Please advise... first time LFCC

All lights green on going to LFCC 2013!!! As it's my first time coming down from NL, I would like some advise on; what airport could I best be flying to, is it Gatwick? And what about affordable, yet still decent hotels? I intend to arrive on Friday and leave Saturday evening, maybe Sunday morning. How's the transportation to Earl's Court? As hotels get fully booked soon and flight tickets sell out soon, I would make the final decisions this week ;) Any tips would be welcome and much appreciated :)

Hey there, Cyrus. As a fellow foreigner flying in from Europe, I would suggest Heathrow. Gatwick might be cheaper, but it's much further from the final destination. From Heathrow Airport, you could take the subway/tube directly to Earl's Court.

This is the center of London we're talking about unfortunately, hotels this close to the event would like Queen Sindel sad, sold out or very expensive, if you're able to get to a tube station, there is a underground station right next door to earls court!!

I would suggest Gatwick as its is actually closer to the centre of London the Heathrow is and from Gatwick you can get a direct train to London every fifteen minutes, called the Gatwick express you can then get a tube from London Victoria to earls court. As for hotels as people have said most of those close will be sold out or very expensive it being in the centre of London, try searching further afield maybe in Kensington or just on the outskirts, I can recommend a good hotel in London called ' The Ampersand' it might be a bit expensive but it is so very close to Kensington tube station , and it's a very nice hotel which I've stayed in twice or three times, highly recommended but it can be pricey depending on dates etc

We are also from the netherlands for first time lfcc,we are flying to gatwick ,we booked the flight months ago for 90€ pp.

We have a very early flight so we take the train to victoria and leave our luggage at the bag storage overthere to do tourist things before going to the hotel in the afternoon.

We stay at the travelodge fulham,close to the convention center.

you may all be aware of this but just in case: for cheap tube travel grab yourself an oyster card at a £5 deposit, use it while your in london and as long as you dont go into minus figures grab your deposit back! - this is the moment you think crap that £5 would have bought me a box of poky :'( x

Thank you all for the useful information. I am still in doubt about the hotels. Most of them are really expensive! I was thinking about €100-€125 for 1 night (2 persons). What area can I best be looking for? I don't mind to travel a bit, as long as it's below the hour ;) Any suggestions?

you may all be aware of this but just in case: for cheap tube travel grab yourself an oyster card at a £5 deposit, use it while your in london and as long as you dont go into minus figures grab your deposit back! - this is the moment you think crap that £5 would have bought me a box of poky :'( x

Yes, I am aware of it. Where can you purchase these tickets?

Thank you all for the help dand useful information :thumbup: I finally found a nice hotel in Westminster. A a bit more expensive but not major. Also the 30 minutes travel to Earl's Court is acceptable. After that I booked my flight tickets and LFCC tickets. Now I can sit down and relax for the next 2 weeks :closedeyes: Just one question about the Oyster Card, you charge the card and then you will be able to travel all day? Or is it charged every trip you make? I am moving around London during Saturday to see more than just the convention ;) Or is it better to purchase a travel card?