E.T. cast appreciation

Sorry but I had to start a thread for this, since nobody else appears to have yet.

It was a surreal but wonderful experience seeing Dee and Robert at the show having watched them in the film for the past 30 years! They were both such lovely people and both shared some great anecdotes on the making of E.T.

Thanks Robert for sharing the fact that Dee bought the brand new car from the production after you accidentally drove it into the wall (a shot that Spielberg used) and got it cheap due to the damage that you had caused. Thanks also to the young American girl sat with Robert, who made sure he correctly quoted his line from the film in my autograph dedication.

I come to these shows to meet guests from my childhood favorite films and SM certainly delivered this year (here’s hoping for Henry Thomas and Peter Coyote at the autumn show).

2_etcast.jpg

• Like 2

THANK YODA!!!!!!! I'm glad you started this topic as I've still been euphoric with what happened over the weekend...

It was an absolute delight and a real pleasure to meet Caprice Rothe, for so long I've been waiting for that moment and for so long I had decided what it was I wanted. For me, it was quite something to actually meet E.T. because for me this WAS E.T.

Being touched by E.T. was quite awesome and out of this World:

IMG_9712_zpsb9171200.jpg

We chatted for quite a bit, she spoke about the choreography (THE TRUE MAGICK) and just how E.T. was brought to life, this was one heck of a Fantastic moment for me, I did have two requests for the desk photo, one I hoped she'd be ok with...

IMG_9719_zpsd3352e1e.jpg

ICONIC!!!!!!!

And one that I really wanted to happen, sometimes you're never too sure of how a Guest would be, and its only ever been the one time I've asked a Guest this... "Can I have a Hug?" she was a bit taken aback by this, but in a good way, it was as though no one else had asked her? This? I (know there was a bit of Fanboying on my part and like with Gillian last year I can't exactly remember it is what I said, but I said to her it would be Hugging E.T.

She was more than happy to oblige with this :)IMG_9720_zps2a3d7faf.jpg

I can now say, I've been Hugged by E.T. also, for those who remember when E.T. did hug Elliot he even rubbed his upper back? This is what Caprice did to me. There are no words.

If only I had E.T. on me back in August 2010.

DrewBarrymoreandI_zps6bd4f404.jpg

Rather than speak to Dee about the movie itself I spoke to her more about the Spiritual aspects (because I know that Dee is a fellow Spiritual Healer) as was E.T. and it was terrific to speak to her on such a deep and profound level.

IMG_0215_zpsb68eb979.jpg

Robert spoke with great admiration about his Director and he said how he was just one of the kids on set, and it was Roberts idea to add a little message to my E.T. DVD cover.

IMG_0184_zps157f616a.jpg

Did tell both Caprice and Robert about meeting the man behind the phenomenon, and recounted how after signing Indiana Jones for me, when I said "I also have E.T.!" to which the response was something I'll never forget, "You have E.T.?!?! Where?!?!" it was VERY clear from both of them that working with the Greatest Filmmaker of our Generation was a truly wonderful experience, and a look of happiness appeared on their faces (even those who were crewing with them) when I showed them the picture.

STEVENSPIELBERGANDIIMG_4015_zps251e6c62.png

E.T. isn't just a Film... Its a phenomenon, brought to life with talent, kindness and Love.

Edited by KingRichard76
  • Like 2

Robert was lovely!! He really was! We actually have a friend in common, so I went over to talk to him about that which made for a really interesting chat!

Stretched the finances just about to get a photo shoot and auto with him which made my day (and made my friend jealous), just a shame I couldn't afford to get Dee and Caprice (although I spent a while Saturday chatting to Caprice).

Would love to see them back over here again sometime!

Dee is amazing. I appreciate ET but as a horror fan meeting Dee was a real starstruck moment for me. She was so lovely and easy to talk to. Really hope she comes back to another event in the future as she is a true star.

I spent the whole day Sunday with Caprice, and she is SUCH a nice lady! It's just a shame that more people didn't realise how integralshe was to the production...

My thoughts exactly. she was one of the nicest Guests/Famous People I've met whether it be cons/prems etc etc. And like you say it is a shame that people don't realise her importance, after all if not for her #ET would be not as loveable/believable as he is :)