AUTOGRAPH PRICES AT C6 ! ! ! ! !

OK, carry on acting like a child then, it you that is gonna end up looking bad mate.

You don't agree with them, and they don't agree with you. Tough s***

Just drop it now, or else this is gonna be deleted, it getting very boring.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, carry on acting like a child then, it you that is gonna end up looking bad mate.

You don't agree with them, and they don't agree with you. Tough s***

Just drop it now, or else this is gonna be deleted, it getting very boring.

Bex, you can see I did, but he come taking the pi$$ beef daddy?, what the hell is that all about?

He goes on about Gandalf calling him names, look whos talking, theres an old adage in life, dont do it , if you cant take it..

OK, shall we all pretend we are grown ups now and stop bickering. Everyone has had a say on this matter, lets leave it as it is.

Well i'm not an adult, so that may be hard for me! :lol::lol:

I haven't read the entire thread, but from what I have got, you are aguing about something that went on on this thread etc etc. I thought it was a thread for talking about the prices of Collectormania, not arguing...

I think The Reaper was the one who suggested that you settle it over a pint at C6. That sounds like a sensible idea, instead of bickering.....

Well, getting back on topic, I think the prices are quite good. I would gladly pay 25 pounds to See Carrie Fisher!

The only problem is fitting in all the guests i want to see!

Showmasters has forced me into the car washing buisness! :lol:

Mike

;)

Can i just say that i agree with Tenacious here... we have a herd of sheep sucking abit of showmaster ass and not using there head!!

£25 is absurd for a sig and i wont pay it..

are any of showmasters going to come here and defend why they choose to put there prices up to that amount?

were not all little rich kids getting mummy and daddy to pay for our weekend out..

Now whos taking the pi$$, and i chimed in, becuase YOU wasnt listening.

Nobody listens. My opening comment on this whole charade was that I felt the prices were excessive.

Of course £25 is less of a rip off compared to other events that charge £50 but it is still a rip off.

If differing opinions are your beef then become a vegetarian

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say ... I'm not arguing with anyone, or insulting them, so I hope that's acceptable . . .

Just to take issue with some of the things said here. Im not attacking Showmasters, but I don't think they are perfect, which is the general concensus, and I think by highlighting a few of the faults (and they are few) we can only improve matters.

(1) Personally I'm not surprised at Nick Brendon being £20 ... the only other places I've seen him signing are at exclusive Buffy events, which u have to pay set prices for the whole event n blah blah blah ... it all adds up and personally I can't afford to go to them. Someone could turn up, walk in the shopping centre, meet Nick for £20 and go home .. that could be all they have to pay, not like the amount they'd have to pay at another event, so that's why I'm personally happy with that price. Obviously other people have different situations and so don't have to meet Nick if they feel it's unreasonable but I can see the reasons why it would be this price, and it's a good opportunity for people like me who can't afford other events. No entrance fee etc ...

This is fine if you just want an autograph from him, but is there going to be a Q & A, opportunities to get decent photographs with him, drink with him at a disco or party afterwards? This is what you pay the admission prices for at conventions, that something extra. A couple of years back I sat with Nick at a table with his then fiance and chatted for a good while, sat opposite us were Joss Whedon and Amber Benson, it was the most surreal thing in the world, yet also one of the most memorable. Unfortunately shopping mall events cannot offer this. (And yes I know about the guest talks and this years party).

(2) The fact that Showmasters have announced ANY prices whatsoever is great, and I'd imagine if everything else was sorted out then they'd be announced too ... surely they can only announce what they've finalised? I know it's annoying but I'm sure most people would rather have quite a lot announced like we have had, than keeping the prices back and waiting a while until ALL of them are finalised. At least this offers *some* chance for budgeting, which has never happened before, so it's a good move.

I agree it was a great move on their behalf. Just wanted to know why they couldn't announce Margot Kidder, David Prowse etc that they already have confirmed. It's not a major grumble, just curious. I do have one issue regarding prices now though. If we have Carrie at £25 and Billy Dee at £20 and others at £20, wouldn't it be better to spread these costs across other guests and give a more uniform price than the highs of £25 versus the £15. Surely this would be better for the guests too as some are being made to feel more important than others?

(3) We are not sheep. I'm not anyway. The fact is that I'll stand up for what I believe in, and like many people have said, I believe in all the hard work that the organisers put in, all the effortt that they have to go through to bring us what we get. It's easy enough to sit behind a computer and demand this n that and expect to get it, but some people forget all the hard work that has to go into it! It's never as simple as OH I WANT CARRIE FISHER so one phonecall later she's appearing ... I'm sure many people have never talked to Showmasters and don't have any idea what they have to go through. We don't "worship" anyone, we're just respectful and patient - our opinions are as honest as yours, we're not brainwashed, we just accept that they're doing the best job that they can. Many people will go straight into a guest announcement and say "oh he/she is ok, but can I have ...... instead?" - what's the point? There's so many guest request threads that people can request things in, so what's the need for negative comments? Like "oh I've met him before ..." or something, so what? Many fans will NOT have, and some people need to realise that these events are not tailor made for the needs of ONE particular fan.

