SG Atlantis hasn't aired in UK ! So why are we

dufresne

I have a question for dufresne. Its a really simple one

Do you ever stop what your doing....shut up....and stop bloody complaining.

From what I have seen of you since.....well whenever you joined you have done nothing but complain.

So here's the deal, shut up, s*** back and wait....

Hang on he started this thread so let the boy/man/girl/women speak. The feeling on other threads is to take your moans elsewhere he/she did.

Edited by Noddy

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been pointed out by me and others recently on this forum, there is definitely a place for constructive criticism, and even possibly a damn good moan as long as you can say why you're complaining, and what should've been done instead.

As for this SGA thing, I have no feelings either way towards the show as I'm not a big Stargate fan and have no idea about SGA. But purely from a financial and "getting bums on seats" perspective, I have to question Showmaster's wisdom in getting half a cast from a show that hardly anyone has ever heard of, let alone even seen.

And yes, I know SOME people on here have heard of SGA, but the majority of people who go to LFCC2 (especially peeps who just go out of curiosity and who are newbies) probably won't have.

SGA may well turn out to be the best TV show ever made, but until it airs and people have the opportunity to watch it, very few people will care about meeting the cast.

Back in 1987, how many of even the most serious hardcore Trekkers would have bothered to pay for signatures from a cast led by an unknown Shakesperean actor from a TV show which they hadn't seen?

I suppose when you look at it that way, getting SGA sigs now would be a damn good investment, but times are different now. There's much more sci-fi on TV now, and SGA will only be seen as "just another show".

Sadly, I feel the days of a show like TNG or any other having huge, across the board popularity have long gone.

Respect

Admiral Bear

• Moderators
As for this SGA thing, I have no feelings either way towards the show as I'm not a big Stargate fan and have no idea about SGA. But purely from a financial and "getting bums on seats" perspective, I have to question Showmaster's wisdom in getting half a cast from a show that hardly anyone has ever heard of, let alone even seen.

And yes, I know SOME people on here have heard of SGA, but the majority of people who go to LFCC2 (especially peeps who just go out of curiosity and who are newbies) probably won't have.

SGA may well turn out to be the best TV show ever made, but until it airs and people have the opportunity to watch it, very few people will care about meeting the cast.

I suppose when you look at it that way, getting SGA sigs now would be a damn good investment, but times are different now. There's much more sci-fi on TV now, and SGA will only be seen as "just another show".

Sadly, I feel the days of a show like TNG or any other having huge, across the board popularity have long gone.

Fair enough, SGA in it's current situation is severely lacking in any exposure or fan base because it hasn't been shown here YET. That I agree with, but I do think that by the time LFACC2 comes along, it *should* have started on TV from what I've read, and that will help a bit.

It should, in theory, have all the SG1 fans watching it ... just like, say, any new Star Trek series, I'm sure that fans of TNG watched DS9 out of curiousity, DS9ers watched Voyager, and then they all watched Enterprise. Of course that's not fact, it's just an assumption I'm making - I for one enjoyed Buffy and so I watched Angel to see what it was like. I'm not saying that SG1 fans WILL like SGA but u know ... the fan base already exists as such, so I do think there will be people who want to see the SGA guests.

As for the majority of people probably not hearing of them - TRUE, totally ... I must admit myself that while I've always been a fan of Star Trek, Buffy, Angel etc, I hadn't actually EVER watched an episode of SG1 until this year ... and it's been going for like 7 years or something I believe. I am a sci-fi fan but I'd never bothered with it. I can remember a couple of my friends meeting Sarah Michelle Gellar when Buffy had just started - now they're SO glad that they had the opportunity to meet her considering that they'll probably never get the chance to again in those circumstances.

SGA could take off in the way that Buffy did, no one knows, but it's perhaps a rare opportunity to get these guests TOGETHER that swayed Showmasters into getting them because Stargate is pretty much covered by "specific conventions" as such, and so while there have been guests like Corin Nemec and there was going to be Amanda Tapping, they've only ever been (or would have been) to a Showmasters event ON THEIR OWN as far as I know? (correct me if I'm wrong please) So with LFACC, there is an opportunity to get these guests together for a signing and I'd assume a talk, and this could be the only opportunity before SGA gets popular and the guests get tied up in the "conventions". I realise that there are a lot of people that can't afford "conventions" and even PREFER to go to shows like these were there's a variety rather than anything specific, so I know there will be fans wanting to see the SGA guests at LFACC.

