Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all I'm thinking of flying over from Ireland to Birmingham for the Saturday. As I will only be there for the day would I be guaranteed to get autographs from Rutger Hauer and Casper Van Dien?? Love Blade Runner and Starship Troopers so I'd love to get film posters of each signed. As I'll be there the full day I wouldn't mind waiting around but if there's no guarantee they'd be no point travelling over. I've never attended a con before so if anyone can help I'd be grateful!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Pah91 said:

Hi all I'm thinking of flying over from Ireland to Birmingham for the Saturday. As I will only be there for the day would I be guaranteed to get autographs from Rutger Hauer and Casper Van Dien?? Love Blade Runner and Starship Troopers so I'd love to get film posters of each signed. As I'll be there the full day I wouldn't mind waiting around but if there's no guarantee they'd be no point travelling over. I've never attended a con before so if anyone can help I'd be grateful!

Nobody is guaranteed outside of having a diamond pass for a guest I'm afraid Pah.  There's things you can do to increase your chances, like get there early to queue to get low VQ numbers, be there right to the end so you get more chance of being called, but other factors like how many other activities they will be doing, how many people are trying to see them, how slow/fast they sign all play a part.  Most guests see a good lot of people but some don't.

People might be able to offer opinions on how their signing sessions have gone in the past, and personally I'd say you have a good shot at them but we can't say you will 100% get them I'm afraid.  It's a chance everyone who attends these events has to deal with.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Nobody is guaranteed outside of having a diamond pass for a guest I'm afraid Pah.  There's things you can do to increase your chances, like get there early to queue to get low VQ numbers, be there right to the end so you get more chance of being called, but other factors like how many other activities they will be doing, how many people are trying to see them, how slow/fast they sign all play a part.  Most guests see a good lot of people but some don't.

People might be able to offer opinions on how their signing sessions have gone in the past, and personally I'd say you have a good shot at them but we can't say you will 100% get them I'm afraid.  It's a chance everyone who attends these events has to deal with.

Thanks for the reply so do you think if I got the early entry ticket I'd have a better chance?? will diamond passes will be available for the Birmingham con do you think??

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pah91 said:

Thanks for the reply so do you think if I got the early entry ticket I'd have a better chance?? will diamond passes will be available for the Birmingham con do you think??

You have a better chance, and as I said I can't see any reason why you won't see them unless someone can say they know they are slow signers or something but it's still a choice you have to make if booking non refundable travel ect - after all you could be delayed on the way over and guests sometimes do have to cancel.  Collectormania does have Diamond passes but if a guest is to be a Diamond guest they are from the moment they are announced, it's very rare for a guest to be changed to a Diamond guest later so you should assume Casper and Rutger will stay as non Diamond guests.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember rightly, Rutger was at LFCC a couple of years ago, and he was a slow signer then (if anyone knows I am wrong then please do correct me). If you get the early entry ticket and are there about an hour before the show starts and go straight the Rutger then I don't see you having any problems if you are able to stay there for the whole day. :D

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dalek remembers correctly. Rutger is a very slow signer, and Casper is a chatty guest. But I don't see a problem if you get early entry and are there before the show starts either. Grab Rutger's VQ ticket first and then go for Casper, and if you can hang around til closing you should be okay unless something earth shattering happens.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 3/3/2019 at 5:24 PM, Pah91 said:

Thanks for the reply so do you think if I got the early entry ticket I'd have a better chance?? will diamond passes will be available for the Birmingham con do you think??

I got to Rutger very early at LFCC and got a decent VQ and still didn’t get in to see him, Just gotta try your best as when guests aren’t diamonds then there is no guarantee 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To reiterate what most are saying, get in as early as possible, and grab a VQ as quickly as possible. The staff are usually very visible and it's clear who is giving out tickets to whom. 

One alternative you may consider if you were wanting a 100% guarantee of meeting them is to book a photo-op instead. You won't get an autograph, or much of  a chat, but you will definitely get to meet the actor. Last year at LFCC I managed to meet all the modern day Doctor Whos by booking photos, while my friend who wanted their Autos ended up seeing none of them. Granted though, they were all Diamond guests, so most never got to the VQ anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...