Any handy hints?!

This is my first ever Comic Con & Im taking my 14 year old. Does anyone have any handy hints to make the day run as smoothly as possible? Or is it a fingers crossed & hope for the best! We have Friday photo shoot with the main man himself Stan Lee & Sunday with the same shoot & an audience with Stan Lee, I must check the time for that...... anyway are there any hints for what not to miss, what is a must do/see? Thank you & I hope everyone has a brilliant weekend <3

if your 14 year old likes wrestling, which I think is a good chance, then make sure you take him/her to meet the wrestlers and get their autographs. generally look at what photoshoots etc you have and plan your day around those

that's what im doing. planned my day around the photoshoots and free talks im doing on saturday

Edited by brooketessmacherfan
  • Like 1

It will be busy but take your time getting around the halls.

Take some food and drink with you.

Don't be afraid to ask cosplayers for photos as none of them ever seem to mind. I will be cosplaying on the Sunday. Its great fun.

• Like 2

Comfortable shoes & bottled water are a must. Snacks to keep your energy up.

If possible have a plan already in place of where and when you need to be places - It will be busy but it will also be friendly too.

• Like 1

I have a 14 year old who will be there this year too, if they are anything like mine then plenty of money will be required as they seem to be into all the things that are big and have lots of merchandise on offer. There is so much going on this year they wont be bored. I would advise bringing water and snacks as they tends to be quite pricey on site.

• Like 1

I guess it depends on what you are both interested in, but if you are a Comic fan in general have a look at what other comic artists are there over the weekend, if you have any comics they have worked on, they will usually sign these for you for free (note, this does not apply to Stan Lee). The comic artists will also do sketches for you of a range of characters, which they will charge for, but I think they are well worth the money and you might be able to tie it in with a guest that might be there and then get them to sign , for example if a comic artist would do a sketch of Sabretooth you might be able to get Tyler Man to then sign this sketch as well, Tyler played Sabretooth in the 2000 X Men movie.

If you do have some time, also check out the games area, they normally have some really cool retro games as well as more recent ones and me and my sons normally spend a bit of time in this area during the day.

Free talks are always good as well, can be very entertaining , so keep an eye out for those times as well which will be across various stages and will include authors, artists and media guests.

As others have said, probably worth bringing some food and water with you as well as it is pretty expensive in the hall.

Most of all though, soak in the atmosphere and have a great weekend.

• Like 1

Free talks are always good as well, can be very entertaining , so keep an eye out for those times as well which will be across various stages and will include authors, artists and media guests.

They're also a great chance to just have a nice sit down.

• Like 2

Thanks so much everyone for all your help, I feel a bit more settled now :) I hadn't considered snacks or drinks so that's great! Is it ok to ask people in Cosplay for photos? that's cool, my son does love Harley Quinn in particular!! Will look out for the comic artists too, brilliant advice :D

• Moderators

Most cosplayers are more than happy to pose for a photo (with you or alone) if asked nicely, and much prefer it to people just randomly taking pics when they're trying to eat lunch or whatever.

• Like 1