Questions for Showmasters.

blaid drwg

I thought I wouldnt ask a few questions which i really want to know, I think some other people do as well, If the answer has already been stated it would be great for them all to be in one place or a link to the answer cause Ive missed them.

1)When will the parties be announced, I really need as much time as I can to get costumes.

2)Has The Hub DVD Petition been read by anyone from showmasters there is now 821 people have signed it so far.

3)roughly how long will it be till a basic time table will be up on here?

4)Is it likley there will be more guests?

Thank you for reading my questions and hopefully taking the time to reply.

• Moderators

I'm sure they'll come and answer when they can, but I'll just pick up on a few points:

There have been petitions for DVDs of other events, going back for years really, and continuing with the conventions that have recently been introduced. They're very tricky to put together, get clearance for, and time consuming. Not to mention people signing a petition doesn't guarantee sales. I'll say it's low on the priority list compared to actually running the events, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

As for guests, at a convention it always depends on ticket sales and how successful they are, as well as the normal situations of who's affordable and available etc. So that's usually something we discourage people from asking, as there's so many factors that mean there's no set yes/no answer :blink:

• Showmasters Admin

I thought I wouldnt ask a few questions which i really want to know, I think some other people do as well, If the answer has already been stated it would be great for them all to be in one place or a link to the answer cause Ive missed them.

1)When will the parties be announced, I really need as much time as I can to get costumes.

2)Has The Hub DVD Petition been read by anyone from showmasters there is now 821 people have signed it so far.

1: I honestly don't know, but it'll not be too much longer I beleive.

2: Yes it has. They are looking into it, there are LOTS of things to consider.

3: You can assume the basic time table will be the same as the other events.

Friday - Reg, Opening Cer, Party.

Saturday - Signing and photos morning. Talks in the afternoon, Party in the evening.

Sunday - Signing (and maybe photos morning). Talks in the afternoon, Party in the evening.

The finalised time table will not go up until about 2 weeks before. Maybe earlier if it sells out. final sces are bathe number of attendees and this is not really known until a couple of weeks out.

4: There maybe a 6th guest but that will be announced when they are signed up.

• Showmasters Admin

Does 'there may be a 6th guest' mean this could be the final line up, no smaller actors (no offence) like last time?

No, it doesn't mean that at all! We may well have some extra guests on top of the 6 again! :YAHOO:

Mark :D

Hi there,

1). We will be announcing the party themes very soon, so keep watching this space! :D

2). We have seen the DVD petition and we really appreciate all the support. However, there are so many issues with creating a DVD that we do not know whether it will happen or not. That is not saying it won't, but it is equally not saying it will either.

3). I will try to have a timetable up in the next few weeks, although in terms of start and finish time it will be much as before! :D

4). Yes, there are likely to be more guests! :YAHOO:

Mark :D

I've got an additional question too (sorry if it's been asked and answered elsewhere): Gold tickets cost £20 more this time but no longer include a photo of you with all the guests. Is there going to be anything to replace that (and make the £20 rise seem a bit fairer)?

I've got an additional question too (sorry if it's been asked and answered elsewhere): Gold tickets cost £20 more this time but no longer include a photo of you with all the guests. Is there going to be anything to replace that (and make the £20 rise seem a bit fairer)?

Well unless the terms and conditions of the gold package indicated that you would be receiving something extra to replace the group photograph (which they didn't) then why would you assume that anything would be replacing it?

Its up to the individual to choose the package which suits them best and you can't look to last years event as a guide price. For me as I've met all the guests announced so far (some more than once) the extra cost of the gold package wasn't worth it for me as I'm quite happy not to have seats in the first few rows and attend the cocktail party. Which is why I opted for the silver pass as did my friends. For others the opportunity to attend the cocktail party and mingle with the guests and potentially have first row seats would be worth every penny of the cost difference between silver and gold.

It's just a matter of personal choice.

Persephone - My question was "Is there..." not "What is...". I'm not expecting anything extra. However, I seem to recall that there was a thread posted quite a while ago talking about whether or not there would be anything else and I just wondered if anything had come of it.

I made my choice based on the Gold package as listed (a week after the Hub - it was so good I couldn't wait to go back :YAHOO: ) and I'm quite happy to pay that price (I'm old enough to know about personal choice, terms and conditions...and budgeting :YAHOO: ) It was just a general query really based on some hearsay from months ago, nothing more :YAHOO:

(However, I will disagree with you about not looking to last year for guide prices - that's why it's called a guide price. If the value differed too wildly then it's obvious that people would question why.)

Roll on March :D

• 2 weeks later...

The thing I dont get is: Why the wait?

As far as I know (correct me if im wrong) the themes dont affect the guests or the locale at all, its just a case of telling us what the themes are.

Unless SM are going to go all out on the themes and decorate the place to fit the themes???

Ooh actually that sounds awesome lol

As far as I know (correct me if im wrong) the themes dont affect the guests or the locale at all, its just a case of telling us what the themes are.

Unless SM are going to go all out on the themes and decorate the place to fit the themes???

Well... they did decorate the hall at The Hub to fit in with the theme...

Well... they did decorate the hall at The Hub to fit in with the theme...

I remember last time there was flags and some sand bags just for the saturday party.

If they are going all out for themes with decorating will go to waste if no one has time to get a out fit for it.

THIS IS GETTING ON MY NERVES WE HAVE ABOUT 6 WEEKS TO GO AND PEOPLE REALLY DO WANT AN IDEA SO THAT PEOPLE CAN GET THINGS READY BECAUSE AT THE MOMENT IT REALLY SEEMS ASTHOUGH THE WAIT IS POINTLESS, PULL A THEME OUT OF THE BAG IT IS NOT MAJORLY HARD!!!

I will add my two cents too: I know last time, it took ages to find something right to wear for the themes, and now we're nearly in February without a word .... please can we know *something* at least!!!

I agree, its leaving it really late for people who want to dress up for the parties. Part of what made the last parties so great was that almost everyone made an effort to take part in the themes and it looked awesome. I think it wont be the same this year as people will be under more pressure to find outfits at short notice.