Comments and suggestions

• Showmasters Admin

It's Sunday morning and I thought I'd just say a quick HELLO! to everyone at the show (I've sneaked away from the Organisers Booth for a few minutes to type this, but it's back to work soon!). If you are still here please feel free to hang around in the Forum Lounge where we have internet access and some live webcam interviews.

If you have any comments, praise, gripes or suggestions please post them here and we'll read them tonight when we finally get home.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SM's Just have to say a HUGE thankyou. Sian and I had the most wonderful day yesterday, we met everyone we wanted to (even Billy and John as they were so late arriving!) The organisation was EXCELLENT and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! :(:D

You could do with replacing the steward on the Adam West table he was pretty rude.

I think the whole comic side needs to be addressed next time with artists and writers secured way in advance in order to make this a different show from the Collectormanias too.

I also think for those of us who drove in a few pre-arrival Comic Con roadsigns wouldn't be a bad thing, just so that we know we are heading in the right direction. Especially around the Wembley complex itself, and perhaps a sign as to which car park you meant for free parking, just to make things clear.

But apart from that great show so far....

Obi-Wan :(

Edited by obi-wan

Hello Suggestions IN november please have a bigger range of dealers i know they apply for space @ these events but this there anyway you could tell them to bring cetern comics atists comics with them?

and also could provide a better refreshments at there werent alot there.

other than that it was cool just as iwas waiting for TONY Todd and JRD to turn up i was impressed with the dealers there.

PS if your going to have a Aliens cast reunion i know you going to try but you got to have Lance Henrikson Micheal Biehn Bill Paxton there and the queen her self Siguorney but that is a big wish.

Ill stop now!

I thought it was a brilliant con and i told you all so last night...

A few suggestions though.

Tiered seating for the talks as the people at the back couldn't see over the heads and arms waving cameras.

The doors were open at the talks too, freezing.

Maybe a bigger forum area with some seating for people not using the computers.

Wristbands

As my first con this was a weekend to remember and I will be back again...

Hi !

I just wanted to say that i had a great time yesterday. It was the first convention that i have been to and it was everything i expected and more. I found everyone there was friendly. I took my six year old daughter and it was great that the atmosphere was 'child friendly'. I will definitely be going to the next LFCC!!!

Thanks!!

Clairebear :P

Even though yesterday I was, and still am feeling a very poorly bear, I had a good time yesterday.

Most things were well organised, but I had trouble finding certain guests that I wanted to see due to the lack of signs inidicating where they were. I didn't even see most of the LOTR guests were on site, not that I wanted to see them.

I think the virtual queing systems needs addressing. It's not SM's fault that a few of the guests turned up late, but I had a pretty early numbered ticket for Tony Todd and ended up having to queue for ages with people who had double my ticket number because I'd missed my turn in the queue due to queing for Brent and LeVar.

If you miss one of your ticket numbers because one or more of them arrive at the same time, you can't be in two queues at once, and you lose the advantage of the system.

I wasn't allowed to queue jump, so had to stand for over an hour to see Tony Todd. There wern't any allowances made for people with low numbered tickets who'd missed seeing Tony when they should've because their high numbered tickets for other guests had come up at the same tiem.

Under these circumstances, you might just as well have a"join whatever queue you want, when you want" system.

I fully appreciate that neither system is perfect because we all have to wait our turn, but the latter is maybe better because you can at least join any small queues for guests that you wish to see, instead of having to sit on your backside for hours waiting for your numbers to come up.

Respect

Admiral Bear

Darko in

The blue shirt crew at the entrance are weak. Rude, sarcastic and slower than an egg sandwich. Tell the tanned dude to get a personality!

The actual layout is very spacious meaning not many stands. There cannot be 750 stands. I don't believe it. It was a smaller version of the N.E.C shows.

Good guest list shame the majority are LOTR based, Get Simon Pegg there!!!!! COME ON!!!!!!! EMILY BOOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darko out

I enjoyed it, although I echo kont darkos comments about it being LOTR majority based, which is understandable I guess as its so popular. Although I would of been a bit miffed if I had got an early bird ticket specifically for say Billy Boyd or Tony Todd, who didnt turn up till later. Perhaps next time you could post a message to say that such and such wont be here till whatever time. Otherwise a great time and looking forward to the next.

