Day out at Alton Towers

vamps!

Woohoo today had finally arrived it took ages to get to Alton Towers. We headed off to a chalet on Friday evening, got there at about 9pm which was really good going. The chalet was alright, however the pictures are nothing like it, but hey who cares, it was £46 for night and it was somewhere for us to kip for the night, rather than travel up on Saturday morning.

We got to Alton Towers before everyone from here, (I must point out that we did not go on the forum meet, me and Lee had a day to ourselves and made the most of a great deal to get into Alton Towers for £10 each), so we had a head start.

Now I had insisted I was not going to go on Oblivion, you know the ride with VERTICAL DROP going at god knows what speed. Well guess what.....................

I WENT ON OBLIVION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes indeed I did, I am so proud of myself and you know what, it was f***ing awesome. You get taken up the slope bit thing, when you get to the top you go round a bend and then you can see where you drop down. The worst thing is, just before you drop, you are left dangling for a couple of seconds, and then suddenly your free falling down, you carry on falling into a tunnel, then back up again, round a bend and then your done. I tell you something though, it is damn impossible to get a breath in when your falling. I f***ing loved it, it was the one ride I was s***ting myself about going on. We edged closer and closer to the entrance, then we gave up and said f*** it, lets go for it........so we did. Photos will appear on a website of mine tomorrow, assuming they come out ok. But f*** me I DID OBLIVION. To find out more about it and what its like, check the Alton Towers website out, and then go to Park Info, I'm sure there is a video of it on their.

After Oblivion we went on the Runaway mine train, this was nice little roller coaster, more for the litle kids I think, but me and Lee still liked it, especially going through the tunnel bit LOL, again I think we have a picture of that.

After that we went on the Water Rapids or whatever they were called. This was an ok ride, got a bit wet, but overall it was a bit naff, you just go round in circles down a fast flowing water route thingy.

Then we went on The Flume, this is like a log flume and yes I did get wet and yes we did have a picture and if you see it, yes the stupid faces were done on purpose LOL. I got f***ing soaked on that one, not as good as the Tidal Wave at Thorpe Park - Rain do you remember that one? I got f***ing soaking wet drenched, you name it LOL.

After that we went on Nemesis, I loved this one, I had my arms going all over the place on this one. I actually had my eyes open the whole time too. Well if I could do Oblivion I could do aything. This one was good, very fast, lots of going upside down etc. Loved this one.

Then we went on Air, this was the one I really wanted to go on. After queueing for an hour and a half, our turn finally came. You get strapped into your seat as if you were sitting down normally, then suddenly your lifted backwards, as if your crawling on your hands and knees and suspended in the air (obviously). Then your off, this was a bit like the nemesis except your flying. Again there was lots of going upside down etc. I loved it, I wanted to go on it again, but the queue was enormous.

Oh we also went on a ride called The Duel, you go round what looks like a ghost train kind of thing, except your given a laser gun and you have to shoot loads of stuff. This was okish, you didn't really have chance to get scared as your busy shooting things. I got the lowest score out of me and Lee, but hey who cares LOL.

So to round up I went on the following rides..........

Oblivion

Runaway Mine Train

Water Raspid

The Flume

The Duel

Nemesis

Air.

So I think we managed to get the most popular rides done, apart from The Black Hole, but there is always next time.

Anyone else from the forum who went on Saturday 3rd July, let me know what you went on. I get the impression you didn't get to go on much.

We did come across a few people from the forum. We saw Hobbit of Dorsetshire, Crappy Granny as I believe she is called (not quite sure why, could some tell me?), Showmaster Andrea and Tish Tosh, Showmaster Mark and Jumbo looking very sophisticated in their Alton Towers blue cover upper thingy ma jiggy. I couldn't be arsed with them, I was soaked just from the rain anyways, so not much point. Then Kennys Boss and friends caught me in a shop trying on some cat ears. How embarrassing LOL. So I didn't see that many of you, where the hell were you ?????

We even sped down the motorway at 90mph to see if we could catch up with the coach. We did however drive right past some of you, I think you were waiting for Taxis in MK.

So there you go, my day at Alton Towers, I loved every minute of it. Me and Lee are definately going to go back, but we are going to stay in the hotel there next time.

I think my senses have been f***ed up, because I keep wanting to move side to side and throw myself back in my chair and pretend I'm flying LOL

Anyways there ya have it, as I said I'll be scanning piccies in and they should appear on a website of mine sometime tomorrow or today f*** what day is it...........................Sunday, so they will appear later on today.

