Meet-up Point/Group

OverGeek

I thought i might start making suggestions for meet-ups since that's probibly the best way to find out when the best times/dates are for everyone.

I thought it best to start with an event i know some on here are already going to, The Big Glasgow Comic Pub Quiz & Mini Comic Mart, happning on Sunday the 3rd February.

I think this would be a cool event to go as a group and we can have our own team (or teams) then try to win cool swag by answering comic related questions. It's a fun night, you can have a few drinks and mingle with fellow like minded folk, there's even a few who cosplay as comic charaters so it's a great atmosphere.

Feel free to add me if you've not already if your intrested in going. (or even if you can't make it, you can still add me anyways)

https://www.facebook...rns?ref=tn_tnmn

Edited by Brian Cairns

That would be interesting to get to. Will need to see about the getting there, but it might be doable.

Might be able to make the Comic Mart but not the Quiz. Anyone going to the Comic Mart, out of curiosity?

Edited by ZaraMcA

We should go out for a meal together somewhere for a wee catch up? Like all trek along to Frankie and Bennies (10 minute walk from Glasgow Central) and have a good catch up and a nice meal and get to see each other before the con. I can't do anything until next month as i'm skint right now but it's just a wee thought ^-^

• Like 1

I'm up for that StockingFairy, i think somewhere that we can all feel comfortable meeting up and can enjoy a meal is a great idea.

Plus i think everyone is the same right now, the start of a new year is always the hardest to go out and enjoy a social life.

I also have a suggestion for a semi-regular meet up for the first Wednesday of every month it's called Glasgore! and it's an enstablished Horror/Cult cinema discussion group that meet in the Glasgow Film Theatre.

It's totaly free and the next one will be this Wednesday 6th February at 7:30pm (ask at reception for details).

I know there's a few Horror fans here, so hopefully we can get a few on here going as well as meeting other likeminded folk.

• Like 2

Ok so going with StockingFairys suggestion, howabout we meet up this Sunday (17th) at the front enterance of The Quay around 5/6pm. We can get a meal, catch a movie and/or play a few rounds of pool or bowling if anyones up for that.

Just a reminder for a group meet up this Sunday (24th) at the front enterance of The Quay around 5/6pm. We can grab a meal then decide from there if anyones up for a movie, a game of pool or/and a few drinks ect.

I'm going to be setting up an offical Meet-up group with this planed as the first meet, i will add a link once all the details have been worked out. It would be great to get numbers and see just who is intrested in going to diffrent meets like this.

Edited by Brian Cairns