Please ShowMasters ... play fair with SW:TOT peeps

With "A" listers like TNG crew at £20, how much would u pay for Prowse & Co ?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. With "A" listers like TNG crew at £20, how much would u pay for Prowse & Co ?

• 5 quid each
    • 10 quid each
    • 15 quid each
    • 20 quid each
    • Any 2 for 25 quid
    • Any 4 for 50 quid
    • Any 10 for 100 quid
    • Any 20 for 170 quid
    • All 30 for 250 quid
    • All 30 for 300 quid

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think £15 for 2 sigs is great!!!! :rolleyes::D

I like to get individual sigs and I have a few items with more than one sig one!

BUT

I wouldn't want 2 sigs off everyone so :lol::lol:

MAYBE

it could be an option SM (but I don't even think you have read this topic?!?! HELLO??? :D )

cause I'm sure some people don't have £15 for 30 SW guests (thats like £400 :D !!!) but that a few people such as myself would like 2 sigs off a few of the guests

surfy sah xx

and now the 30 star wars peeps, i think they will be 15. they def. would be if there where only six star wars guests at c6 so what's the difference?

Yeah, but it would be six MAJOR guests as opposed to 30 FILLERS !!

Frank Oz - £30.00 without a hesitation

Dave Prowse - "waddya mean a tenner ?"

:unsure::uhoh:

Edited by dufresne

• 2 weeks later...

the pic of billy dee w. was placed among the 'normal 30 guests' and not between the star wars reunion. he does count as the star wars reunion thing right? and does not take the place of another guest i hope?

I actually dont mind paying £15 for a signature, but I really think that if you want a second personal item signed it should be cheeper. As i personally like to get a signed photograph (that they supply) and a signed personal item by all the guests that are from a specific show. This time i want my nemesis film cells signed by Brent Spiner and Michael Dorn, I already got Marina to sign it at another show for under £15, and not because it was a second item, she was signing all personal items for cheeper (not sure if its appropriate to be mentioning actual prices here - but if u were there then u know)

I feel that showmasters are NOT about the guests or the fans

BUT they are about making money. You can bet your high horses that the star wars guests will be at least £15 each, When they should be no more than £5 each.

HOW ABOUT YOU ANSWER THE QUESTIONS SHOWMASTERS

HOW ABOUT YOU ANSWER THE QUESTIONS SHOWMASTERS

Maybe they havent got an answer for you yet! Looking at other threads they do try and answer everyones questions, but if they havent got an answer than they havent got an answer! :headscratch:

ur not saying that people actually run a business to make money are u?

never

Thats news to me :(:unsure:

• Moderators
ur not saying that people actually run a business to make money are u?

never

Thats news to me :o:P

I know I know, it is a common misconception that convention/show organisers are mega-rich and can get all the guests they want and offer autographs for £1 or even free and make massive losses on the shows, and yet still keep running the shows every 6 months! :rolleyes:

I've been told by a few people who work in the MK centre that showmasters give away 100's of FREE signed pictures. So it sounds like they make lots of money out of us, enough so that can give away free signed pictures.

Maybe showmasters can get there mums to answer our questions? Or maybe they will just ban me for telling the truth.

Edited by Bon jovi

• Moderators

Well ok, if I had the choice of getting a free signed pic ... or paying to meet the person, talk to them, and having the memory of actually getting my name signed and my items and being able to get a picture with them etc etc ... I know what I'd want, a random signed picture wouldn't mean much to me anyway ... in the end, no-one is forcing anyone to pay for autographs are they? I don't particularly like spending much on the autographs cuz I can't afford it anyway. And I'm pretty sure Showmasters aren't the only company to come up with this "paying for an autograph" idea u know :rolleyes:

Hey I have been reading your thread with interest and well I have been going to conventions and signings now for over 13 Years! Yes, I do remember when Dave Prowse used to charge only £5 for a photo.

But what you have to understand is photographic reproduction has gone up for 10 x 8's because of the demand for them. If you go to www.moviemarket.co.uk which is the UK's biggest seller of celebrity photographs you will see that they charge £3.99 for a photo.