I dare everyone else to scan and put them on a website too. Maybe we could have a competiton to see who is pulling the best face?? Or should that be the scariest face LOL.

Love to you all from an obliviated, nemesised, aired Vamps!!!!! With a little bit of wetness thrown in for good measure (oooooooerrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

xXx

Ps the only reason it rained all day at alton Towers was because RAIN was there, personally I hold her completely and utterly responsible for it LOL.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, where to START

We all got to the coach park early, bus arrived, we got on it :D. We basically just drove there, talked to each other, Si felt sick and we stopped. Then we were off and made Alton Towers for 10:00.

Ben, Sarah, Suzi, Kell and me RAN for Spinball Whizzer and got in the queue, because the others didn't run they were like an hour behind us in the queue :D. We got on it, amazing ride! just really strange.

Then we got off and Kell waited for the others while us four made tracks for Oblivion! Ben saw it and crapped himself, admit it Ben! We queued for that then suddenly you heard some spotty faced teenager over the microphone going "please use both sides of the queue line" so suddenly everyone started running. Ben got stung by a Wasp and one minute it was sunny then it chucked it down then it stopped then it was raining again etc. Anyway, we FINALLY got on the ride ten hours later! On the crank up hill i was shouting at Kayla in the queue about 2 hours behind us! They watched us, all with our hands up i have to say!

We got off that and us four, DavidB and Marie all want to McDonalds, started CHUCKING it down on the way, but then stopped about 2 minutes after. Anyway, we got to McDonalds ate and we all went through the valley (because the skyride wasn't working), our pace was a tiny bit faster than Maries and Vidos so we kinda lost them, lol. We eventually got to the other side and got in the Air queue to see Cordy go past us. Queue wasn't that bad for Air, always moving. We got on it and Ben LOVED it, ok, everyone loved it. Apart from when we got on it all you heard was Sarah going "IVE GOT A f***ING WEDGIE". We all went crazy on that ride, all of us with our hands out!

We got off that and went to Nemesis, queue wasn't that bad for that either. We queued for the front row which was AMAZING, us four all held each others hands and just loved every minute of it! Had to be my best ride of the day, love the way it creates the illusion of speed. We got off this and met up with Cordy, Neo, Nat and Davey so we all went to Duel where Davey kicked ass! 55000 wasn't it Davey? Anyway, we got off that and went to Hex YAY, LOVE the smell in there.. sometimes. The woman next to me was completly CRAPPING herself, holding on for DEAR LIFE when the seats went up 'high' then she basically CRAPPED herself when the room went all around her.

We got off that and went to Black Hole, YAY! i LOVE this ride, it wasn't dark insie though :(, not as dark as normal! I sat with Suzi with Sarah and Ben in the seat in front and we so all Shatner ourselves, love the ride!

We all went to the coach and got on it, erm, rebels in the coach next to us, then we just went home and went to Davey's house!

Rides

4 Spinball Whizzer

3 Oblivion

2 Air

1 Nemesis

7 Duel

6 Hex

5 Black Hole

Weather :P

Sunny

Windy

Cloudy

Rain

i so love Alton Towers!

PHOTOS

http://uk.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bacnka...lbum?.dir=/69ce

If you liked Alton Towers you should come to Blackpool Pleasure Beach

I might go there one day, but I really want to go back to Alton Towers. Its absolutely brilliant there. Next time we are going to have it more planned. Stay overnight and get some fast track tickets for Nemesis and Air. (basically you pay extra and queue jump - you get given an allocated time to go on the first ride and the second ride is two hours later).

I might even get a family annual pass so we can go into all the Tussauds attractions, but its something like £249 for a family of four. Maybe when the kids are older.

Jez if you wanna go to Alton Towers I'll go with ya LOL!!!!!!!!

Edited by vamps!

Wow alton towers sounded amazing, I last went a coupla years ago for my birthday and air was brand new then, but the queue wasn't too bad at all, we ended up going on it twice........did nobody go on the ripsaw? That's totally underrated it's mint! Oblivions brilliant, but for some reason it doesn't do much for me anymore........nemesis rules, the original towers rollercoaster :vader: just checking everyone had a good time, and wondering about ripsaw!

http://uk.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bacnka...f42.jpg&.src=ph

haha, were we dancing? mine suzi and bens legs... er..

hahaha!

did i need a wee?

most probably so.

ill do mine later. good ones guys

haha w like.. have our lil dance obv...

it looks like davey HAS NO legs.... theres a carrier bag and then just a gap :(

Spooky! :D I wonder what happened to them :blink: