The Steven Williams Appreciation Thread :)

There are guests who you remember, there are guests who are memorable and then there are guests who are what memories are made of... This thread is devoted to such one guest.

The acting profession has always been one that has amazed us, how an actor can be in front of a camera (whether it be for tv or film) and just simply make that role theirs, its always been a wonderful experience to meet those who elicit such emotions and see them in real life, shake their hands and thank them for bringing to life such iconic characters - Steven Williams was no different... He surpassed this.

I know him best for playing the cold, steely "X" from the X Files and wasn't quite sure what to expect when meeting him, but its clear to say that its obvious why such lovely actors with a Heart so pure and kind relish the idea of taking on the roles they take:

When I met him he was so frickin jovial, so chatty, all full of smiles and bally heck he was SO happy to be there, he was so talkative so accomodating and without a doubt certainly stands out as one of the best Guests- heck lets not even mess about here, as one of the best ACTORS I've ever met, the guy was superb and has an awesome sense of humour as well.

It was more than worth the trip from Southend to Milton Keynes just to meet this FANTASTIC guy :)

Steven%20X%20Williams%20and%20I%20IMG_01

• Like 4

I already described meeting with him in the general guest encounter thread, but he was definitely the life and soul of the event for me - excellent guest! Wish I could have spent more time with him. Every time I walked by his table I could hear his voice booming out enthusiastically and it made me smile.

• Like 1

I already described meeting with him in the general guest encounter thread, but he was definitely the life and soul of the event for me - excellent guest! Wish I could have spent more time with him. Every time I walked by his table I could hear his voice booming out enthusiastically and it made me smile.

Just before I left I made sure to go back to Steven to say buh bye and he was in this faux/hysterical shouting match with a wrestler who was a few guests up and they were both yelling out each others names (sorry, but I don't know who the sports person was) but this is more a less a transcript:

Wrestler: (Shouting) STEVEN?!?!

Steven: (Shouting) WHAT?!?!

Wrestler: (Shouting louder) STEVEN?!?!?!?!?!

Steven: (Shouting even louder) WHAT?!?!?!

I told him how he frickin rocked, we shook hands and yep I totally agree with your comment about him being the life and soul of the event :)

King Richard, your stories always make my day :-) Glad to hear you had an amazing experience!

I'm glad you like them :) Means a great deal to me.

• Like 1

I totally agree with you KingRichard. Steven was the first person I met and I don't think he got topped throughout the day (although William Saddler came close). I asked him about X's fight on the stairs with Skinner and he said a lot of that was improvised at the time and was one of his fave scenes.

Oh, I saw you walking buy a couple of times as well Richard. I was going to come and say hi and mention I was on here but didn't really have much time.