Never attended before please help ;)

Hi all

I have never been to one of these. I am like most a mahoosive back to the future fan. I have to get a photo with christopher Lloyd and his autograph. Getting all the other bttf actors photo and autographs would also be amazing.

What ticket shall I get? Have looked at the diamond and gold etc. I have worked out that all photo and auto of bttf is £270 that is without entry.

So I guess my questions are what sort of time and day is best to go? Not sure I can make it more than 1 day.

How long roughly are the queue to get in? Also if I was to buy a diamond ticket and a standard Saturday or Sunday entry ticket do you take into account the time it take to get in?

Sorry for all the questions and I hope I have not duplicated others questions

Thanks

Colin

If Christopher Lloyd is your "have to get under all circumstances" guest I'd definitely go with the Diamond Pass - but remember it's an upgrade, you still need entry tickets. The downside is you say you can only make one day and the activities will be spread out over Saturday and Sunday.

Generally the earlier you can get there the better. If you want all the BTTF guests I'd recommend going bot hdays honestly speaking.

I am trying to work out what to get. Am I better off with a gold pass does that get you in without having to queue, also it looks like it allows you to join back of any queue (apart from diamond guest) would that be a better option. Eg I get there and head straight for Lloyd queue, then go for the others straight after.

• Moderators

I am trying to work out what to get. Am I better off with a gold pass does that get you in without having to queue, also it looks like it allows you to join back of any queue (apart from diamond guest) would that be a better option. Eg I get there and head straight for Lloyd queue, then go for the others straight after.

Hi Colin

It really depends what you want to get from the weekend,if over the course of the two days you have a lot of guests that you want to meet then gold pass is a good choice as you will have priority at autograph and photo queues, with the exception of diamond guests and as you have mentioned if you have your gold pass you will have priority entry and be able to get in before general admission tickets and get a VQ ticket for Lloyd.

Alternatively if you didn't want to fork out for a gold pass and really just want Lloyd you may be best going with a weekend ticket and getting lloyds diamond pass and getting your other autographs over the course of the weekend

Hi Colin

It really depends what you want to get from the weekend,if over the course of the two days you have a lot of guests that you want to meet then gold pass is a good choice as you will have priority at autograph and photo queues, with the exception of diamond guests and as you have mentioned if you have your gold pass you will have priority entry and be able to get in before general admission tickets and get a VQ ticket for Lloyd.

Alternatively if you didn't want to fork out for a gold pass and really just want Lloyd you may be best going with a weekend ticket and getting lloyds diamond pass and getting your other autographs over the course of the weekend

I might be wrong but my understanding is that a gold pass would mean you don't need a vacation for Lloyd. It would only be Diamond ONLY guests that the gold pass doesn't work for.

• Moderators

Hi Colin

I might be wrong but my understanding is that a gold pass would mean you don't need a vacation for Lloyd. It would only be Diamond ONLY guests that the gold pass doesn't work for.

Lloyd is a Diamond Guest so as i understand it even gold pass holders will have no priorities here and will need VQs, I could be wrong but that is how I understand it

That is correct I would need a VQ ticket. That was my initial question, if I turn up I would try to get a VQ for lloyd as soon as I get there and then join the others.

Apologies for all the questions I have never been. So does a VQ ticket have a specified time on it and you just start to queue at that time.

As much as it would be awesome to get all the pics and autos with the BTTF gang not sure how much money or time I would have. I have looked at the Diamond option with a weekend ticket and its £180. If I get a Gold Pass its £225 and then I have to pay for the auto and photo with lloyd.

Tbh at this rate I am looking at £500 or so for all of them if I get a Gold Pass. Also for those that have been here before roughly how long are the queues for the autos?

Cheers

Colin

• Moderators

Queues for autos vary from guest to guests some guests will run on VQs all day others will have an open queue, I've attached the link to last years FAQ which has a whole section on how it works which is very useful if this is your first time

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83162&view=findpost&p=1841923&hl=frequently

• Moderators

Maybe I should go for a Gold ticket and make sure I go on all 3 days. Surely I will get all if I go 3 days.

Last year I had 18 photo ops and wanted to meet those 18 for multiple autographs and did it all very swiftly with a gold pass, obviously this year there is now diamond guests which will mix it up a little but still highly recommended going gold

Ah so to get the doc you recommend the diamond pass? Well no surprise there then.

Christopher will be busy no doubt, but he will see non-Diamond guests too for sure. But if he's your must have and you don't want to miss him under any circumstances: yes, I recommend a Diamond Pass. I personally like to play safe. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your help guys. Best Boy - did you get that over the weekend or just 1 day?

I guess my concern is that with the Photoshoots and autos I don't really want to overlap. ny tips on this shall I buy all the photo shoots for 1 day and get the autos on another.

Edited by Colinb07958

I split the photos across 2 days (7 on each) but I managed to get most of the autos done in one day. I think I only had to get 5 on the Sunday and that were guests that were only appearing that day.

By the way, Best Boy is my forum rank (it changes with the more posts you make), Wrong Name is my name! (or Sam really!) but don't worry.

• Like 1

Brilliant just goes to show how new I am to this. lol

Ok well the photo shoot with delorean is Sunday so need to go then anyway. I may also try Friday as it might not be as busy as the weekend days. To keep cost down I might just get the photo with lloyd. All with the Gold pass auto and photo is just over £500...WOW. If they add any more BTTF I will have to get a loan lol

Hey Colin.

I don't think a gold pass is needed in your situation. With the exception of Chris Lloyd, the current BTTF guests wont be too busy compared to other guests announced so far. You probably wont need a VQ ticket for them. Standard entry tickets will do just fine.

With regards to the diamond pass, if you want the talk and other stuff then I would go for it. If you are just looking at a photo and auto then I would do them separately and not bother with the pass.

I wouldn't worry at all about not meeting him, so long as you turn up early in the queue you'll get a low vq number.

Cheers Dixon_Hill

If I was to get a Gold ticket would that not pretty much guarantee me a low VQ ticket as would be one of the first in? I would be travelling down from Essex so quite like the idea of not queueing up too early if that makes sense?

You do not need a VQ ticket with your Gold Pass. You just show the ticket and go straight in the autograph line.

If you have longer travel the Gold Pass will certainly be helpful.

If you get a gold ticket it would mean you dont have to queue at all for the guests. No VQ is needed which is awesome. The thing about the gold pass though is it helps people who are seeing a load of the 'big' guests and have photo ops on the same day. So what the pass does is free you up a lot of time and there is less stress. As I said, unless you plan on seeing a few more big guests it isn't really worth the value to be honest.

This years event will be a lot bigger and some ticket alterations have been made, but if you got in the queue maybe an hour before opening, you should have a low VQ number when you get inside. I doubt you would have to wait more than an hour or two once inside. Plus, that time while you wait for your number you can see all the other guests.

I don't really know about travel from Essex, but as I said, unless you think you're gonna see loads of big guests its not really worth it.

Or just wait for the doors to open and get trampled on when everyone starts jumping the line or wait for the inevitable surge of people who turn up in a mini bus or limo and get let in to the line by someone they know who was sent ahead so they could have a lie in and not get up at stupid o clock like the rest of us....