ShowMasters in "NO LOTR GUESTS" shocker

dufresne

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope there are lotr guests to be announced because the peeps im going with arn't fans of alien, and they need lotr,

hang on so do i!

bring LOTR and maybe one more aliens

(7 stargate guests, 8 aliens guests not really a reunion of alien is it (not complaining great line up))

But wouldn't it be nice to have something different at LFACC2 than at Collectormania.

I love the Rings films but even I like variety. The Rings Trilogy will lose alot of it's mystique in 2005 as there is no new film. Showmasters are obviously setting the future events around shows/films relevant at that time. SG1 is coming to an end and Atlantis is starting.

You can only have so many times that a LOTR cats member does a show.

SM PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE :D

In my opinion while there is a need for LOTR guests, event like this will cater for them.

As far as Ive seen, LOTR is the most requested type guests currently.

Im keeping my fingers crossed :firedevil:

SM PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE :D

In my opinion while there is a need for LOTR guests, event like this will cater for them.

As far as Ive seen, LOTR is the most requested type guests currently.

Im keeping my fingers crossed :firedevil:

Maybe on here Frosty, but I know of lots of people who would love something different. However, if the guest was a bigger name or one who had never been to a Showmasters event then no problem. But bringing the same guests back can go stale quickly.

I'd bet the farm on there being a couple of LOTR guests being announced in the days leading up to it. SMs wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot and leave out such a profitable market.

Besides, it's a strong line-up regardless of LOTR peeps! Be grateful you're getting the likes of Weathers, Judge, Ironside and Perlman!

• Moderators

Demand does seem a lot for LOTR guests on the forum at least .. but think about how many people don't belong to this forum, and it would probably seem a lot different.

Obviously the LOTR "craze" period has passed (in my opinion anyway) and so the amount of guests that have attended recently probably won't be happening again. A lot of high quality ones have come, so it's becoming increasingly difficult to get NEW top LOTR guests I'd imagine? Not that they're not willing, I'm sure they are, as proved with Karl and Miranda .. but if they are top quality, then the risk of (1) cancellation and (2) them not being available in the first place is a LOT higher.

I do think the problem with SOME fans (and this isn't meant to be offensive) is that they ONLY want a certain "fandom" such as LOTR .. and if there isn't a LOTR guest then they won't attend an event. Showmasters have to cater for MANY fandoms, and a LOT of us are *general* fans of movies/tv shows, sci-fi fantasy horror etc ... so we meet a lot of DIFFERENT guests, and there's always a reason for us to attend! I'm SURE that people who like LOTR must like something else tho? Cuz as good as LOTR is ... life would be pretty dull if it were the only thing u enjoyed!!

Demand is there no doubt, and SMs must know that or they wudn't have signed up guests in the past! So I can only assume the reasons for no LOTR guests at LFACC are that they are not available, and that they want LFACC to be a different experience from Collectormania to perhaps attract a different/additional crowd? I can't speak for them obviously, I guess that's just how I see it.

Obviously the LOTR "craze" period has passed (in my opinion anyway) and so the amount of guests that have attended recently probably won't be happening again.

I take it you didn't see Billy Boyd's queue at Collectormania in the wee morning? :unsure:

Considering he was at Comic Con only in March that was really impressive!

I think the ones moaning only for LOTR guests are still the minority here. I love LOTR, but I am a Stargate fan too, like Star Trek and many other shows and movies. So the line up Comic Con has is awesome in my eyes.

However, just one LOTR guest to "complete the picture" would be nice. But yeah, I'd rather have nothing than seeing the same faces over and over again.

Something like C4 will never happen again - and I am not really sure if I'd want that to happen again :lol: . But in my opinion LOTR belongs to the films that will always have a following. So just the one odd guest at each event just belongs there.