Sherlocked Meetups

MildGrooveOn

"Emergency services were called to the Excel Center tonight in the largest case of a mass collapse ever seen. The crowd swiftly recovered when rumours of the arrival of someone identified only as The Big BC circulated. Reports are sketchy but it is thought that the possible cause may have been a sighting of the rare lesser spotted M.Freemantius, the side effects of which is well documented and can include fainting and raised blood pressure.

Local hospitals were overwhelmed but the afflicted were swiftly treated and released with the application of a topical Deerstalker."

• Like 4

I can confirm that speaking with "M.Freemantius" does in fact result in raised blood pressure, rapid breathing, and a dizzy/euphoric sensation. There was, however, no fainting. These symptoms were the same on two occasions and thus can be considered verified.

• Like 2

I'd be more likely to recover thanks to the application of topical Cumbers!

Sorry, can't help it. This puts me in mind of some Shakespeare:-

"Get you some of this distilled Carduus Benedictus,

and lay it to your heart: it is the only thing for a qualm."

The play is called " Much Ado About Nothing", but I don't think that applies here, do you? :whistling:

Aren't Sherlock fans an educated bunch? :lol:

• Like 3

Just curious--is anyone up for doing SOHO pubs one of the evenings post-con?

When it comes to independent night life, it's roughly the only other place I want to hit.

Recommendations? Stay away froms?

Tentative day - 27 or 28..?

No ideas to suggest at the moment. My pub experience usually runs more to lunches or early dinners before the theatre.

There are a few to avoid that are... Starbucked. (You're a Martin fan, you've seen The World's End, right?) A string of "different" pubs with the exact same menus, same 'art' on the walls. It's a sad and surreal experience.

I wouldn't be able to come as I can't get the day off work :no: but whenever you all get to do it I hope you have a wonderful time and get to see lots of the locations and have a fantastic time.

You could always call in sick.

• Like 2

My train doesn't get in till 2pm, kinda wish I'd gone for 3 nights now but it was another £100 plus for another night so i just stuck to two. Like Ray says, hope you all have a blast (but you won't have as much of a blast as you would have had with me there obv :P )

• Like 2

Welcome to the madness ascendant.angel. :) I'm sure you'll be more than welcome to join us all. When are you getting into London and what hotel are you staying in?

I'm staying in the ibis (the one thats slightly closer) and i don't know some time before registation at 2 :D hadn't thought that through, I'm actually not that far away, the hotel was more of treat so i'd have not have to worry about missing the last train home.

Ah ok, different one to me then. Part of me wishes I'd seen that one when I booked mine as I didn't know there were two but then the styles one is supposedly 3* though I doubt there is much difference really. Cool that you live close but yeah, sometimes it's nice not to have to worry about trains.

I'd like to meet up. I'm little nervous coming alone. I'm not sure I won't be in total melt down on friday morning though with packing and travelling and booking into my hotel. I'd love to join you for pre party meal though.

If you do get into town friday morning, it looks like we'll be starting off our meet-up/visit to filming locations outside Speedy's at about 10. :smile: