Sold out Photo-shoot question? Official update in Post #34

• Moderators

QS has requested a list from the office of all photoshoots that are completely sold out. We will know when she gets that list back whether more batches are coming for various shoots.

Infact, if none are added, I will be lodging a complaint as I had all the tickets I wanted in my basket two weeks ago, but then thought I'd wait until I got paid as there was no indication that any of the tickets I wanted were in short supply, how was I to know? Had I known the ticket situation was so urgent, I could've got them there and then and taken the hit. We should be getting fair warning when things like this happen! Not happy at all!

I agree, it would have been nice to have a warning that the 1st batch was low, but if there is a 2nd, it would at least make up for it.

• Like 1

There never has (or at best extremely rarely) been any warning of low availability. I've going to these events for nearly 12 years now and it's never been something you can rely on. Too many tickets across so many events, not enough people to keep track of it all. On the old system there was a way of seeing how many were left but without some kind of real-time stock info on the ticket sales end (can't see why that's not possible these days) it's a risk not to buy straight away now.

• Like 1

No it's not a risk. Other organisers have loads of events going on at once, but always give a heads up when ticket availability is low, so why should Showmasters be any different? They shouldn't. Some people are not in the position to "buy straight away" so that logic is flawed before we even begin

Like I said, they can let us buy for Friday and use it for Saturday if they aren't going to release a second batch, simple as that!

I actually totally agree with you, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to but for whatever reason (and I speculated on those) they don't or can't. Therefore with that in mind, it's a risk to not buy straight away as there's no way of knowing how sales are going and if you risk missing out. I'm sure plenty of people aren't able to buy straight away, I often don't want to but without the info on availability, not doing so will mean you risk missing out.

As for buying a friday ticket and using on saturday, they sell x amount for the time available and if they let people do that it would risk throwing the timing out. Sometimes they've let you use sat or sun tickets on a friday when there's time available but not the other way round as those shoots are usually already at capacity.

• Showmasters Admin

We will be adding the photo sessions that have more batches on Monday where applicable. In regards to Emily Kinney specifically she was announced in December and so has been on sale since then :) she was in the old store prior to it changing to Eventbrite.

As previously mentioned we do try to inform people if tickets are low however sometimes things sell-out quite quickly - even overnight :)

Thankyou all for your patience!

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

No it's not a risk. Other organisers have loads of events going on at once, but always give a heads up when ticket availability is low, so why should Showmasters be any different? They shouldn't. Some people are not in the position to "buy straight away" so that logic is flawed before we even begin

Like I said, they can let us buy for Friday and use it for Saturday if they aren't going to release a second batch, simple as that!

I actually totally agree with you, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to but for whatever reason (and I speculated on those) they don't or can't. Therefore with that in mind, it's a risk to not buy straight away as there's no way of knowing how sales are going and if you risk missing out. I'm sure plenty of people aren't able to buy straight away, I often don't want to but without the info on availability, not doing so will mean you risk missing out.

As for buying a friday ticket and using on saturday, they sell x amount for the time available and if they let people do that it would risk throwing the timing out. Sometimes they've let you use sat or sun tickets on a friday when there's time available but not the other way round as those shoots are usually already at capacity.

What Rockstar has said is true. We do a specific time allotment for the amount of tickets sold. With the Friday we would sometimes allow people to use their Saturday and Sunday tickets if we knew there would be extra time, but not the other way around. That may not happen this time around, but if it does we'll let everyone know. Hopefully you'll be able to purchase the tickets that you need on Monday though and you won't have to worry. It's just a case of us updating the store :)

• Like 1

Does that mean emily is sold out for two of the days?

You need to wait until Monday. Last additions will be made then. Right now there's no confirmation either way. Emily is one of the "mixed" shoots which had tickets on the old system too. They need to crosscheck the numbers before adding more.

Hi,

I never got a chance to get a ticket for Christopher Lloyd and the DeLorean photo shoot as I had got a Diamond Pass and had to wait for pay day. They are sold out and I'm wondering if any more are going to be added? This is my first comic con and Christopher Lloyd is the reason I'm going. I will be gutted if no more are added. :grump:

Nearly all the guests have more than one batch of photos but Christopher and the DeLorean only has one. Surely some more tickets could be released??? I'm having an actual heart attack at the thought of missing out.

