How much is too much?

Ricksta

Just wondering what people's thoughts are from past experiences at LFCC whether I am overdoing it or not.

I am attending with my 10 year old son on Friday and Saturday (not Sunday at the moment).

At the moment we are going for:-

Friday - 3 photoshoots and 5 autos.

Saturday - 3 photoshoots, 2 autos and 2 talks.

Between us, we also have 4 diamond passes (for Christopher Lloyd, Tom Wilson, Terence Stamp and Tom Skerritt), which should hopefully speed things up. This means I only need 2 autos on the VQ system.

I don't want to be too stressed out and I am also worried about clashes, so it is doubtful that I will buy anything else between now and July.

What do you think of how achievable this is so far?

I don't know what it's like having a child with you at an event, but what you've got so far should be no problem at all, especially with diamond passes. I know people who've done 20+ photos and a load of autos in one day without special passes so I'd say you're good. I've managed near 20 autos, 10 photos and several talks in a day with diamond and gold passed before and had a fairly relaxing time. Fairly.

• Like 1

If you have clashes with photo shoot's it's not a big deal. You can go through after your batch has been called so if you have a low batch number you can go a bit later, or you go to the one that finishes first and let the crew know you need to get to another one.

When the schedules have been published post on here again for advice if you do find you have clashes and we will advise you which order to do things in.

Thanks all. Makes me feel a bit more confident it is do-able. My 10 year old son is pretty up for it, so it will be me that tires before him.....

Some great guests so far. My wallet is emptying far too quickly....I hope Showmasters are not leaving the best announcements until last because I will need to get a second job and re-mortgage the house!

Yes, I was only joking but sound advice all around. I agree with everything you have all said regarding setting a budget and sticking to it.

I have reached my ceiling now (quite a bit earlier than last year!) and as john1980 says, I will only book anything else if there are cancellations.

Happy with what I am doing so far. It isn't just the money its also the amount of time available over the two days I am going.

• Like 1

I don't budget as such but I do ask myself "do I really need it?" especially at the price some of them are. There are a few guests I'm considering for a poster, but they are on the higher end of the price range and for what I want them on they only had minor roles, so I have to ask myself do I really want to pay £30/45 for each of them for what was a minor role as it will all add up!

• 3 weeks later...