SHERLOCKED Hype & Preparations Fun

MildGrooveOn

:WAVE: Aimee

Just a thought. We are from diverse countries and speaking English more or less fluently. Last year I was at a fair in France and had an idea of patch showing the languages you speak (I don't speak a word in French) as country flags. I've got some very positive feedback. This time I printed stickers that can be attached to clothing - country flags and a note that my English is a bit rusty - so I don't have (I hope so) to remain people to speak... carefully. :rolleyes:

There is nothing more pathetic than two countrymen trying to comunicate in a foreign language they hardly speak. :P

Another cosplay idea: Body in a body bag.

I think my brain tries to lead me astray. Away from "what have I done" feeling.

Just discovered that the dust jacket of Sherlock Chronicles is bigger than A4. This would be the only thing I'd have for signing.

Have to rethink the protective sheath I knocked together. I'm definitely not taking the whole book with me. :mellow:

Edited by J.P.

Yep, the notes are huge. But wait until you have to deal with coins. :P

Thanks for the gifs BTW. I sneaked them right away for further use.

No offense to any Americans (as I don't know how they cope with their coins and notes) at least our money is distinct and easily identifiable. :whistling:

• Like 2

Yep, the notes are huge. But wait until you have to deal with coins. :P

Thanks for the gifs BTW. I sneaked them right away for further use.

No offense to any Americans (as I don't know how they cope with their coins and notes) at least our money is distinct and easily identifiable. :whistling:

OH SNAP

And agreed. I hate that. -_-

No offense to any Americans (as I don't know how they cope with their coins and notes) at least our money is distinct and easily identifiable.

I suspect that's the reason Americans invented the credit card. :poki:

• Like 1

American money is also visually boring. I love how the images on the back of British coins come together to make a shield and I love that they have a 1 pound coin (dollar bills get worn out so fast it's ridiculous.)

I haven't done any actual packing etc. so far, but I have been to the gym a bit more regularly recently to get into better shape and not collapse from exhaustion on Saturday already.

Also I don't have any Sherlock themed shirts or things to wear other than the button I had made for the annual Sherlock christmas card exchange that I organise, but I'll definetely wear that all weekend. And I've just started putting together a notebook for the whole trip where I note all my schedules (for trains, the convention schedule), any important info I need for the 5 days I spend in London as well as some room with some printed pictures for autographs.

I just hope I don't loose it because when the thing is finished they way I intend it to be, I'll be screwed without it. :whistling:

. By the way for anyone staying in an ibis hotel they don't keep hair dryers in rooms there are a limited number at each hotel at reception but it's first come first served so pack acordingly if this is an issue for you.

I'm in the Ibis Excel Styles and they have hair dryers in the rooms but it's a 3* as opposed to the 2* Ibis Excel so maybe that is why.

Edited by evilfairie

For everyone who will be starting to travel in the next few days, stay safe and I hope your flights ect are smooth and on time.

If you are flying keep an eye out for any lemons and if driving, look for yellow cars. ;)

I have finally got my suitcase out, it looks so small but costume first then worry about normal clothes he he

I hate packing as I always feel I have forgotten something so have to check several times before heading out the door...

Actually I should pack too, as I have planned. Still don't know what to pac as a protection sheath for the poster. 60x90cm could be a standard size... or not. It's funny nobody seem to know that.

Actually I should pack too, as I have planned. Still don't know what to pac as a protection sheath for the poster. 60x90cm could be a standard size... or not. It's funny nobody seem to know that.

I've no idea but at a guess doubt it will be bigger than A3 - which is 30 cam x 42 cm. That is a complete guess though.

Good question regarding posters. I think I have a mailing tube (I think they're called poster carrier in the US - you now, these long cardboard or plastic tubes) somwhere around which I'll bring to get the poster I'll have in my package safely home. They can be mailed too, if you can't get them in your luggage. That way you don't have to worry about having to fold the poster or get any creases in it.

Edited by BigBlue

Yepp. I have a cardboard tube that's even sturdier - it was a core of a big printer paper roll, so even an elephant can step on it. But it's useless if the poster sticks out. Can have a tube that's 36 inches long, but it won't fit into my bag! angry5-1.gif