Will they be as popular as the more established guests? Of course not! But I think we always have to remember that getting lesser known guests will NOT stop Showmasters from signing up someone big if they came along - say, if Sala Baker was appearing again, and he was the 30th guest at Collectormania, and then Elijah said OH YEAH I'M FREE! It would not stop Showmasters from signing him up! So I think a little bit of experimenting is good for events to bring variety.

As for your point about huge popularity etc, I have to totally agree with that. If you just look at Enterprise as an example, as you obviously are aware of, the popularity of that in itself compared with older Star Trek series shows the decline of sci-fi popularity as a whole - or at least the saturation of the sci-fi genre in recent years. Obviously the world changes, and what society was like during the original Star Trek era compared to what it is now is an amazing change, but not necessarily something I need to get into or else this could go on forever. As much as bringing out a new sci-fi show in this day and age is a calculated risk, so is Showmasters getting the SGA cast ... sometimes risks have to be taken or else u never learn, I guess that's what this situation is? That's how I see it anyway ... and I'm not arguing, just discussing, hope that's ok.

atlantis has bin on sky for aggggggggges

i personally aint a fan of it, 4 me its more one of them late nite not much else on so i'll watch  it type thing, but kool that we get SGA ppl, i mean, i wonder if they talk the same in real life as they do as the voices of the characters! lol

Atlantis - and here I mean SGA -doesn't start on SKY till October 12 . I don't know what it is you've been watching , but it isn't Stargate Atlantis . :P

yeah i know, see this is y i try not to talk to ppl at 2am, i got confused, ment SG infinity lol *makes mental note not to post past 1am*

As most Stargate fans will have heard about Stargate Atlantis then they will be excited to meet cast members so soon. It took me 3 seasons to meet cast members from Enterprise!!!!

By the time LFACC rolls around 4 episodes should have been should.

Once again, this comes down to personal taste.

Some people will like the guests announced and some wont.

I love watching the Rings and Potter films but am not over excited about guest announcements for those films. The only exception was Andy Serkis. But that does not mean I will bitch and whine.

I say, live and let live. Without some people in the line as they don't like the guests, means I won't be queuing for so long!!!!

Now, off to get some breakfast!!!

Father Coop....

*And yes, people of the cloth do swear and curse!!!! HeHe!! *

Edited by Father Coop

as I said earlier so much has been said on this subject that I bet I end up watching an episode now!!! :unsure:

Same here! :headscratch: I like SG1, so it'll be interesting to see how the new show works out. And like David says, if it takes off the way Buffy did, those who get the casts' autographs now will be glad they did!

I have a question for dufresne. Its a really simple one

Do you ever stop what your doing....shut up....and stop bloody complaining.

From what I have seen of you since.....well whenever you joined you have done nothing but complain.

So here's the deal, shut up, s*** back and wait....

Hang on he started this thread so let the boy/man/girl/women speak. The feeling on other threads is to take your moans elsewhere he/she did.

Thanks mate, HE did !

And as for Ms Fangorn, I will express my opinions on this board until SMs decide otherwise, and I don't need you that's about half my age telling me what I can and can't do ! This is a PUBLIC forum for discussion and debate etc. If I am not happy, I will express my self articulately. SMs have NOT deleted this thread, locked it, or reproached me (look it up) and over 150 responses have been posted to date.

If I have stimulated a debate on here at least, then I have achieved something. Do you really want us all to sit on here smiling at each other and agreeing about how wonderful life, and c6 are ??

And FYI i was very happy with most of the C5 and 6 line-ups ! ;)

I'll be buying a multi photo for the cast of Atlantis but I agree completely with this thread.

BRING ON THE MARIES!!!!

Basil

:headscratch: Should that have read "marines", or am I missing something? :P If not, it conjures up a great image! :huh:

That'll teach me to read before I post. LOL

Basil

If you were doing a reunion of guests from a certain show say ALIENS and then you were able to get almost or all of the guests from another show even though you wernt doing a reunion on that show, say for exampe STARGATE ATLANTIS..should you not get guests from STARGATE ALTALNTIS becuase your not do a reunion on that show.

I say yes you should....they may not get another opportunity to get all the guest together again so why miss an opportunity like this, the event isnt till November stop this complaining all of you. Thats 1 and half months to get some more Aliens guests so be patient. This is SMS we are talking about they have preformed so called miricals before they may do it again just wait

The world does not revolve around one single person so do't think it is now

Live Long And Prosper :P

i agree! also by the time Lfacc2 comes around, atlantis will have aired coz it starts on the 12th of october so we may not have seen it all but we will have seen some of it!!!!