If i had known there were limited tickets for this one i wouldn't have got the Diamond pass first. Altho the Diamond pass has the clock face photo shoot, for BTTF fans like me the DeLorean one is surely the must have. I, like others couldn't afford to get both tickets at the same time.

The clock face has two batches of photo shoot tickets already.

Please cosider releasing some more tickets for this one. :(

Is there no chance at all of getting a ticket for this? Even if only a few are released? I am totally gutted. :(

I do understand there has to be only so many tickets but I was really hoping for this one. I take it no one can get a ticket for this on the days of the event? I've never been before.

Is there no chance at all of getting a ticket for this? Even if only a few are released? I am totally gutted. :(

I do understand there has to be only so many tickets but I was really hoping for this one. I take it no one can get a ticket for this on the days of the event? I've never been before.

I have requested a confirmation again, please bear with me. I am a volunteer. I am not in the SM office - in fact am not even in the UK. I don't have any access to sales numbers. I need to wait for confirmation. I understand your situation, but unfortunately my name is not Samantha and I don't get info when I wiggle my nose. ;)

Have to agree with Grayferret, it would be good even if only a few extra tickets are added! The movement to the new store has made things confusing, and no longer possible to see when photo ops have low numbers left. If all the other photo shoots have been given a second batch on the new store it would be great to see at least a few tickets released for the Delorean photo shoot! Especially seeing how quick they sold and how they sold out so quick when the show was so far away! Not all of us have the luxury of buying £50 comic con tickets almost more than half a year away from an event! :)

That being said, if it isn't possible it isn't possible, but if there are enough of us speaking up about wanting this photo op more than others it would be great if Showmasters could consider arranging another session of the Delorean photo shoot at some point over the weekend! :)

• Like 1

I understand it takes time to check numbers etc and I will wait to hear more.

I have never been to an event like this and it's a big deal to me, as with eveyone I guess. I was just stressed to see them sold out when pay day came. With there only being one batch for Christopher and the DeLorean compared to 2 or 3 for others I was hoping some more could be released, even if it's a limted amount it would give those like me a chance.

I also didn't know if some tickets were sold online and then some at the actual event?? Like I said I don't really know much about it, new to all this.

I do think it would be worth considering though. :(

I have never been to an event like this and it's a big deal to me, as with eveyone I guess. I was just stressed to see them sold out when pay day came. With there only being one batch for Christopher and the DeLorean compared to 2 or 3 for others I was hoping some more could be released, even if it's a limted amount it would give those like me a chance.

I also didn't know if some tickets were sold online and then some at the actual event?? Like I said I don't really know much about it, new to all this.

We've all had our first time and trust me, these events mean a lot to all of us. :smile:

As QS said though, these tickets went on sale in the old store before the batch numbers so even though it was batch 1, it could have been 1000 tickets sold all together (random number). Remember that the amount of tickets sold is not just down to how many Showmasters want to sell. I'm sure the number would be endless if it were up to them, but the guests will put a limit on how many photos they are happy with doing in one day as smiling in front of a camera with the flash going off for hours on end can be harsh even for the long serving professionals!

Let me check on the Sunday, that may be an error.

I have requested a list of all sold out photo shoots, this will be posted once I receive it.

Thanks for checking QS. hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Also another error I've seen. It says David Prowse £15.53. Is that meant to be £15

In general, tickets are predominantly sold online, then a few are sold on the day at the event if available, although if they are sold out online they don't have many if any at the actual show! Or at least that's what I've learned from experience!

If they have all sold out on the Delorean photo shoot, it would be a shame for lots of people, but there are still other photo opportunities available with Christopher Lloyd so it won't be a total loss! Plus if the photo is in the Delorean itself you might only get the head of Christopher Lloyd in the photo whereas another photo session might provide a better picture. Keep your eyes peeled for now, but remember even if you don't get the photo you want you will get A photo (hopefully) and get to meet the guy which will still be a great experience! :)

But I still really want a Delorean photo op ticket! :D

Edited by Jayme8892
  • Like 1