Guest announcement - TORI HIGGINSON

showmasters

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No there is another guest they are trying to tempt away from a con the same weekend....which sucks...its not torri

Well s*** happens mate!!!!!!!!!

Anyways I do believe its called business competiton!!!!!!

Yes well if you were the one on the end of it, I don't think you'd be too happy either? No I know worse things can happen, and its only business...but you don't seem to care if people get shafted and this entire business is underhand and nasty.

Besides, have some consideration for other people :lol:

• Moderators

Competition is natural in any business anyway, and if proper contracts aren't sorted then businesses leave themselves open to problems! Surely it'd be PROPER business sense to get guests to sign a binding contract! No organiser should leave themselves open!

No there is another guest they are trying to tempt away from a con the same weekend....which sucks...its not torri

Well s*** happens mate!!!!!!!!!

Anyways I do believe its called business competiton!!!!!!

Yes well if you were the one on the end of it, I don't think you'd be too happy either? No I know worse things can happen, and its only business...but you don't seem to care if people get shafted and this entire business is underhand and nasty.

Besides, have some consideration for other people :lol:

You wouldn't happen to be an event organiser would yu?

And it doesnt matter if organisers have a contract with the guest or not.

It is totally underhand for another organiser to offer a guest a fee to go to another event, when they know very well that the guest has a commiment with another organiser, even if this commiment is by contract or by their word...

actually no, just someone who wants to know why all this is going on. Its just underhanded and downright mean. I may be naive, but just cherrypicking guests like this sucks.

Someone who paid good money to go to a con whose guests are now being poached.

I'm sorry but I don't get what all the fuss is about, of what concern is it to you, its not like its your business, you get to meet this person twice thats all.

At the end of the day there is going to be competition, its just the rule of business, and sometimes s*** like this happens, as I said unless your the actual event organiser, I don;'t get what your prob is.

Or maybe you are the event organiser and your just hiding it.

Heheheheheheh call me paranoid LOL

actually no, just someone who wants to know why all this is going on. Its just underhanded and downright mean. I may be naive, but just cherrypicking guests like this sucks.

I'm sorry but I don't get what all the fuss is about, of what concern is it to you, its not like its your business, you get to meet this person twice thats all.

At the end of the day there is going to be competition, its just the rule of business, and sometimes s*** like this happens, as I said unless your the actual event organiser, I don;'t get what your prob is.

Well I'm not I can assure you, I have been very ill in the past and I saw cons as a way of meeting people. But if you want to be cynical and paranoid then that's up to you. I may seem old fashioned but what happened to honesty?

By the way the queues are very long there... (why you think I'm an organiser I don't know)

Well I'm not I can assure you, I have been very ill in the past and I saw cons as a way of meeting people. But if you want to be cynical and paranoid then that's up to you. I may seem old fashioned but what happened to honesty?

By the way the queues are very long there... (why you think I'm an organiser I don't know)

Good ness me, calm down a wee bit, just having some fun with ya, not everything in life has to be taken so seriously.

All I'm saying is that I still don;'t get what the problem is.

I try to put across, like others have done 2nite, that this is dishonurable bussiness, and that the only ppl that suffer from this kind of thing is the fans. I dont just pretend that its not happening and try and get over it...

But i can't see how fans would be suffering though, some people will get to see thwm tiwce, some people who cannot make the other event but can make this one,wins, as far as i can see everyone is a winner really.

sorry but i like i said numerous times, I don't get what all the fuss is about, its business, its nothing personal.

• Moderators
And it doesnt matter if organisers have a contract with the guest or not.

If that were REALLY true, then every single convention organiser in the WORLD would suddenly have to change their system ... oh, and every single business in the world ... doesn't matter if they have a contract? Erm, sorry but that's just rediculous :lol:

maybe if you've been working with a guest for 5 or 6 years and have done various events with them, after a while, contracts might not need to be made...Commiments might then be made on an informal basis and by word...

Edited by Hidi99

• Moderators

Whether u know someone or not, ALWAYS do a binding contract! It's just common business sense .... business and "friends" should never be mixed anyway, it's never good :lol: There's no harm in making a contract, it just makes things a bit more formal, and it's not gonna ruin anyones' close relationship if they've got one ... it's a TERRIBLE way to run a business to be honest, and every1 wud get screwed over left right n centre if all businesses in the world were run in that fashion!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i'm still confused, oh well I've made my opinions, based on cryptic posts from what i can gather a group of people are peeved because a guest presumably has signed up to do another event and are now doing this one too, well maybe it was s*** contracts i dunno. I'm past caring now in all honesty, all I'll say again because i love repeating myself, is sometimes s*** happens, fact of life, no point in beating yourself up over it mind!!!!!!!