Cancellations = still busy convention?

What with the recent spate of high profile cancellations, do you think this will have an adverse effect on the turn out? Or will it possibly mean that a good deal of visitors will attend simply to justify the price of admission that they've already paid for?

For my part I'm just going to soak up the vibe, support the show and do a bit of store browsing - the guests aren't doing it for me this year!

• Like 1

Tickets are also flawed, would have loved to have been able to give my ticket to my sister, shame you need to show up with ID.

They're not flawed - they're non transferable. That's why you have to show up with ID. Otherwise nothing would stop people buying large numbers of tickets for example for a photoshoot of a popular guest and sell them at massively inflated prices.

• Like 1

Worst line up yet for a Cardiff Event. Its a shame that tickets cannot be handed back but that's the nature of this hobby of ours.

One person's worst line up is another persons dream line up. It is all subjective

I think i'm missing something here? Keep reading about ID? Am I right in saying we have to show ID at each photo shoot to prove it's me etc? If so this is really getting silly and out of hand?

So I hand over my Enormous E Ticket, wait for it to be scanned... Crew check the Scanner then ask me for my ID.. Come on guys I not buying booze. I really do hope the E Tickets get Scraped and lets go back to the nice little tickets that are easy to read...

SM bring back our nice little tickets and stop with these E Ticket Rubbish...

What happens if I have no ID... What ID do you want? Gas Bill? A Photo ID... Really a good way of getting rid of people attending shows...

:no:

I think i'm missing something here? Keep reading about ID? Am I right in saying we have to show ID at each photo shoot to prove it's me etc? If so this is really getting silly and out of hand?

So I hand over my Enormous E Ticket, wait for it to be scanned... Crew check the Scanner then ask me for my ID.. Come on guys I not buying booze. I really do hope the E Tickets get Scraped and lets go back to the nice little tickets that are easy to read...

SM bring back our nice little tickets and stop with these E Ticket Rubbish...

What happens if I have no ID... What ID do you want? Gas Bill? A Photo ID... Really a good way of getting rid of people attending shows...

:no:

No, you're wrong.

No ID needed.

Sherlocked is ID when you pick up your package, Gold Pass requires ID. Photoshoots do not require ID. There was a misunderstanding about ID needed for entry at one point, but that has been clarified. No ID needed for entry either.

My first Cardiff event, so can't compare to previous but Saturday seemed to be well attended, fair sized queue for early birds in the morning.

Seemed fairly busy in the hall around the middle part of the day, but certainly not on a par with the busiest LFCC's where you sometimes struggle to move around the hall.

By later afternoon on Saturday much quieter though and could get to stalls better.

My main surprise was that although a lot of people were going in for Early Bird, not many of them seemed to actually be getting autos from the guests. I had met all the guests I wanted to and got autos comfortably before 10.00 a.m. which was very refreshing, meaning I could get on and enjoy the talks, have my photoshoots and browse the stalls later in the day.