Is the line up for C5 Good Enough ???

keith

Just thought I'd try and put things into perpective.

Some people have expressed disappointment that the stars announced for C5 are not 'up to standard' - I guess after Elijah, Sean and Dom at C4, maybe not

BUT Hold on

Compare the line up so far with other similar shows.

I'm sure BIG Shows are much better......If you think so, maybe time for a reality check.

Take a look at their guest list. Do you see an Elijah? A Sean ? Dom? Nope, not even close. Do they have Viggo, Orlando ??? No and I'm sure C5 will not have either, but just take a step back and realise that for Star Trek fans C5 has at least 3 MAJOR cast members and several lesser ones.

Add to that MAJOR Star Trek characters like Chebacca and Darth Maul and an assortment of interesting other characters from the movies

Add on both FREDDY KREUGER and JASON VOORHEES - you have 2 MAJOR Horror characters

Then for the legions of LOTR fans two more good quality - if not quite 'A list' - characters in BRAD DOURIF and CRAIG PARKER backed up by FOUR other cast members!

Oh yes and not forgetting JOEY PANTS from one of the most popular US TV Shows in the past couple of year, who also in the MATRIX.....and others like CORIN NEMEC, BRIAN BLESSED, CLINT HOWARD

And how much is this varied and interesting line up going to cost you to get in to see - £10, £20 - £35 ??? Because that's what the shows I mentioned earlier will be charging.

Sometimes I think that we are all guilty of losing a link to reality. Around 30 Movie/TV Actors will be brought to a Shopping Centre near you FOR FREE, in the very near future.

I would like to add that I have absoutely no vested interest in writing this small post of positivity. I am possibly the only person here not to have seen Return of the King or Two Towers. I do enjoy Sci Fi, but am not 'big' on horror and to be perfectly honest, none of the guests announced 'floats my boat', BUT Collectormania remains - IMHO - A fantastic event bringing together fans and guests in a Public place for a whole weekend for FREE.

not that i do not agree that the line up for c-5 is good , cuz it is

qustion is : are thay worth me paying for a plane ticket ? so far for me the answer is no

and i love ST , SW ,and afcures LOTR , AND if i lived in the UK i would go to c-5 with out thinking !!!!! but i dont :wub:

I'm not sure the guest list is quite up to previous standards, but as I stated in another thread, raising the bar to such a high level as SM's did with C4 and LFCC is playing a dangerous game.

They can't and won't always be able raise the bar to that height or higher in future events, and every time they don't, people will grumble.

The people who grumble seem to mainly be LOTR fans who don't understand that Ian Makellen, Christopher Lee, Orlando Bloom etc don't or rarely do conventions.

I'd like to see some major X-Men actors/actresses, (I know Ray Park is coming) but again they are huge stars who just don't do this sort of thing.

SM please note that Admiral Bear loves Rebecca Romijn-Stamos! :wub:

It's a fact that very few actors do the convention circuit, so every year you will tend to get the same people appearing. When this happens, organisers have to raid the "obscure list" just to find some different actors, something which in my opinion SM have done with C5. I doubt this was done out of choice, but at the end of the day, they've got who they could get without allowing repetition to occur.

But the guest list is still far superior to anything that anyone else has to offer.

I'm a Trekkie, so I'm happy. :wub:

Oh, and I haven't seen The Two Towers or Return of the King either. . .Call me a philistine, but the first one bored me to tears.

Respect

Admiral Bear

Edited by Admiral_Bear

Yes, there is too much Star Trek, but then there's also too much LOTR and Star Wars! LOL

I agree with the idea of Star Trek talk. . .would be really good. But I've already seen Gates in an hour long Q&A, so for me, there wouldn't be much to be had from another talk.

Would like to hear from Denise about her memories of the first TNG season though.

Respect

Admiral Bear

Well said people. I think the line up, although not quite as strong as previous SM events, is still by far the best line up of all the upcoming con's. I'm very much looking forward to meeting Ray Park, Joe Pant', Robert Englund and Brad Dourif.

Apart from that I think that it is the best organised event of all the con's I have experienced with probably the best atmosphere and friendliest people. I look forward to C5 with great anticipation ....

If there are further guest announcements in the run up to C5 then great, but I will be there regardless. In all honesty if the likes of Elijah et al don't turn up it's probably best for a lot of people, and I'm a LOTR fan. Last year was just crazy 1000's of girls shouting, faces pressed up against the window screaming at there every move it was just too much....

