I have some questions

thewizard

Megabus is cheaper though.

I undestand all that about guests doing work but the living legend signed a year in advance last time and he's always working, he will always be under caution due to him having so many films he has going on. I think in this case SM have left it late to ask him, which is fine but if it was me I would have approached him sooner.

How much is Megabus?

Megabus is cheaper though.

I undestand all that about guests doing work but the living legend signed a year in advance last time and he's always working, he will always be under caution due to him having so many films he has going on. I think in this case SM have left it late to ask him, which is fine but if it was me I would have approached him sooner.

I'm not sure what your looking at but those dates aren't even on megabus site yet the ones nearest as showing just under 19.00 one way and 13 back not a huge difference.

We are all trying to help you.

I know what it's like to want to go for 1 guest when Jenna-Louise was accounced I only was going to see her and then other guests accounced later I wanted to see. My first coach of the day does not get down early enough so that's why I'm staying over the night before.

We all do our best to get to see guests we want to see and that's why we are helping you to because we know what it's like.

National Express shows up at £41 that's cheaper than my travel costs and I live just outside London :lol:

Travel card from my hometown - £13 then Euston to MK single - £14

On the way back Travelcard from MK - £20 then Marlybone to my hometown single - £7.10

so £54.10 in total for me.

thewizard, Megabus maybe cheaper, but you will be spending money getting from Kingston to the Stadium. Most likely a taxi, it is 4 miles away.

McDonalds will be open at 4 am, you can sit in there for a while, again spending money on food/drink.

You are going to need a taxi back also, especially if it is late at night, buses won't be running.

The free bus from the Stadium to the centre MK gives you access to lots of things to do, most things cost money, cinema, bowling, eating, drinking, ice skating, theatre.

ooo Thats a good idea, I might go clubbing on the friday night of this event because i'm going up on the friday!

I might join you for that! I'm going up friday and coming home sunday. I'm not much of a clubber but I'm one hell of a drinker!

Well until more effort is put into Collectormania Glasgow I've no option but to go to England [...]

[...] It's probably like a Gillian Anderson for you lot right? I remember last year the fuss you all made [...]

I think it's unfair to say not enough effort is put into Glasgow, I'm sure SM do the best they can, and it does get bigger every year. Also, we are all very aware that different guests are important for different people. Personally I wasn't interested in meeting Gillian because that's not the type of guest I go for, but if there was just one guest I wanted to see then I'd either decide it wasn't worth it and be pretty miffed about it for a while, or I'd just accept that I'd have to spend a lot of time and money on it. It's a very personal choice that you need to make, but you must remember that it isn't SM's fault that you have to make a tough call - they will never be able to make everyone happy.

Megabus can be very cheap but you need to time it right to get the tickets when they go on sale, the ticket prices then go up and up as the date gets closer so that's why I know it will be much cheaper on Megabus, probably around £5 each way. I know there is things to do but it's the times that I don't like. To leave there using the Megabus I need to be at the bus stop at 2am. It's the fact that it is at 2am that is the problem. I know in Glasgow there is some on the weekends that open during the night at the weekend but most cinemas do close before midnight as do theatres and even bowling alleys; If i do go I'll do all that and pass the time. I can't see National Express getting much cheaper but if they do get cheaper 6 weeks before it I will check them out and see what the costs are, the times are at least more reasonable. I do think with the Megabus that it's basically the one leaving from London to Glasgow and it's just making a stop there rather than an actual bus leaving MK. It's an issue I have with Megabus and the fact that it is only once a day and the facf that if it wasn't for those times I know I'd get a really good deal with them.

And people say £40 isn't really bad for a return in travel.80'saction fan you really should be looking at alternate ways to travel. You would love the Megabus. I'll keep checking National Express and see nearer the time if anything does get cheaper. I'm trying to budget myself, it's not that I'm a miser that doesn't want to spend any money. I'm just trying to get the best deal and since it seems like right now there isn't much in the way of a really good deal for someone coming from Scotland at the moment and my experience has always been the quicker you book the cheaper it is. I will most likely end up going, I enjoyed meeting him in 2007. I know he got a little annoyed at people wanting him to sign Heroes stuff lol. I was number 9 in the Virtual Ticket que and one of the first in the door on the first day. I really didn't think he would come back to a show in the UK and I know doesn't like the UK now or the NHS or the government and is very outspoken about the UK. In 2007 I treated it as a one time thing, now I really am seeing it that way as he is 69 and doesn't seem to be slowing down. It's a different reason than most of you will have for meeting a guest. In a way it's like Vincent Price used to be. He did a bit of everything, classicly trained actor, worked in the theatre for many years, worked with all the best directors and actors, most of which are 6 feet under the ground now. He's a step up from most other actors. If people delved into his IMDB page you'd see some of the best actors and directors ever on there. So many stories to tell. I suppose Christopher Lee is a bit like that too. These are the kind of people you can meet and be humbled by them and just shaking their hand means something.

I'm not sure people are debating the merits of cheap travel, their point is the money you'd save getting here cheaper, would then be spent on doing things to occupy your time.

So you have to weigh up spending more on travel, but getting here in times you're happier with and then not having to spend more money doing things.

• Like 1

I don't drink and I'm not a fan of pubs and bars. Not for me. I think I'll just keep checking National Express and see what the prices are nearer the time as their timetable is a little more easier to work with than Megabus.

As much as Id like to Fooku I wont even ask because I got my knuckles wrapped elsewhere on here for joking about something similar. So to keep the peace I wont ask for names or addresses lol. I think National Express is the only decent option for me. It's the same way with Leeds. If you're coming from SCotland there's not a whole lot of options lol. Maybe you guys are the same if you ever come up to Scotland for the Collectormania shows, probably just depends which city you're in.