Guest announcement - TORI HIGGINSON

showmasters

I know some people have a problem with Torri being announced for LFCC2 but surely you were not going to the other event just to meet her. If you were not then what difference does it make that she will also be at LFCC2, or has she cancelled appearing at the other event to be at LFCC2, if she has then I can completely understand and would be very annoyed also but I am sure she will be back over here sometime so always another chance to meet her.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that Showmasters seem to be on a campaign to poach guest off other organisers. They could book them for later shows. They could go for other guests for this one. Instead they are choosing to go into direct competition.

What sense does it make to try and book a SG1 guest for the same weekend as a major SG con which he's already agreed to appear at? If Showmasters want Stargate fans to come, it would make a lot more sense to book another time. You can only conclude that they are trying to damage the other con, not do something for Stargate fans. I hope Chris is able to see they are trying to use him.

As for Torri: yes the other event is two weeks after. But it is possible that some people who want to see Torri will decide they can only afford one of the two shows, and maybe that will damage the other show's ticket sales. It can also be construed as an attack on another organiser, and especially underhand since that organiser has been freindly to Showmasters.

I am very confused. :D

could SOME ONE please add me to their MSN and explain WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON! :huh:

sorry this is completely off topic but so should the rest of you be!!!

this is a thread about SM getting this guest, NOT an oppurtunity for slagging off and complaining peeps!!!!! :P

I know SM rules prohibit mentioning another shows and fair enough but this thread makes no sense if you don't know who "the other show" is or what all this fuss is about!!!! :o:D

if this "other show" want to advertise this here announced guest as being first UK appearence blah blah blah then they should say in the contract not to do other appearences! :P

surfy sah xx :huh:

I have never been to a proper convention so dont know what its like but I dont see what effect a guest appearing at two different events will have on your desicion to attend a proper convention compared to a signing event. If you are already planning on going to an event which has Torri already attending and then find out she is announced somewhere else, what difference will this make, you wont decide to go to the other event just because she is there, you will still go to the event you originally planned to. I can only see a problem arising if the guest cancelled one event for another and then its completely understandable being peeded off but from what I have read this hasent happened.

I am very confused. :D

could SOME ONE please add me to their MSN and explain WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON! :huh:

sorry this is completely off topic but so should the rest of you be!!!

this is a thread about SM getting this guest, NOT an oppurtunity for slagging off and complaining peeps!!!!! :P

I know SM rules prohibit mentioning another shows and fair enough but this thread makes no sense if you don't know who "the other show" is or what all this fuss is about!!!! :o:D

if this "other show" want to advertise this here announced guest as being first UK appearence blah blah blah then they should say in the contract not to do other appearences! :P

surfy sah xx :huh:

I would contact you but it would take all year and we would both die of thirst, hunger, bordem and the word poached*g*

I don't see the proof of that but then I am missing lots of info here!

all I ask is an email to my yahoo account so I can look at this other show and say a fair opinion on here knowing ALL the facts.

at the mo I agree with the Col. - you lot going to this SG con are already meeting what I can assume is ALOT of SG guests we don't even know which con this is so think oursevles very fortunate to be meeting the cast of SGA - AT ALL!!!!! :P

like I said, the other con should have made it exclusive in her contract, also SM seem to be getting ALL of SGA so it makes sense to get Tori if they can - she could have said no ya know!!!!

surfy sah xx :D

I found the website for the other event and it says it is her first UK convention and in away I think that is true. I dont know about other people but a convention to me is about one film/show and nothing else where everything revolves around that film/show so if you use that definition of convention then the other event is Torri's first UK convention as LFCC is just somewhere you can meet guests from many different films/shows and get an autograph, I am sure the experience at a proper convention is totally different.

Well actually that's not true, we were informed that Torri was not going to anything else before the relevant con. Some of us paid good money to see her and the guest at the other cons.

The convention concerned were not aware of Torri going to Wembley, so surely they could at least have been informed beforehand. Also, use your maths, a day at Wembley is likely to be very expensive, sometimes more than the whole weekend at the convention.

