The Party ?!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect the guests stayed downstairs when they realised how packed it was upstairs. No-one wants a mob scene and it was a bit too close for any real security IMO. I saw Nick Brendon chatting with a coke in his hand and the Bubba Fett kid was there. After that I was having too much fun to notice. :lol:

i liked the party- mainly because of the band ( they were really good) and i did get to talk to danny srong for a bit outside. bit disapointed at lack of celebs. cars were nice tho!!!

and i got to dance with a v sexy american girlly :lol:

Ah! I had so much fun yesterday! It was the second best day of my life! Lol!

Though it was embarassing when the Co Ro trumpet player came on stage and I yelled "Ooh! That's the guy that winked at me!" and everyone turned round and stared at me and one lady said "you do know that EVERYONE heard that right?" eep! :lol:

I agree - what a complete load of crap! I wish I'd gone to the pub instead, at least I might have got served at the bar a bit quicker! I had a VIP ticket and only saw Test and Sala Baker, Tom Lenk was wandering about upstairs. None of the stewards knew anything about the competition to win the god pass to C7 that was mentioned on the letter that came with the tickets. The A Team van wasn't even there, nor General Lee. I think if there is another party I'll avoid it and watch TV instead - at least that way I'm guaranteed to see a celebrity!

i waited for 30 mins to get these vip tickets, and i wish now that i did not bother.

you didn't have to win rides in the cars, just went asked. and there wasn't anybody regulating this so it was just a free for all. and where was the a-team van/general lee, maybe they had better offers.

even though i had a vip pass, i went in and out a few times and acquired a few extra and gave them to people who didn't get them, although they weren't missing anything.

the vip bar - was just too crowded, and i only managed to get one drink, the buffet? where was it???

the god pass? nobody knew anything about it. if it was a prize for the fancy dress then that sucks as i don't want to dress like a idiot (plastic pink underwear) ???

the limo ride home - never heard anything about it mentioned inside and no crew knew anything about it.

wish i'd given my £16.00 to dirk benedict and got another autograph as at least that will be worth more one day?

Hmm, mingle with the stars?

THE place to be this weekend?

THE Party of the Year?

Ok, so what was the setup. Where would you expect to host THE Party, with Hollywood Stars? In a conference Room at a Hockey stadium, of course! VIP downstairs, plebs upstairs.

By 8.30, one guy from the VIP room came upstairs to find signs of life. the TINY bar there had no staff, all 7 of them were learning their jobs upstairs with us.

Mingle with the stars? Stacy and Test made a 15/20 min appearance downstairs, upstairs then left sharpish. Other stars were Nathaniel, Sala, and Sam. Sam had his family, and they rode the bucking bronco all night.

WHY were those round the dancefloor sitting on the floor at the start?

Someone decided to let the girlies get their 'free' autographs of the Band, (think amateur BareNaked Ladies) so held up the queues out the door. Why pay 15 quid during the day for their autograph, when you can pay 25 and get one of the Buffy crew, plus his lesser mates!

The cars were cool, shame the DB5 had no holes for the guns etc.

Not as many Slave Girl Leieas as I was expecting. Maybe Greggs had run out of Danishes by the time the wannabes thought of it...

one or two of the Elektras look nice though. I'll post as few pics of one and Catwoman later...

And the goody bags? I was yesterday at the party, it was for me the first time that I can join in a convention party, but I wqs disappointed to see that there was only Adam Busch- he was very funny, it's right, but I was the only Star Trek fan here! I was similar to the counsellor Troy of Next Generations (Marina Sirtis), but I was alone here with a "costume" of this series. Ok, perhaps it will be better another time, however I could go aboard on the car of the series "Starsky and Hutch", and I have got a photo of strange costumes of Star Wars - they were very beautiful indeed.

Ok, today it's the last day and I come back to the commercial centrter in order to get a photo of Tolken and another stars of The lord of the Rings.

I met Brent Spiner on friday - it was the first time for me to speak with a star- it was very amazing.

bye

At last the truth will always come out,

No goodie bags

No cars that were promised

Anyone could get the gold ticket as it was not policed

Crap and virtually no food

The list goes on, at least I witnessed it first hand did not just get it from a third party.

What is your excuse SM? How bad have you NOT organised this what was supposed to the best party ever?

Also where were all of the stalls on your web site you say there are 250 to 300 deler stalls where were they?