I think the virtual queing systems needs addressing. It's not SM's fault that a few of the guests turned up late, but I had a pretty early numbered ticket for Tony Todd and ended up having to queue for ages with people who had double my ticket number because I'd missed my turn in the queue due to queing for Brent and LeVar.

If you miss one of your ticket numbers because one or more of them arrive at the same time, you can't be in two queues at once, and you lose the advantage of the system.

I wasn't allowed to queue jump, so had to stand for over an hour to see Tony Todd. There wern't any allowances made for people with low numbered tickets who'd missed seeing Tony when they should've because their high numbered tickets for other guests had come up at the same tiem.

If you have 2 tickets that get called up at the same time (which happened to me with Brent & LeVar), all you do is join one of the queues, and then as soon as you've finished that one, you'll be able to join the next one straight away because your ticket number has been called.

So I don't know why you had to wait longer to see Tony Todd, because I didn't in my situation :lol:

Just one suggestion.....

Please put more SIGN POSTS up. Not all of the Guests i.e. Blake's 7 and Red Dwarf had posters above their heads. Due to this I didn't even see Robert Llewellyn and missed him out. If you can have posters for some why not have them for all.

Apart from that everything was great :lol:

I thought the day was good and well layout. All the stewards and staff were helpful and friendly.

I do have one complaint though, I was only able to attended on saturday, I got there early to get tickets for the people I wanted to meet as I had to leave early because I was going to see a show and because John Rhys Davis didn't arrive until 2.30pm (an hour before I had to leave!) I wasn't able to get his auto......i'm disappointed by this. :lol:

Why was he so late?

Oh well who knows when he will do another event so it looks like I will have to live without.

Other than that I thought you did a great job SM and am now looking forward to MK.

:angel: Hello

What a brill day me and my sister had yesterday. I know on the forum i had a bit of a whinge about not having group tickets for certain guests, but guess what ,it did not matter. I met everyone i wanted too and even managed to have a bit of a chat with then.....EVEN Billy Boyd. I must say that was my one gripe.......NO pictures of Billy, not even as he was signing, come on SM that was very unfair. Alot of people had come along way to meet him and still you gave out 700 tickets knowing he was giong to be late and things would have to be rushed. That does kind of stink of money grabbing and lack of respect for the fans, who to many of us a photo with Billy was as important as a auto.

On to other things, told you lot that the "goodie bag" was crap.

I think that the talk was fab and hats off to Andy for his Gollum/Smegol aution.

Thats all for now except a big HELLO to all the people i met!!!!

Hi.. just like to say that I had a great time at LFCC..

The venue is terrific with plenty of space in the dealers area, unlike Collectormania..

The virtual ticket system is the best yet.. I could not fault it.. The display for each guest showing ticket numbers etc was good as was the giant board in the dealers area..

Must admit, I was a bit p***d off at not being allowed a photo with Brent & Levar despite me spending £100 each on their autographs.. It seems that we were penalised because they arrived late and therefore SM needed to get more people through.. For me , the photograph with the guest is more precious than the autograph!!!

Also peed off at Tony Todd's late arrival and the lack of information on his board.. "Arriving PM" is just not specific enough.. I found myself having seen all the guests I wanted to by 12.30pm and just waiting for Tony, but as I had no real idea when he was arriving or if he was going to make it at all, I'm afraid my weary bones had had enough and left for home at 1.30pm and I must say, absolutely knackered!!!

Minor gripes, but overall, VERY impressed and would like to extend my sincere appreciation to SM for arranging this..

Also THANK YOU so much for bring Brent & Levar over.. Both were extremely friendly and I can't for the life of me understand why they don't do this sort of thing more often.. They are naturals...

Felt sorry for Pat Morita who despite being of some age was very poorly with a cold, but still honoured his commitment, so well done and thanks..

Lets hope the next show equals or even improves on this one, but I think you will have your work cut out to do that....

