 5/6 and rest of hellraisers have done.

first time out for Alexandre Bustillo, Julien Maury, so not look good.

but I am always very open to the idea a remake can be worthwhile and worth seeing, anyone here counting down the days i wonder.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine has got be Regan out of the exorcist- the scariest scene i think is when the young priest and mother are at the bottom of the stairs and all you can hear are the noises coming from her bedroom and your just thinking to yourself, there is no way in hell you'd catch me going into that room. lol!

My second favourite is the very very creepy southern bloke in the poltergeist.