You could never get that number in there ever, another lie?

I didnt attend the party, But i had my prom at the same venue, the food was anounced, but there was a rush to get it, so the pigs in people took what was other peoples share of the food too, maybe thats what happened last night.

too be honest, I felt completely robbed regarding the party. I was not happy at all. The VIP area was a joke, we missed common rotation because it was not annouced downstairs thatthey were playing.

Whats more, I am not at all slightly bothered about the guests not really being there because I had a chat with matt lewis and phelps twins but

*where was this raffle?

* where was the chance tpo win a queue jump ticket to c7?

* win a chance to ride in the starsky and hutch car?

* the food at the party

* going on until late?

AND

*goody bags

My mum got our 'goody bag' today and it was a free alien poster (the ones you can pick up at the cinema) and a loittle box of smarties.

You are kidding right?

We would have had a better time at the bowling alley where the forum members normally go and we would be £15 better off.

The food in the VIP area seemed to be a few pizzas.. certainly not enough to go round everyone!

The bars, unfortunately, seemed to be a joke... ok, granted, from experience, i know that you cant have overly huge numbers of bar staff working, as they get in each others way, but you can prepare for it and make sure you have plenty of supplies, like vodka, blue wkd and drinks available to top up the bar, should you start to run out! Plus there were only two.. one in the VIP area and one upstairs! that was nowhere near enough! when i finally managed to get served i was kinda forced to get three drinks, as i didnt fancy queueing again for it, and didnt want to run the risk of them running out!!

There were guests there.. Walter was mingling downstairs with a glass of wine and a nice jacket.. (i like walter, very friendly and approachable) as were several others..

As far as i recall, nicholas brendon only stayed for about 5 mins, then disappeared with minders.. dont think he even stepped foot inside!

I think the reason why it was held where it was was cos there were underage people there. You wouldnt be able to book a nightclub on a saturday, or with underages mixed with adults..

The music was crap as well.. not common rotation, im not having a go at them, just that the sound system wasnt the best for the other music! i couldnt hear virtually anything at the bar upstairs, which didnt put me in the party mood!

They needed to find a dedicated place for it, a large venue, like a nightclub, which has a decent speaker system, properly stocked bars, and more atmosphere!

i had a hell of a lot more fun at the Forum bowling meet on the friday night than i did at the party!

yeah me too. It was only good because i was with my mates but I would have been with them any way. I think the one thing i kept saying was 'i wwish the talks were on tonight'

and i was dead excited about the guest annoucements, and there was none. Common Rotation were good but due to being a 'v i p' i missed half their set any way?

What a load of rubbish!!! After 30mins I was out of there and into town having a very nice meal. Never, never again would I fall for this one.

Another thing how did you get VIP tix? There wasn't any notification on the website only the Standard ones so I was surprised when they arrived I saw VIP mentioned in the letter.

For £15 I would have thought a better night. What happened to all the chairs there was what around 20 in all of the place, we were sitting on the floor having troops of people walking all over us or even spilling their drinks on us. Yuk!!! What happened to the Buffet or was that solely for VIPs?

In all I am glad I did not wait for that goody bag if there was one.

Dawn

P.s One good thing about the weekend was talking to Brent Spiner [a personal friend]

Was it an open bar or a cash bar?

Well to be honest for £15, I wouldn't have expected much. Was Billy Boyd there? If I were him I would've of went. If it was a cash bar I'm pretty sure Billy could get all the free drinks he wanted through fans, lol.

Rick Porras was there? At the event I mean?

Cheers!

what a PILE OF SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I THINK WE SHOULD GET OUR MONEY BACK AS WE DIDN'T GET ANYTHING FOR OUR MONEY AT ALL, I ORGANISE EVENTS AS A JOB AND HAVE WORKED WITH DAVE PEARCE AND RADIO 1, I KNOW ITS NOT GOING TO COMPARE BUT HAVEN WOULD OF ORGANISED A BETTER PARTY WITH EASE.

WE DIDN'T GET WHAT WE WAS PROMISED AND ADVERTISED IE: GOODY BAGS AND AND THE ATEAM VAN IF SHOWMASTERS WANT ANYONE TO COME TO THE NEXT C7 PARTY THEY NEED TO COMPENSATE ALL OF US IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

THIS WAS MY FIRST CONVENTION IT WAS FANTASTIC BUT THE PARTY WAS CRAP

VERY ANGRY MAN!