caring for your autographs

I'll definitely be making a stop at Franks Autographs whilst at the con. Will my cardboard poster tubes do for short term storage until I can get them into a gallery to be mounted? Say, a week or so?

• Like 1

I've had my Stargate posters in the cardboard tubes for years now and have used them to go to many events and they are absolutely fine. The only 'issues' with poster tubes is that you can get a bit of wear and tear as it were to the edges if you have to take it out a lot as obviously they are quite tight so you have no choice but to handle the edges a bit to get it out - but that happens over time, and you obviously have to be totally sure the sig is dried before you roll it up. Also if the poster is rolled picture and sigs out, you don't want it rubbing against the cardboard much in case the sig is damaged. It's best to get a poster that is rolled with the picture inside to ensure it's best protected.

A week's storage will be no issue.

• Like 1

For photos - Whsmith do acid free see through plastic pockets. I have all my autographs stored in them and have been for many years. They are al, as good as new :) I have found the hard plastic wallets that are often suggested for storage can damage but have never had any trouble at all with the whsmith acid free ones :)

Most autographs you get at LFCC will be on an 8x10" picture. i dont know if this will be removed or not. I have always found the best place to get storage from your photo shoots is franks autographs. Buy ask around at LFCC and anyone will be happy to direct you in the diracetion of the best places to get storage solutions at LFCC.