My review

Where do i begin -some stories from today

People that got there for 9am early bird - didnt get until 90 minutes later.

People that got there for 11am entry who hadnt pre booked entrance tickets had a 3 to 4 hour wait. they were told at the start of the queue - but no more info whilst queuing - people were going to the front entrance to enquire about times - there was no one monitoring the queue - people were on their own.

i over heard that someone had a 1:30pm photo shoot and was told the night before when they booked the ticket that if they got there for 11am they would be okay getting in. So they were given misinformation. They went twice to the front entrance today as they knew that if the queue was 3-4 hours long they wouldnt get in for the 1:30pm shoot. No one could help them.- not sure if they gave up and went home. they certainly couldnt get a refund today.

Around 12:30pm the outside queue for general tickets stopped - no info given - it was only when someone from the line went to the front entrance to enquire that they were told that earls court had reached capacity.

Question for Showmasters: at 11am you had volunteers telling people about the 3-4 hour wait. that takes the time to 3pm - by this time most fo the photoshoots and autographs tickets would have been sold out for that day - so what would people do when they got there? Wade through the crowds to look at some merch/autograph stalls??? How greedy can you be - instead of informing people you let them queue.

Someone queued for four hours to see Sherilyn Fenn only to see that her name was scrubbed off the boards - the volunteers wasnt sure as to what happened there.

for the 'lucky' people that got in - earls court was dangerously busy- i am sure that showmasters were getting very close to violating health and safety codes. if there would have been a fire - forget it. people either would have been crushed or burnt to death.

queue for photos, queue for toliets, queue for food, queue, queue, queue.

I was speaking to various people and not one person said that they were enjoying it.

How is this enjoyable for people? Even for the gold pass people - they still had to wade through the crowds.

In the photo queues - chaos - there didnt seem to be enough volunteers, if at all and they were swamped.

it is obvious that Showmasters are just seeing the pound signs now - getting as many people crammed into earls court as possible.

Showmasters is not getting another penny of my money.

Shame on you.

Edited by Queen_Sindel
title edited
  • Like 4

queue for photos, queue for toliets, queue for food, queue, queue, queue.

I thought this is what we British are mean't to do? Queue.

I enjoyed my day. The only frustrating bit was people looking round the stalls, but what can you expect with that number of people. All in all had a great day.

I saw there were concerns, I can't complain overall I was in within minutes of opening thanks to my 7.30am arrival and I got to meet all my guests almost immidiatly and had a wonderful Experiance (Milo Ventimiglia remembered me after my autograph in his photo session :D)

Inside was a concern though as it was packed

I agree with most of the above, the queueing was horrendous and it was as bad as it was on the outside as it was on the inside.

Inside was so busy couldn’t really move, if there was a fire then only god knows what would happen. There didn’t seem enough staff to answer people’s enq, and not enough boards telling people information.

Getting in seemed like a scramble and no order to it.

To be honest I didn’t enjoy it today and won’t be coming to this particular convention again. I will be going to Milton Keynes.

• Like 2

julieannboo: SM are not online, that was me who changed the title of this.

As I have said a couple of times before: it is obvious there were problems and I have no problem whatsoever letting you voice your concerns. But as soon as foul language, profanities, fighting or as in your case random accusations start I have to step in. I have left your statements untouched, but the title was definitely over the line.

I think Excel could be a good venue to use, probably a lot more expensive but could fit the capacity

Excel is most likely out for contract reasons which I can't further explain.. I am treading on the verge of the forum rules with this statement already. ;)

Me and my oh loved it today. We got there at 9 with prepaid spent ages walking around trying to find end of queue but once we found the queue by the transformers we were in in about 10mins. Yes it was busy inside but it seemed to be mainly around popular stalls like the comic book one. Once moved on toward signing there were large open spaces. My only bug bear was the sherlock preview. We queued an hour then they spilt the queue sent us to a further door which meant they got the front. We then discovered they had let the back of the queue go in another entrance so we were at least half way back n couldn't hear a thing.