Sherlocked Meetups

MildGrooveOn

Hi Micawber, there's nothing going on on Friday guest wise as such. Friday is for registering from 2pm, and the hall will be open from 6pm to 8pm so you can go in and look at the exhibits and stalls. We don't know if the vendors will be open and selling on Friday though.

Other than that there won't be any talks, screenings, photo shoots or auto's going on on Friday.

From the website:

Opening Times

Friday: Registration from 2pm. Event open 6pm - 8pm. Your chance to visit some of the event attractions at a more leisurely pace

The scheduling email will probably come out and prove me wrong now!

Okay, got my OysterCard and Gatwick Express ticket. And I'm confused. On the Gatwick ticket it's written: "either direction between Gatwick and London".

Does it mean both ways or one way only (and I should receive two tickets). Because in my dictionary either is translated as both or one of both. :huh:

Usually UK train tickets say from Station A to Station B or vice versa. If you are going from A to B but show only a ticket from B to A you would have the incorrect ticket. Return tickets come in 2 sepatate pieces. They way I interpret "either direction between Gatwick and London" means your ticket covers you from going to either Gatwick to London or London to Gatwick both ways without needing to be defined by which direction you are actually going - you are covered either way. Does it also say it's a single and the date?

Hope that made sense.

Or email customerservices@gatwickexpress.com for verification if unsure.

Edited by Raylenth

There is a space for date of issue but it's not filled. It also has two check boxes "used outwards" and "return", both of them unchecked.

Please try to explain without using the word "either" please. To me your explanation can be also understood both ways. What an evil word... :blush:

I wouldn't be able to come as I can't get the day off work :no: but whenever you all get to do it I hope you have a wonderful time and get to see lots of the locations and have a fantastic time.

I'm the same! Can't really make any meetups due to work!! Have to work to afford the conventions!!

But if anyone sees me crewing Saturday or Sunday then please come say hello!! I'll be the one who looks exactly like her avatar!! Haha!

I look forward to seeing all you lovely people!!! Not long now! :YAHOO:

Likewise Twiga, and by the way love the deerstalker :YAHOO:

Will you have your name on your ticket so we can discreetly see who is who?

Oh thank you!!

And I'll have "Lisa" on my badge

I hope to see you there. :)

I also hope to be able to say hi to QS to thank her for all her help. I'm sure I'll recognise her, she'll be the one with practically no hair and a halo floating above her head.

Edited by evilfairie
  • Like 4

Casual reminder of the Sherlock Locations Tour this Friday. No need to sign up anywhere.

Just show up outside Speedy's Cafe on North Gower St at 10am Friday the 24th with an Oyster Card or zone 1-2 travel card and good walking shoes.

Casual reminder of the Sherlock Locations Tour this Friday. No need to sign up anywhere.

Just show up outside Speedy's Cafe on North Gower St at 10am Friday the 24th with an Oyster Card or zone 1-2 travel card and good walking shoes.

How long is the tour and are you planning to get to Excel for 2.00 p.m. for registration ?

How long is the tour and are you planning to get to Excel for 2.00 p.m. for registration ?

The length will depend on how fast we walk and how long we may linger at any given location. But yes, the plan is to be done before 2.

The length will depend on how fast we walk and how long we may linger at any given location. But yes, the plan is to be done before 2.

O.K. sounds good, was going to head straight to Excel for 2.00 p.m. but will see if I can join you.

I'm surprised you haven't included Leinster Gardens or the Vauxhall Arches in your plan. I'm hoping to see both on the Friday. Not sure if I'll have the time though.

What I chose was based on including the most locations and the most iconic ones at that. (Plus factoring in accessibility and proximity to tube stations.)

btw: The sites listed at the beginning of this thread were only ideas at that time and are not indicative of the final route.

O.K. sounds good, was going to head straight to Excel for 2.00 p.m. but will see if I can join you.

Also, if you (or anyone else who is interested in joining the tour) are on Facebook you can join the group "Sherlocked - The Event: introductions" There is more info there and is the best place for any updates. Hope to see you Friday!

Also, if you (or anyone else who is interested in joining the tour) are on Facebook you can join the group "Sherlocked - The Event: introductions" There is more info there and is the best place for any updates. Hope to see you Friday!

Thanks. Doesn't look like I will be able to make it in time now for the Tour. Hope you all have fun.

I hope you all have a lovely locations tour tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you enjoying it.

For those of us meeting for at the Watson exhibition at 7 - silly question, I know. But are we coming dressed ready for the party later, or going off to change after? The latter would be my preference, but I'm happy to be guided by others - any cosplayers might have their own view!

I hope you all have a lovely locations tour tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you enjoying it.

For those of us meeting for at the Watson exhibition at 7 - silly question, I know. But are we coming dressed ready for the party later, or going off to change after? The latter would be my preference, but I'm happy to be guided by others - any cosplayers might have their own view!

The parties won't really getting going until after 9 anyway, they never do. If you're only in the Ibis or Ibis Styles or Novotel, you'll have time to go back and change, if necessary.

• Like 1