Guest announcement - TORI HIGGINSON

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin
Well yes, technically it was an agent that approached them. Are you saying they acted against your wishes?

At the moment I'm not saying anything, other than we have never contacted the actors, nor have we instigated anyone else contacting them.

Mark

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If an agent goes and asks a guest if they would be willing to attend another event and the guest says maybe, then the agent goes and asks the event organisers if they want them, that too me would mean the organisers had nothing to do with trying to get the guest in the first place and that it was the agent acting by themself and trying to get guests they knew SM might be tempted by and if this is the case then the fault rests with just one person and that is the agent, not SM.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

If an agent goes and asks a guest if they would be willing to attend another event and the guest says maybe, then the agent goes and asks the event organisers if they want them, that too me would mean the organisers had nothing to do with trying to get the guests but more the agent being sneaky and trying to draw them away and if that is the case then the fault rests with just one person and that is the agent, not SM.

So Showmasters should accept the offer cos they don't care about the fans who've bought tickets to see Chris at the other event, they're just looking out for themselves.

If anything SM should decline the offer as the other show has had them announced for months, I was just saying that if what I said is true then SM didnt go out on purpose to 'poach' guests from the other event which is what alot of people have been saying and it was all down to the agent and if anyone should be blamed it should be them.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

Anyway....onto nicer things.....does anyone know if there are any Atlantis posters or anything on sale yet?  I know there are crew photo's and such, but I've not seen any posters yet.  I don't knwo if anyone will be selling any at the events.

I have been looking for a cast print to get signed as an 8x10 cast photo is nice but its a little small to collect 5 signatures on and an A2 size print would be alot better but I dont think any have been created yet but I will keep an eye out at C6, maybe someone there will have something.

Go on Creationnet , where they are selling 10x15 photos from SGA - 8x10s also :P:D

Had a look on their site but couldnt find anything but 8x10 Atlantis photos, were did you find the 10x15 ones?

Just a hello again to say thanks to everyone, especially Mark and Jason, for their humbling compliments. And to say a thank you to those who thought to 'defend' us 'little guys' for what they thought was a poor act. Please don't be angry with Rowan or those who have been 'on the case' because we actually did find out after the fact, mostly due to me not being in when the call came in. Jason himself got hold of me later and we finalised everything there and then, so Rowan was quite correct. We did have a message saying Torri was not doing another event, but we responded as soon as we got all the facts, so that was the delay. Again, hugs all round and thanks to everyone for their well wishes! :(

As for the 'other guests' - I honestly still think, anyone who gets a chance, at ANY upcoming event, should ask the talent themselves. You might be surprised at the reply! :D

All the best to you all.

Kez

L3

Rowan. Showmasters said they didn't poach Torri or break any contractual obligations and they have been proven right. (and personally I think you owe them an apology seen as you are so big on what is 'right' because you have been very forceful on here lately). They have now said they didn't approach Michael, Don or Chris or instruct anyone to on their behalf. We have this little thing in our country called innocent until proven guilty - you may have heard of it? Showmasters have said they will reveal what has been happening when they are in a position to. All we have at the moment is one con organisers word against another.

You have jumped to the wrong conclusion by acting too hastily once already in the last couple of days. Maybe you should save your self further embarassement (and our ears) but not doing so again so quickly!

Just a hello again to say thanks to everyone, especially Mark and Jason, for their humbling compliments. And to say a thank you to those who thought to 'defend' us 'little guys' for what they thought was a poor act. Please don't be angry with Rowan or those who have been 'on the case' because we actually did find out after the fact, mostly due to me not being in when the call came in. Jason himself got hold of me later and we finalised everything there and then, so Rowan was quite correct. We did have a message saying Torri was not doing another event, but we responded as soon as we got all the facts, so that was the delay. Again, hugs all round and thanks to everyone for their well wishes! :(

As for the 'other guests' - I honestly still think, anyone who gets a chance, at ANY upcoming event, should ask the talent themselves. You might be surprised at the reply! :D

All the best to you all.

Kez

L3

I'm sorry but whilst you may think Rowan was admirable in defending you all she really has done is stir up a lot of rumours and call into question Showmasters professionalism and ethics. Whilst their heart may have been in the right place I don't think we (collective) should encourage this sort of behaviour - I mean look at this thread and see how out of control it has become. I definitely think an apology is in order.

This all seems to be becoming a complete joke, whether it is considered professional or not, why don't Showmasters come clean and tell us fans what has and is going on?

That would then be a sign of an organiser with the fans best interests in mind. To have even considered taking an actor on to there guest list when they had already been announced for another event does not to me seem to be a the actions of some one with the fans in mind only some one who is interested in hurting the other event, or am i wrong? If I am I apologise, but i do not think that i am.

Sometimes it should not be down to money, but professionalism and can not see this christopher judge and showmasters scenario panning out to be good for them.

Can you?

By the way i am sure the question will arise about this being my first posting as it has done for others on here, but i have attended previous showmasters events and now feel the time is right to come in and take part in discussions, it is great that everyone thinks that showmasters is whiter than white and that there events are the greatest and so on, but this does seem to be tainting them in a way that is totally distasteful, but we will see and i will be keeping a closer eye on things from now on and taking a more active part in the forums.