Are the Queues Really Bad?

My brother has a 17:15 photoshoot with Sigourney Weaver today and he's a bit worried about reports of hours-long queues to get it, to get up and down stairs, etc.

Should he be setting off now or has the issue been exaggerated?

You mean the line for the photoshoot or am I reading this wrong?

There was a delay of some sort with the morning shoot

That caused a bit of a congestipn because despite being told about the batch system people jzst wouldn't move... had to give up and go to my talk too.

I left at about 12.30 and there were still a lot of people queuing to get in, however it was moving quickly and I didn't have any issues getting in this morning. The venue is busy and some isles are a little difficult to get down as people obviously aren't moving quickly but I thought it was well organised and everything moved smoothly.

You'll probably be fairly well back in the queue if you arrive at that time and I can't really give you an estimate of how long it will take you to get in. I got to the venue at about 6.45 this morning so wasn't too far from the front and was therefore in in a few minutes once the door opened. However the later you arrive the further back you will be. Hopefully if anyone arrived around 9 today and see's this they can advise you what time they got in.

You'll probably be fairly well back in the queue if you arrive at that time and I can't really give you an estimate of how long it will take you to get in. I got to the venue at about 6.45 this morning so wasn't too far from the front and was therefore in in a few minutes once the door opened. However the later you arrive the further back you will be. Hopefully if anyone arrived around 9 today and see's this they can advise you what time they got in.

Thanks again

Edited by Trez1329

I don't blame anyone for not following the batch system. Regardless of batch, EVERYONE who is going into that shoot is hanging around the area because they know as soon as it gets called everyone will rush in and secondly, the communication has been terrible regarding the batches being called. Most of the time it's on an A4 whiteboard being held up. You have to get in close to read it!

The kristian Nairn shoot just wasn't moving for 10 minutes after the start time, I had to push past everyone to get down to Caprice in time. The tall older guy with glasses at B was extremely rude. I asked him if I could go in now with a gold pass, he just said "no, wait til your called like I've been telling people". I just thought screw this and walked in anyway and got my photo seconds after.

I'm really worried about tomorrow and don't seem to be getting any answers. My two friends went yesterday. One got in as he has a diamond pass for Freddy but the other didn't even get in and had to leave at 6pm to attend something else - was queuing from 12.30 and had a ticket to get in! She's had to email and complain! Why oversell tickets?? Surely there's a safety aspect as well. The one with the diamond pass says he couldn't get near anything. Ultimately, Showmasters, you will lose income as people will want refunds and I was going to prebook photo shoots for tomorrow to fit them in - as I was told there shouldn't be a problem getting to things! That's now not going to happen from what I've read so I miss out and the whole thing becomes a farce. Now I might be jumping the gun by pre-moaning, but I have little faith so far and if I don't gain entrance in time for my diamond pass paid talk at 10.10, fur will fly!

the other didn't even get in and had to leave at 6pm to attend something else - was queuing from 12.30 and had a ticket to get in!

I don't see why she couldn't get in at all, I was there for half 2 and joined the longest queue I've ever had to at a comic con, but still got in, in under an hour.

the other didn't even get in and had to leave at 6pm to attend something else - was queuing from 12.30 and had a ticket to get in!

I don't see why she couldn't get in at all, I was there for half 2 and joined the longest queue I've ever had to at a comic con, but still got in, in under an hour.

It seems like she left as was advised that they wouldn't get it at all.