Selfies at autograph tables?

Usually says “no posed photos” if selfies are not allowed. “No photos” in itself means no photos in any situation, even while waiting in the queue, or the speciality of the flipper, proof the item was signed by the person they are doing it for.

• Like 1

I am wondering the same but I'd be keeping my mask on at all times. Used to be I'd get up close to the guest I'd always wait for indication or what they'd want or what the person maning the table suggests. I've had two with no posed photos so I'd just see what others are doing and follow suit as long as no rules that say no photos.

However what you could do if you want some basic proof after I did this for Hayley Atwell was to take the signed item after and hold it up to show the guests photo thats on the wall and enable time date stamp to the photo. this way you are not breaching the no photos sign and still get that proof if you wanted that.

I'm not to bothered about getting proof I know I was there I know other than buying signed books or through charities supported by the guest I've got it in person.

• Moderators

The answer to this is simple and is on the FAQs of the website. 

Photos are up to the individual guest and/or their agent. Selfies may be restricted at busier times to allow for more fans to get autographs signed, and the rules of the area must be followed. There will be signs posted, where necessary. These include “no posed photos” which means absolutely no selfies and “no photos” which means absolutely no photography of that guest. I’d like to elaborate further on why these decisions may be made - some guests will have exclusivity clauses in their contracts with other companies (production companies, distribution companies, etc.) which disallow photos of them to be published in order to prevent spoilers etc. Another reason is that the guest simply isn’t comfortable doing them. Anytime there’s a sign, respect the sign. Pretty much.