On top of that, their are copyright fees which have to be paid to the owner of the images.

Then there are the actors expenses such as Hotels, Food & Transportation etc. and after that you have the actors wages for doing the show, which more often than not goes to the actors charity!

All things you probally have not taken into consideration!

Also their prices at the show are just the same as they would be at any other show that they appear at, with one difference, with Collectormania you do not have to pay £10 to get in!

So lets stop bashing Show Masters, because they do a good job, bring a wide selection of guests for us to see and at the end of the day they are not forcing you to buy the autographs!

Edited by Capt.J.Archer

I can understand both sides of the argument here, why pay £15 for Billy Boyd and the same for Dave Prowse etc?? It doesnt make sense.

And how can £5 turn into £15 for just a few pence extra on a 10x8 photo?, I think that the £10 entrance fee was referred to NEC, I think they charge that just to cover the cost of the hall, you have to go to the NEC for that show there is nothing else to go for, unlike MK shopping centre the show brings people into the centre, whether its just for refreshments or proper shopping etc?

£10 for a minor star wars guest is much more sensible than making everyone pay £15 per signiture, failing that why not pay £15 for a 10x8 and get a free personal item signed?, I mean how hard can it be signing your name all day??

• Moderators

I just don't think Showmasters will announce a pricing plan because they never have before ... they didn't for the Blake's Seven or Red Dwarf groups at LFACC, nor any other guest that has appeared so no matter what u THINK it should be, I do personally think it's unlikely u'll find out til u get there ... but obviously I can be proven wrong :P

I just don't think Showmasters will announce a pricing plan because they never have before ... they didn't for the Blake's Seven or Red Dwarf groups at LFACC, nor any other guest that has appeared so no matter what u THINK it should be, I do personally think it's unlikely u'll find out til u get there ... but obviously I can be proven wrong :rolleyes:

Well I think the minor Star Wars guests better bring a book or something, because its going to be a very lonely queue if they do charge £15 a pop.

• Moderators

At the end of the day, I'm sure both Showmasters and the guests are sensible enough to realise how much the guests will be in demand, and so will base the prices on that ... YES, some guests *are* incredibly greedy and will demand too much, and so we all reserve the right to not bother with them! But it'd be nice to remember it's not just Showmasters who are in charge of the pricing :headscratch:

At the end of the day, I'm sure both Showmasters and the guests are sensible enough to realise how much the guests will be in demand, and so will base the prices on that ... YES, some guests *are* incredibly greedy and will demand too much, and so we all reserve the right to not bother with them! But it'd be nice to remember it's not just Showmasters who are in charge of the pricing :rolleyes:

We arnt saying it is Showmasters, but they pay for hotels/meals/travel etc, if they want to recoup any money they are going to have to play fair on the lower Star Wars guests.

Seems others agree that paying £15 for David (I do every con going!!!) Prowse is taking the P1$$!

Lets wait and see what they charge on the day, as what you said David is a good point, I just hope it is sensible as its no good for those minor guests thinking they are gonna charge £15 and have a queue the size of Elijahs!

:angry:

• Moderators

Personally I hope they ARE a bit cheaper than normal cuz it IS a hell of a lot of guests! And really they're not all gonna be that significant .. I'm not gonna get any of them, and wouldn't unless it was a major SW person but I can understand there are fans that would like many of the sigs maybe on the DVD set or whatever :lol: I'm sure it'll work out ok :D

with *30* SW guests, even a tenner each would be too much for me to meet all the guests - that adds up to £300 !!!!!!!! :D not fogetting the OTHER 30 guests! :D (I usually only have a budget of about £250 for EVERYTHING!) being a student can absolutely suck sometimes! :D

surfy sah xx

I'm a student too! It's just too much money to get all 30 starwar guests. Can't their be a group deal or 5 for 40 pounds.

I know collectormania wanna get as much money as possible but if they did it this way i'm sure they will make more because more people will be willing 2 pay the price! Otherwise people will just bother getting their fav actors and won't bother with the less famous 1s!!!! Sorry

Hey mayb the poor students should start their own forum!! :lol: