Choosing Photo Sessions/Autographs

Then yes, that seems like a reasonable expectation.

I just thought maybe, if it calms down at some point, then a member of staff would let me in for a few seconds without getting an autograph.

Considering she's there for one day, I do feel like that's expecting too much. Especially since you're not even paying.

The only way you can speak to her without paying is if it is an open que and the best chance of that happening is near the end of the day when things are quieter. Open ques mean you can literally speak to them at the table and pay at the table.

• Like 1

I just thought maybe, if it calms down at some point, then a member of staff would let me in for a few seconds without getting an autograph.

Considering she's there for one day, I do feel like that's expecting too much. Especially since you're not even paying.

I understand. I will be paying out for a photo session though. I just thought it might be worth a shot, maybe not I don't know.

I understand. I will be paying out for a photo session though. I just thought it might be worth a shot, maybe not I don't know.

Chances are you won't just be able to slip in the autograph queue, she will be busy as has been said so the priority will be payin people. If you got an autograph as well as a photoshoot then you could do that but remember if her queue is long don't expect much conversation as others will be movin alon to get her autograph.

Get both, get the best of both worlds then! :)

This is what I do - usually it's a good icebreaker too as they spend hours signing the same photo over and over again...

Edited by Zahariel

If it's an open que then do what you like. You wont be standing in line like a school pupil lol. Fingers on lips boys and girls! And remember and think of the person behind you before you think of yourself even though they are paying the same money you are. Don't chat too long think of their poor tired legs standing in line behind you lol. I made myself laugh.

And that's the key I think shayson. Let it work itself out on the day, don't worry about it now. Don't let others bring you down, the last think you want is to go there worrying. Whether you wait till her que is quiet or if it ends up an open que at the end of the day or if it's mega busy, when you meet her and give her your present or you get your autograph just talk to her. Never mind the internet and what others are doing. There is no way she is going to take a gift from you and NOT acknowledge it. Of course she's gonna ask about it because everyone loves gifts and shes just a regular person like you or me. Look at Stan Lee, you can bet there will be people taking things to him he's never seen before and he will ask about them.

Edited by 1of2
Link to non-SM event removed.

If it's an open que then do what you like. You wont be standing in line like a school pupil lol. Fingers on lips boys and girls! And remember and think of the person behind you before you think of yourself even though they are paying the same money you are. Don't chat too long think of their poor tired legs standing in line behind you lol. I made myself laugh.

And that's the key I think shayson. Let it work itself out on the day, don't worry about it now. Don't let others bring you down, the last think you want is to go there worrying. Whether you wait till her que is quiet or if it ends up an open que at the end of the day or if it's mega busy, when you meet her and give her your present or you get your autograph just talk to her. Never mind the internet and what others are doing. There is no way she is going to take a gift from you and NOT acknowledge it. Of course she's gonna ask about it because everyone loves gifts and shes just a regular person like you or me. Look at Stan Lee, you can bet there will be people taking things to him he's never seen before and he will ask about them.

There's a difference between talking and being unreasonable, people are queuing so the more someone talks the less people can meet the guest later on. No one said not to talk and by all means say hi etc.) but with a guest like Jenna she will be busy all day most likely and it's completely unfair to talk for a while if others are also Queuing to meet her.

If it's an open queue then sure talk longer but with Jenna I can't see her being an open queue

Edited by mflowers

It's enough for him to say hello, ask a question, give her the gift and whatever conversation happens will happen with Jenna talking.

No one is going to pass up a conversation with someone that they have stood and waited in line hours for and paid money to see. This is one thing that baffles me. I don't know if it's a new British thing, it definately is a Scottish thing. No one cares about anyone else and if you stick them in a situation where they've stood, literally stood for hours on end to meet someone and then paid money on top of that to meet them, any goodness that was there originally goes out the window. That's how we are in the UK, we're known for being miserable as sin. The OP will find this out, he will look back on this thread and realize I told him the truth. When he's stood for over 3 hours before the doors even open, his mindset like many others is restlessness and just get in, get what you need done and get out. It's a stress for many people. The payoff comes when you get what you need done. That's what makes it worthwile. That's what you get out of it so when people meet their idols and heroes.....of course they want to talk to them because that is why they are there.

Now by this point, if the goodness in their heart that was there maybe 3,4,5 hours prior is still there and they're really up beat and positive there is every chance they might just say you know what, I'll think about everyone else rather than myself. I've stood for 5 hours so I'll just not bother saying anything, i'll just try and hurry up and get my signature and get out but knowing Britain and how false we all are to each other in everyday life I can't see that happening. I don't know anyone in real life that would do that because that is what you are asking people to do. Morally it might be right but we don't live in a moral world. Look at Stan Lee. Do you really believe there isn't gonna be people that are so emotional and excited to meet him that they wont try and get a hello and a handshake off him? I bet you there will be people that will delibaretely bring as many items as they can to get signed just to spend more time with him and a get a quick word with him while he is signing and even though morally that might be the wrong thing to do, in reality, that person is probably a huge huge fan, probably more so than the person behind them just getting an 8x10 and if they're paying all that money and they are huge fans or Stans of Stan lol.......then morally....you could look at that situation and think, why ruin it for that fan? That's what these events are designed for, for fans. That's why the guests sit behind a desk, it's for the fans to get up close and personal. If it was only about the signatures then Showmasters would just Fed Ex a box of 8x10s.