But the point is, why place it on the same date as another con and then try and get guests from that con... poaching by any name.. :P

I found the website for the other event and it says it is her first UK convention and in away I think that is true. I dont know about other people but a convention to me is about one film/show and nothing else where everything revolves around that film/show so if you use that definition of convention then the other event is Torri's first UK convention as LFCC is just somewhere you can meet guests from many different films/shows and get an autograph, I am sure the experience at a proper convention is totally different.

I actually agree with you. Hopefully this won't effect the other event. But that's no thanks to Showmasters if it doesn't.

...and what ever happened to the fans? Did we suddenly disappear? Its rude, underhand and I know many people are upset and angry with the goings on. Yes it means more people can see them...but the organisers knew certain guests would be attending certain cons...well it stinks...

Thank You.

I plan to get there EARLY. I am coming from Mitcham so what time do you reckon I should arrive. I think 8am should do it???

What time is everybody else getting there.

I am a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE ALIENS AND STARGATE FAN so I reaaaallllllllllllllly want to see the cast and the producers of the show as well as the cool alien guests.

:lol:

Edited by BluebizzieB

I dont think there is anything anyone can say which will make you happy about stargate guests being at LFCC2 and for all I know SM are getting stargate guests on purpose to try and out shine the over event but there is nothing any of us can do about this, in the end its the desicion of the guest as to where they go and it just turns out that Joe, Rainbow, Torri and David would rather attend LFCC2 instead of the Stargate convention, if anything shouldnt they be the ones to blame rather than SM for doing their job which is to bring guests to their events?

Thanks

Do they have virtual queing for this event as well. I know it is a dumb question but I have not been to LLFC before and this is my first event...well 2nd if you count CM6.......

I want to see everybody so you are saying the Atlantis people wont be busy....you say that now and when i turn up I will que for 3 hours to see them. It took me 2 hours to see The Tribe two years ago because the que was massive. I took a day off from work and arrived early afternoon. Stood in the same spot for a VERY long time.

As you can see from my posts and I AM THE BIGGEST SG1 & ALIENS FAN in the UK. You cant imagine how many hours of sci-fi I watch and most of it is Stargate.

Edited by BluebizzieB

If there is going to be an Aliens Reunion it will be MASSIVE but not as big a CM6.

I am just worried that if I arrive early and get a ticket which says....somthing like.....132...i might have to wait all day.

I am a big fan of SG1 and Aliens more so on SG1 so would anybody allow me a front row ticket as I am THE BIGGEST FAN in the UK. If i lived next door to the event i would get up at 4am and camp outside.

I will be coming from Mitcham via the Underground so i hope I will get there early. Is it busy on the trains at 7am???

Edited by BluebizzieB

If there is going to be an Aliens Reunion it will be MASSIVE but not as big a CM6.

I am just worried that if I arrive early and get a ticket which says....somthing like.....132...i might have to wait all day.

I am a big fan of SG1 and Aliens more so on SG1 so would anybody allow me a front row ticket as I am THE BIGGEST FAN. If i lived next door to the event i would get up at 4am and camp outside.

Hate to tell you, but they don't have 'front rows', it's not that kind of event. You want the rival event for that! :lol:

I know...i was just joking.....

I am coming from a long way then staying with my Brother over the weekend, my Brother has just agreed to allow me to stay with him in November which is cool.

I just want to see the guests so badly, it just annoys me about people who get many signatures and chats for a long time and there is a huge que and a group of people wanting pictures taken. Also people who just push in the que who just turn up and get to see the guests.

I am almost at the point of crying with joy about seeing these people.

*starts crying and faints*

Edited by BluebizzieB

Huh??????

WTF is going on here then????????

Why are people moaning because one guest, I presume this one is going to a different event???? I don't get what the problem is, you get to meet them twice.

Oh for crying out loud confusion is over taking me again, can you get tablets to cure confusion???