web site issues sorry and they are being fixed

showmasters

Just sell photo ops outside the venue by walking the line an hour before opening time. One day this simple approach will save everyone a lot of time and hassle and eliminate any booking fees :smile:

But for those that only want a Sunday guest so only go on the Sunday, do you sell them to Saturday people and run the risk of them running out? Or if you just want a busy guest that's got a slot at 2pm, do they have to queue at 8 and pay an extra £6 to get in when they don't need it?

I'd never want them to stop selling entry tickets online as it saves so much time. I try to buy my photoshoots at the same time, so making it 'in the queue' only would make it worse for myself and possibly many other people.

surely a mixture of both would work for those who think photo ops will sell out (and lets be realistic that only happens very occassionally for guests like Tennant & Gillan on their first appearances).

As for the not queuing for early bit causing you to pay an extra £6, the schedules are never up before pre-sales are over and as everyone on this forum knows, quite a few photo ops get scheduled for before 11am anyway - forcing the exact same upgrade to early entry.

My point is, seeing as guests were comparitavely so late to be booked for this event, add to that website issues for pre-orders and no doubt the fast approaching mailing cut off (espcially for over seas punters) this sort of alternative should be considered.

In my opinion unless a very low limit is imposed on ticket numbers by an guests agent, i cannot see any of the current line up selling out of photo ops - selling along the line would ease congestion inside.

Or look at a printable e-ticket solution so tickets can be bought right up to the event, and after the schedule is known. Hand scanners can be used at each photoshoot zone...sure it's an investment, but maybe it's an option to research...

Totally agree - this has been mentioned before.

surely a mixture of both would work for those who think photo ops will sell out (and lets be realistic that only happens very occassionally for guests like Tennant & Gillan on their first appearances).

As for the not queuing for early bit causing you to pay an extra £6, the schedules are never up before pre-sales are over and as everyone on this forum knows, quite a few photo ops get scheduled for before 11am anyway - forcing the exact same upgrade to early entry.

My point is, seeing as guests were comparitavely so late to be booked for this event, add to that website issues for pre-orders and no doubt the fast approaching mailing cut off (espcially for over seas punters) this sort of alternative should be considered.

In my opinion unless a very low limit is imposed on ticket numbers by an guests agent, i cannot see any of the current line up selling out of photo ops - selling along the line would ease congestion inside.

The main website doesn't take pre-orders for anything. The online shop was never affected by the attack and can be found on a totally different link had you asked for it,

The main website doesn't take pre-orders for anything. The online shop was never affected by the attack and can be found on a totally different link had you asked for it,

But not everyone comes on here to find out info. I'm sure a lot of people just visit the website and the shop is linked to from there. If they can't access the site then as far as they are concerned they can't get to the shop either. It may even make some think the event isn't even happening. As photo ops and entry tickets are presale and this problem may have affected some sales I think Tony's idea is actually a very sensible one, easy to administer and would help both entry and queues for photos inside.

Edited by Rockstar6662

• Moderators

Issues I can think of just off the top of my head for going down queues outside: which queue do you go down first? What about those who want/need to pay by card? That's a massive stack of photoshoot tickets that need to be carried around too, and also could be a lot of money to burden whatever crew member is doing said selling with when they don't have even the security of the sales tables inside.