Signatures are a bonus. The real reason people go is to meet the person. You can't please everyone. That's why these events are spread across a weekend. Hopefully over the 3 day period everyone will be pleased but it will never happen. But if you're there early enough and you've put in the time for it and you've prepared for it then you deserve anything you can get, even if it is just a 30 second conversation. It's just like someone said before about people letting others join the que outside at 9am, just walking into line while everyone else who has stood for hours still has stand in line. It's the British thing to do though to not say anything rather than saying something but I think the person behind them deserves more time with a guest than someone who walks right in when they feel like it. That's why I told him to get there early and get to her que for a VT right away, that's why I said have your camera ready or your phone ready and if there's no posed photo sign to not be afraid to ask her at her table for a quick photo. The people jumping the que are wrong, that's just one thing in a long list of things that will happen because like I said, people put themselves first and no one deserves to lose out but someone who has spent weeks prior preparing to meet a guest, just for their own personal need, nothing financial or professional...shouldn't be put off by anyone and that is how a lot of people come across online. I think if many people got their way it literally would just be lifeless. It would be like shopping Tescos. Just very bland and nothing happening. That's just life. If anything you guys should be the ones most excited because you're on the official forum. Yous are already like super fans of these events and the guests they have. You deserve to have a good time and not just assume the worst all the time and that everyone will be busy and there wont be time for anything and need to do this and do that. If you put in the time......and it's free.....and you get there early. You wont have a worry in the world that day at the show. But you need to put in the time for it.

Okay guys, we're just at the point the whole thread derailed last time. So I am going to put on the mod cap and step in now.

thewizard, I realize that you have a different opinion about the whole signature thing than the large majority of the users on the forum. This is okay, we do not expect everyone to agree. However, please respect other opinions. You basically tell other people their opinion is wrong.

Signatures and a meet are normally a combination for these events. On which part you put the emphasis: your decision.

But expecting the meet part without paying for the signature for an extremely popular guest like Jenna is just asking for trouble. You're saying yourself "If she goes open queue." Chances for that are very slim at best. Meeting Jenna by just walking up to her was impossible last time due to demand, and this event is even larger than the last one she was at. I hope for the OP's sake you are correct. I really do. But please respect what the others are trying to do. The other people who have posted are being realistic and are trying to keep a new attendee from being disappointed.

• Like 8

Is there any chance WHATSOEVER that if I buy a photo session, if at some point her 'autograph' queue is minimal, I could slip in just to have a quick hi and give her a present? I heard that this sometimes can happen, and thought if it clashes at all with Stan Lee it may be slightly quieter?

If I was you, I'd buy a photo with her, then you'll always have that memento you want. But when you get to the event get a virtual queue ticket for her also. Wait till she's not busy and give her the present.

Edited by Murph

Worst case scenario, take the present with a note and hand it to the crew member she was with. Might not get to speak to Jenna directly, but she would get your present.

• Like 1

That's why I told him to get there early and get to her que for a VT right away, that's why I said have your camera ready or your phone ready and if there's no posed photo sign to not be afraid to ask her at her table for a quick photo.

To clarify for the OP of this thread - those signs are normally there at the request of the agent and/or guest. Please respect them. By ignoring them you are effectively insulting the guest (plus the other attendees in the queue), and will just create an awkward situation between you and the guest.

If the sign says no posed photo then it is okay to take a candid photo, ie of them signing. It is not okay to ask them to pose either, with you, or holding your autographed item etc

If the sign says no photos then you are not allowed to take any photos of the guest.

There are many reasons why the signs may be in place and the specific reason for that guest are not always made aware to attendees, quite often for personal reasons (bad back, aversion to flashes, etc) on the part of the guest.

It is that simple, and the signs should be obeyed and respected by ALL attendees.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys, we're just at the point the whole thread derailed last time. So I am going to put on the mod cap and step in now.

thewizard, I realize that you have a different opinion about the whole signature thing than the large majority of the users on the forum. This is okay, we do not expect everyone to agree. However, please respect other opinions. You basically tell other people their opinion is wrong.

Signatures and a meet are normally a combination for these events. On which part you put the emphasis: your decision.

But expecting the meet part without paying for the signature for an extremely popular guest like Jenna is just asking for trouble. You're saying yourself "If she goes open queue." Chances for that are very slim at best. Meeting Jenna by just walking up to her was impossible last time due to demand, and this event is even larger than the last one she was at. I hope for the OP's sake you are correct. I really do. But please respect what the others are trying to do. The other people who have posted are being realistic and are trying to keep a new attendee from being disappointed.

Thank you everyone who has posted anything at all, sorry if I offended anyone by 'expecting too much'. I know exactly what I'm going to do now, and I hope I can see you all there :)

Worst case scenario, take the present with a note and hand it to the crew member she was with. Might not get to speak to Jenna directly, but she would get your present.

Ah, this is what I was wondering if I could do. Give a present to a crew member to give to her.