Cheers,

the_grapher :huh:

Hmm....

I think so the Star Trek line is enought good....

And the LOTR..... As I know - Viggo never goes to conventions, he doesnt like it and his art is in the centre and the exhibitions.

Orlando? Elijah? Im not sure the Collectormania group can win them to the CM5.... Or yes?

Craig and Brad is really good.

And where are the other SG1 actors? Only one? I would be happy to see there Richard Dean Anderson or Michael Shanks...... *Please God!*

Sheela

Although I still prefer the line-up from C4 I 'm not saying this one isn't good, I just prefer other films/shows. My dad is VERY excited about this one though coz usually he's walking round with me going "who's that from LOTR/Harry Potter?".......... tut tut. :P

I guess it's a personal opinion and some shows will be just be more expensive for some people, but I'm still gonna go coz it's a great day out just looking round the stalls and soaking up the atmosphere.

i think its ane xcellent line up for those who like say star trek star wars etc but im not desperate to meet them so im not that excited at present. however i think its good that this time the SMs have gone for other people, as if it was just HP and LOTR guests it wouldnt be fair to those who enjoy other programmes.

however i am still hoping for a HP guest

Edited by Cazzie15

Don;t yell at me but not really for me at the mo

I'm ment to be going for 3 days and i only want to meet 2 guests!!

So i'm kinda dissapointed cause this is the first time going for more than one day and now i'll prob have to cancel my accomodation and just go one day :D

It's my ruddy fault if i hadn't wanted to go more than one day they'd be too many guests to fit in one day :P

If only we could have say 2 lotr guests like Miranda and David or maybe a couple of buffy or harry potter guests

It's just annoying cause i've booked all these days off work

oh well i still have a lil hope that maybe they'll get that lotr guest ^_^

I had a blast at C4 and LOTR fans were spoilt rotten. Although there are no particular guests that i want to see at C5, you'll have no complaints from me. There are other fans to cater for and I am sure they will try and bring back the LOTR people again.

I just thinks its nice to see other fans having a turn!!!!!!!!!!

The only reason it isnt good enough for me is because im not really a fan of any of the guests that will be appearing this time.Im sure for the people who are big fans it will be as amazing as it was for the LOTR fans last year and the Tom Felton fans the year before :huh:

Im kinda disappointed as there is actually nobody I want to see, I would like to see more horror actors.

I have met Robert Englund at previous collecormania events.

I know Brad Dourif is going to be there but I dont hold out much hope of getting to see him as im sure the lotr fans will all be there.

I would of liked to of seen a new horror guest, like tom savini or somebody like that.

Without meaning to upset anybody, Some of the LOTR fans never seem to have enough. They always want more. I would be chuffed to bits if there was just one horror person I wanted to see.

i must say that i'm happy with the line up, just as i was with c4.

there are RARE rare guests going to c5 who do not do conventions very often like joe pants, penny johnson, gates mcfadden, brad dourif (does some but not often) and others.

they may not be from your favorite film or tv show but are rare. and i don't often see RARE peeps at other conventions. they are all the same old faces. so kudos for showmasters.

and people from oversea. stop whining! i'm flying in for this event as well and i must say that i wish i had gone to lfcc instead of c5, but i did have to make a choice. what's done is done. if you don't like it don't go.

of course you can say you are dissapointed but it never stops. every time i come to this board it's about how dissapointed people are that there aren't any 'big' lotr guests. i'm a big lotr fan as well but be realistic.

The fact Showmasters got Elijah, Sean and Dom to C4 was amazing, but these are all busy guys and any future convention appearances will be few and far between.

You have to remember that Collectormania sets out to cater for fans of as many shows as possible. It is not a LOTR event, nor has it ever pretended to be.

As I have said in previous threads this is a great list of guests and does cater for fans of a lot of different shows, it also boasts some people that you may have never even expected to see at an event such as this.

Personally , I think with Collectormania and the London Film and Comic Con, Showmasters are probably right at the top of the pile at the moment when it comes to organising these events and getting the guests in the U.K and probably Europe and they aren't that far off the biggest US conventions as well, so lets start giving them a bit more thanks for what they have done so far as if it wasn't for them there wouldn't even be this forum and you wouldn't have already met all those great guests.

Oh, and I haven't seen The Two Towers or Return of the King either. . .Call me a philistine, but the first one bored me to tears.
this is a really good example of how fights start.

We dont slag off what you are interested in, so return the favour. Whatever happened to ppl treating each other how they wanna be treated?!