Making photo ops fun ?

• Moderators

You could think of one in advance, then nicely ask the guest if they're okay with it.

Or you could just ask them to do whatever they feel like :)

Best to judge based on people in front of you in the queue too, just to see if the guest seems happy with doing funny poses etc or prefers to just have normal ones done.

some guests are really cool and doing fun things with the fans like John Barrowman, Casper Van Dien, Maxwell Caulfield,
even with Carrie Fisher I was very suprised.

Depends always by "guest" moods :-)

Anything is possible. I saw that Hayden Panitierre did fun things. And Jewel Strait too.

I asked a guest at WLFCC last year at the spot where they were signing if they'd be okay with a pic being taken with a little something and they were fine. Summer LFCC David Hewlett was doing fun poses (as was Lena Headey as my profile pic shows) yet another guest refused and 99% of the pics are quite somber in style.

• 2 weeks later...

i just want the backdrop to be changed on photo-ops. Its boring having the same background all the time.

I totally agree, the blue is a bit samey isn't it ? could do with something that's a bit more fun

I suppose the only problem with different backdrops is the potential clashing colors. So many people go through the area in such a vast variety of clothing/cosplays, and that shade of blue is fairly neutral.

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly have a look online to see if you can find photo ops or comments on the guests to get views on whether they are comfortable having fun in photo ops, some guests are and some are not. As mentioned above Dina Meyer and John Barrowman for example have great fun when doing their photo ops, on the other hand I have seen other guests be asked to do a pose and have refused, sometimes I think because they don't quite understand what they are being asked for or alternatively they just don't want to do it, which you need to respect.

Whoever it is just ask politely first, I always recall meeting Keeley Hawes at LFCC a few years ago and I asked as I walked up to her if it was alright if I put my arm round her shoulder for the photo, she said "thank you so much for asking, I wish other people had done the same". I think some people in their excitement just literally throw themselves at the celeb.

Sometimes as well you may get instructions or requests whilst queueing for when you meet the guest and please respect these as well, such as no hugs, contact etc.

Basically, be respectful and just ask politely.

• 2 weeks later...

some guests are really cool and doing fun things with the fans like John Barrowman, Casper Van Dien, Maxwell Caulfield,

Anything is possible. I saw that Hayden Panitierre did fun things. And Jewel Strait too.

You must really like david hasslehoff as you have him twice in your signature!!

• 2 weeks later...

You must really like david hasslehoff as you have him twice in your signature!!

I do. He's a childhood hero of course ;-)

I like all my autos I got in person. Some of those are really "classic" (= big/great actors once and they're still) like Joan Collins (even younger generation don't know her name anymore), Larry Hagman, Angie Dickinson, Dick Van Dyke. Thats why I could never sell those autos like many others do.