Have Tickets Been Posted?

claire316

Although everyone is guaranteed to be 'sorted out' by bringing along order confirmations, the added hassle of waiting in line is really annoying.

Why oh why dont showmasters catch up with other events (not just conventions) and use e-tickets and eliminate all the risk or non arriving tickets for late guest announcements, plus would cut out the postage fee for each order!

• Like 2

I'm going to assume that they would be looking at the logistics of changing over to an e-ticket system at some point but it's not something that can happen quickly, systems would need to be completely changed, and with events so close together it would take time to implement. They've just changed their photoshoot printing system which will have taken a large investment into equipment etc, so I personally wouldn't expect another large system change to happen anytime soon.

It would be a worthwhile investment and make things so much easier.

Hopefully they are looking at the whole credit card/ payment issue, pay pal is often used by alternative providers and in the event of a cancelation, I personally got an email from organiser & refund within 4 hours.

Techonlogy is the way forward, and would save showmasters so much time.

Paypal is a tricky one. I used to volunteer for a similar organisation, Paypal considered them "ticket agents" and would only allow them to use the facility if they could back up every £ spent with a £ of their own because apparently ticket agents get a lot of chargebacks. Paypal as a payment method for anything that isn't a physical product isn't considered a good idea, and with Paypal transaction charges for merchants being as high as they are, prices would probably have to be increased to cover those charges. I work for a small online retailer and we offer Paypal for customers' convenience, but the costs to us are huge from fees and really we wish we didn't have to offer it.

Edited by jael001

Pretty sure Jason ruled out e-tickets at the moment due to the cost of bar code readers.

But there are plenty of e-ticketing providers which get paid out of the booking fee charged to the customer and will either rent the scanners just when you need them or provide apps you can use on smartphones. No need for massive investment, reinventing the wheel or even changing processes much. Instead of tearing a bit off a physical ticket, it just get scanned and given the ok.

Not saying it'd be quick to implement but I don't see it'd be as complicated or expensive as some people are implying.

As the events get bigger and bigger, manual processing of hundreds or even thousands of payments and tickets will surely become unsustainable at some point. People could order right up until the evening before the event, late guest additions wouldn't be an issue, you'd know exactly who'd ordered what and could issue refunds instantly etc etc.

But anyway, it's a matter for Jason to consider, we can all bang on about it as much as we'd like. It's his business, not ours.

• Like 1

Damn right Rockstar6662, e-tickets are simple, easy, reliable and there is no expense at all, I have been running events for 3 years, and have always used e-tickets, and I have never had a single customer with a single problem related to tickets, SM need to open their mind and realise the change over to e-tickets will not cost them anything at all, and its something that would have avoided all the problems that have occured with regard to EMS tickets, most of these problems still have not been sorted and will now result in a massive queue of people on the day trying to sort out their orders.

What's to say peoples orders wouldn't have been rejected/cancelled etc. with an e-ticket system? They would have still have had to queue up with on the day with confirmation emails etc. to get it sorted.

The current ticket system works - yes it does rely on our postal system which can be flaky but I am entirely happy with it and have been in the five years I have been attending SM events - and this is after having to collect my tickets from my first ever event because they were never posted! :P

• Like 1

Im still awaiting mine, although there is something at the post office i need to collect, but im also awaiting some DSTL stuff, everyone will get sorted, but say you would of had matt smith ticket no 1 and dont receive it, you might end up at no 600 lol, which could effect what else you get done in the day, esp with autos I guess. one of the reasons for pre ordering aside not missing out is to get the lowest no possible to help with your day.

e tickets would be amazing, BUT can they be done to include the SM numbering, I assume so.

with the change of thoughts on instant photo shoot prints, perhaps the eticket is something that might happen at some point, fingers crossed.

Damn right Rockstar6662, e-tickets are simple, easy, reliable and there is no expense at all, I have been running events for 3 years, and have always used e-tickets, and I have never had a single customer with a single problem related to tickets, SM need to open their mind and realise the change over to e-tickets will not cost them anything at all, and its something that would have avoided all the problems that have occured with regard to EMS tickets, most of these problems still have not been sorted and will now result in a massive queue of people on the day trying to sort out their orders.

It has been mentioned before that the online shop has had very few queries so I'm not sure why you are expecting a massive queue on the day to sort them out.

It has been mentioned before that the online shop has had very few queries so I'm not sure why you are expecting a massive queue on the day to sort them out.

Um... because there is a lot of people posting on these forums about errors, missing tickets, cancelled orders and declined payments even though the money is in there, and then being charged for the order anyway (that last one is my issue)

All thats being said is 'email these guys, blah blah blah' but when we do, they reply once, and then they dont reply again, the last message I got was 'we can have the tickets you are owed on the door if you bring the proof you were charged even though the order was cancelled' however I have tickets now, my friend bought them when my orders kept getting cancelled, and as I said Showmasters still took the money from my bank, and I am now asking for a refund for the original money that was taken, and they are not replying

The postman posted some of mine through the door without asking for me to sign. Makes me wonder if my others have gone missing as they were ordered first.

Emailed showmasters - no response.

Glad I ordered online to eliminate long queue on the day!!

What's to say peoples orders wouldn't have been rejected/cancelled etc. with an e-ticket system? They would have still have had to queue up with on the day with confirmation emails etc. to get it sorted.

Nothing, payments could still be rejected but because you'd get instant notification the payment wasn't taken you could try to reorder within moments. With the added advantage that tickets could be sold right up until the day of the event if necessary.

And if I bring my order details and my bank statement showing that a) my order was supposedly declined and B) the money was taken from my account the next day, will I get a refund? As I now have tickets that my friend bought me because my order was apparently 'declined'

And before someone replies to this saying email them, i have saying exactly this and they havent replied