This isn't the issue. The issue is that if anybody even has an opinion against showmasters they are attacked, and that is wrong. And by attacking them for having this opinion you are sheep, as you believe that you should all act with a unified mind that all that showmasters do is right and correct, which is wrong. They make mistakes and not every line up is glorious and great. My grumble with this years line up was that most of the guests had appeared at other shows and quite recently too, like Verne Troyer, Margot Kidder, and yes even Carrie Fisher. I have nothing against bringing older guests back but lets have someone like Linda Blair or someone who wasn't here only six to twelve months or so ago. For collectors it gets boring. I know not everyone could get to every show, granted, but at least leave a reasonable time gap.

(4)sometimes the things u say AREN'T in a respectful way. Like the thread about LFACC2 being inferior to C6 and someone commenting "Showmasters haven't had a bad event yet" ... you felt the need to post "yet" ... why? What's the point? In all honesty, if you can tell me how that comment helps anyone, how it's constructive, or "respectful" then do that ... but I don't see anything but negativity in that comment.

The point was to remind people that they are not infallable or invincible, and that it could happen. This again is a representation of the blindness you all have to these and any events. And I just wanted to say that it is possible that showmasters may make a balls up from time to time and that you should all be aware of that.

The fact is that if you have such a one-track negative opinion of Showmasters and their events, then you shouldn't come to the events OR post on the forum - that comment isn't aimed just at u, but at ANYONE who feels that way.

So unless we have good things to say about showmasters we shouldn't bother posting here is that what you're saying? What kind of a forum is that? It confirms my suspicions of a one mind mentality here which you deny exists. And for the record I don't have a one track negative opinion of Showmasters and their events, but you seem to have one of us who even slightly oppose things we disagree with about their events.

The organisers are MUCH more likely to be able to put on a GREAT event with our SUPPORT ... they'd get nowhere without the fans supporting them, building up this forum to a great community, and us going to their events! Constructive comments help MASSIVELY because they can improve on their shows from what we tell them. But ... it does have to be constructive, and, like u said, respectful ... and that's what some people lack, both for AND against Showmasters.

I have the utmost respect for showmasters, however I am realistic enough to know that they can and have made mistakes in the past. (like no comic guests at a comic con) My two moans here are that they have used many recent recycled guests this time round, which is fine for some of you and I have no problem with that, but for me personally there is no attraction. I've got to come a long way if I want to attend this show and youve got to understand that it has to be worth my while. Your earlier comments about attendance fees is equivalent to my travel and accomodation fees, so free as it is to some it still costs that extra to me and others who travel to this show. Currently there are three guests I would like to meet, but if the rest of the line up doesn't add up then I'll have to consider not attending purely because it isn't worth it.

What I would like to see here then is that if we have a comment to make on something that we don't like about these shows, is not to be leapt upon by the showmasters faithful who think that they can do no wrong, but for our opinions to be considered and thought about first. Its when people immediately leap to their defence that the negative comments fly, and often they aren't issued by us. I hope you'll all think about that, but then I expect that you wont.

Can i just say that i agree with Tenacious here... we have a herd of sheep sucking abit of showmaster ass and not using there head!!

£25 is absurd for a sig and i wont pay it..

are any of showmasters going to come here and defend why they choose to put there prices up to that amount?

were not all little rich kids getting mummy and daddy to pay for our weekend out..

Tempted as I am to comment on the use of "there" instead of "their".....

Have you read the posts mate? If you have, you'll see that a lot of people commenting aren't "little rich kids getting mummy and daddy to pay for our weekend out.." but in fact people on not especially high incomes who are making other sacrifices in order to meet the celebs they want to. £25 for one of the leading characters of the original Star Wars trilogy seems reasonable to me (especially when you take into account what she has charged before at other places).

I think it was Bex who asked people to grow up earlier today; it rather seems as if you haven't read that post either. If you want to be patronising, might I respectfully suggest you act so with your own collection of toys? They won't answer back! :wub::firedevil:

Edited by Banished_From_Rohan

(1) Personally I'm not surprised at Nick Brendon being £20 ... the only other places I've seen him signing are at exclusive Buffy events, which u have to pay set prices for the whole event n blah blah blah ... it all adds up and personally I can't afford to go to them. Someone could turn up, walk in the shopping centre, meet Nick for £20 and go home .. that could be all they have to pay, not like the amount they'd have to pay at another event, so that's why I'm personally happy with that price. Obviously other people have different situations and so don't have to meet Nick if they feel it's unreasonable but I can see the reasons why it would be this price, and it's a good opportunity for people like me who can't afford other events. No entrance fee etc ...

