Sports Guest Suggestions

Starbug

Hopefully we will get the sports guest so i will start

Manchester United players past and present

Leeds United players past and present ( For my Dad )

England players past and present

Snooker players

Former tennis players

Edited by Starbug

Surely this year more then ever we've got to have some Olympic gold medal winners.

I'd love to meet Daley Thompson.

I've mentioned it before but...............

Tottenham's 1967 FA Cup winning team 45 year reunion: Jennings, Greaves, Mackay, Mullery, Venables, Robertson etc

Tottenham's 1982 FA Cup winning side 30 year reunion: Hoddle, Perryman, Hazard, Galvin, Roberts, Clemence etc.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :vader:

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know when the first sports guests will be announced??? :YAHOO:
As with any guest, it will only be when contracts/etc are finalised. It literally can be anytime leading up to the event.

Thanks, I understand that, but I know that sometimes announcements are just around the corner and was wondering if anyone had any heads up as to any announcements that are to be made over the next few days.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Lisbon Lions

Frank Haffey

Alan Rough

Alan Woodward

Alan Hodgkinson

Jimmy Armfield

Sir Tom Finney

Jonathan Edwards

Katharine Merry

Roger Black

John Regis

Darren Gough

Bob Willis

Derek Randall

Michael Holding

Brian Close

Ray Illingworth

Graham Gooch

David Gower

Is it me or are the sports guests beginning to be nothing more than a side show?

I think the sports guests have always been a smaller part of this event. I’ve noticed most of their business is from traders who take the opportunity to stock up on products to sell on at later dates.

But I for one am very grateful to SM for the chance to meet some fascinating sports personalities and I’m looking forward to another great event.

Is it me or are the sports guests beginning to be nothing more than a side show?

I think the sports guests have always been a smaller part of this event. I’ve noticed most of their business is from traders who take the opportunity to stock up on products to sell on at later dates.

But I for one am very grateful to SM for the chance to meet some fascinating sports personalities and I’m looking forward to another great event.

I'm not so sure. Years ago there were really great line-ups of sports stars alongside the media guests. This seems to have changed at recent events. Maybe the event at last year's MK Centre has made it less viable for future events as I believe it wasn't as busy as expected.

Its a shame because there are a couple of anniversaries for my club Tottenham and this would have been an ideal time to see players such as Greaves, Perryman, Mackay and Venables. Not going to happen sadly.

• 1 month later...

I must admit I'm a bit disappointed with the sports line-up as there seemed to be a quite a big build up to the announcement. Obviously I would have liked to have seen some different Spurs players such as Steve Perryman, Jimmy Greaves, Garth Crooks, David Ginola, Chris Waddle and Teddy Sheringham, but I am a little disappointed with the line up as it stands. Great if you are a boxing fan but not too much to get excited about.

Still, showmasters have done well in the past, it just seems the sports side of things aren't as big crowd pullers these days.