This is fine if you just want an autograph from him, but is there going to be a Q & A, opportunities to get decent photographs with him, drink with him at a disco or party afterwards? This is what you pay the admission prices for at conventions, that something extra. A couple of years back I sat with Nick at a table with his then fiance and chatted for a good while, sat opposite us were Joss Whedon and Amber Benson, it was the most surreal thing in the world, yet also one of the most memorable. Unfortunately shopping mall events cannot offer this. (And yes I know about the guest talks and this years party).

you certainly wont be having a drink with him because he has admitted he has a drink problem i met him the week after he admitted it i met him and he was still struggling so hopefully he should be a bit better when he comes

On another note,

Thanks for ruining any chance of showmasters giving us the prices in advance again.

I take offence in being called a sheep, I don't kiss anyones ass thankyou.

If people are not happy with the prices it is their problem. No one is forcing you to hand money over, and the sugesstion that 'mummy and daddy' pay for most forum members autographs is bollox. I know the majority of people on the forum work, and they aren't complaining.

Why you feel the need to be rude about people, about something so trivial is beyond me, I would understand if there was a huge enterance fee to pay, but as there isn't, what is the problem????

Edited by BEX (PSP)

You know what, I feel sorry for Showmasters and with some comments made on just this thread alone, im surprised they even bother, ungratefull little S@1t'$.

Id be surprised if theres even a C7 after this lot.

How is it ungrateful?

They've put a price up. People are not happy. They are a business and like a business should be able to deal with it.

Provided you all go and pay they probably won't care what the silent few think.

If there isn't a C7 you'll be able to save £200+ for something else won't you?

You know what, I feel sorry for Showmasters and with some comments made on just this thread alone, im surprised they even bother, ungratefull little S@1t'$.

Id be surprised if theres even a C7 after this lot.

How is it ungrateful?

They've put a price up. People are not happy. They are a business and like a business should be able to deal with it.

Provided you all go and pay they probably won't care what the silent few think.

If there isn't a C7 you'll be able to save £200+ for something else won't you?

I dont think we will ever agree, you obviously are jealous of the people going to C6 that can afford the prices, by the tone of your posts, I aint arguing with you any more (Ill let the other members do it), you came on here to wind people up and you have succeeded, now I hope you are happy.

Im not surprised you cant afford the prices at the show, it looks like you need to save up for a pencil case!

See ya

you certainly wont be having a drink with him because he has admitted he has a drink problem i met him the week after he admitted it i met him and he was still struggling so hopefully he should be a bit better when he comes

Nick was used as an example, I could have mentioned any one of them at that show. Besides who's to say that drink automatically refers to alcohol?

Once again the sheep have engaged keyboard before brain.

Yes I know. And your point is.....?

very sharp?

Well only you would know the answer to that one. Some people might consider it a bit of a deformity though.... :firedevil:

Seriously mate, I'm not here for an argument, a debate or anything else. An opinion is an opinion, and opinions are never right or wrong. You have yours, other people have theirs, so whats the point of carrying it on? No one is going to "win".

Just as an aside, perhaps you might like to try and organise a show yourself, keeping the prices reasonable with the calibre of guests being announced? I'm sure if you could manage that one, with say Carrie Fisher at £10 we'd be there in our droves.

one thing to take into accont is who chooses the prices?

i've met Carrie Fisher before and the price was £25

people will continue to moan about prices, myself included, usually to myself though :firedevil: i mean wouldnt £5 be much better!!! (sarcasm!)

i dont quite understand how you can be upset with the line-up either!?! if theres no one you dont want to get - DON'T GO! its not difficult...

i've been up to Birmingham (from London) just for 1 guest that i wanted to meet

as for getting guests that have been over before - so what. there have been some guests that i would love to meet again but havent been back over for a while now.

yes, i collect autographs but actually getting to meet the guest is just as big a part of it for me.

anyway, i'm really looking forward to Collectormania6 and cant wait to meet the guests i want.

darryl :wub:

moan moan,

£25.00 too much dont pay it

its all about supply and demand, if enough people object then SM will realise and reduce prices/get cheaper guests

Its a simple choice

I myself will be purchasing The Fishers autograph, more than likely in Slave Girl outfit from ROTJ

my brain was working before i said that

it wasnt meant as a dig at you for saying

as in general terms yeah its great to party with the guests and have a chat but then that cant always happen

and i certainly dont follow other peoples comments it is my own opinion

I dont think we will ever agree, you obviously are jealous of the people going to C6 that can afford the prices, by the tone of your posts, I aint arguing with you any more (Ill let the other members do it), you came on here to wind people up and you have succeeded, now I hope you are happy.

Im not surprised you cant afford the prices at the show, it looks like you need to save up for a pencil case!

See ya

Cry baby cry!

Make your mother sigh

She's old enough to know better, so cry baby cry!

Beef

I came on here to point out that the prices are beginning to go over the top. Not to get into an arguement where I'm barracked by the showmasters faithful. If you can't take someone elses opinion I feel sorry for you.

I probably am jealous, I'd love to have that kind of money to spend but I don't. There are others in the same boat who won't be making that trip to see their heroes, at least spare them a thought.