Phew! It is 2.15pm and my hangover has not landed yet...delayed action? :huh:

Am well-pleased with how things have gone. Spent most of both days manning the Organisers' Booth at the front of the main hall - so a big "HI!!!!!" to everybody from the forum who I spoke to! The infamous hat made a comeback today, but it is a bit hot under the lights here!

Andy and Billy both remembered me from C3, which was very cool and it was great to see them again. Both on top form as usual :D

Thomas is also a smashing guy - and has had the company of DarkElfQueen for most of today. They seem to get on well. When he came down to scope out the place on Friday, he asked DEQ if anyone would come to see him! SO SWEEEET!!! He was a little nervous I think, but has taken it all in his stride and seems to have really enjoyed meeting everybody. At Thomas' request, Sala took a photo of his queue as he sat at the end of a very long line - again...AWWWWW :D

John Noble seems a nice guy tool - just a shame he was poorly :(

I resisted the urge to air Darkness karaoke over the PA system - but it sure got a good airing in the bar on Sat night! :lol: Kenny's Boss , Monty and Emir (whose birthday it was!) completed our tribute act - The Daftness...or maybe even The Drunkness..."Jaaaaaack on the rocks...I'll do anything for another pint!!!" HIC! :o

Those present in the bar did not seem impressed...well nobody bought us a drink later!

Anyways...will maybe post more later...

;)

Edited by Hobbit_of_Dorsetshire

Hiya showmasters

Could u please look at my comments in the Billy Boyd picture ban part.?

Please don;t get me wrong when u read it, I understand all the hard work u put in and i did enjoy myself, but the billy boyd picture ban/un interested billy boyd thing really upset me....so if you wouldn't mind having a aglance at my long post in there, i would rea;lly appreciate it. Please don't hold it against me!

Thanks

Beth

Was a good day overall I feel.

However, I did have one slight problem with the day - why was Robert Llewellyn not sitting with the rest of the cast?

I tink it was a little unfair - on him especially - to put him away from the rest, expecially since it was meant to be a cast reunion.

Also, hats off to Norman Lovett for turning up when I thought he was only down for Sunday... great bloke, as well as the others too.

Just hope Bobby llewellyn doesn't turn up to the talk today, because that would bug me immensely - I only went yesterday since he was there, tus deciding to miss the Red Dwarf talk...

Just got home. What a great weekend, few grumbles. But on the whole absolutley fantastic.

Few hello's and thank you's:

Firstly Mark, you are god, thanks for making all this happen.

Andrea, thanks for putting up with us asking you silly questions.

Dave Simons, Hee Hee, you make me laugh mate. Sorry I forgot about tying you up, will have to happen at CM5. Also I owe you the biggest drink. Thanks for making my weekend. Luv you.

Lady Elanor. Thank you for4 keeping me sane, Luv u too.

Must agree with comments about the crew. Most of them were great, but a few, were soooo rude, not only at the event, but also at the Hilton hotel last night which I paid to stay at, and you didn't. You are not Gods, and I am not something you stepped in. Please treat us with the respect we deserve. We have paid to attend, and lets face it any old muppet can do your job.

Once again on the whole a great weekend, looking forward to CM5

Edited by pippinssweatypants

thanx for a great day yesterday sm!

Met everybody i wanted too plus more with spare cash i had. :o

Just like to say sorry to the people up on the balcony who were manning the board as me and my friend sat in front of it by accident, although you assured us we were not in the way :( (mainly due to my height! 5,4)

Cant wait till c5 and the next llfc!

I flew back home last night and justed wanted to say a big thank you for a great day. Brent and LeVar (my main reasons for being there) were great, so friendly. So were Billy, Andy and John from LOTR. The venue was great, with one problem, no cash machines - not your fault I know but handy to have nonetheless.

All in all, well worth the trip and I look forward to the next one - any chance of Dom Monaghan to go along with my Billy auto?

I thought the day was very well run, I know the queing system wasn't ideal but then again I can't seriously see how you could make it any better.

I didn't have a problem with any stewards I came into contact with and I met quite a few actors so came into contact with a few of them. One steward said I could go straight in to see someone even though my number wasnt on display as there was only a short queue and one guy actually asked me specifically if I needed any help while I was standing at the side seeing who was where and was keen to know if I was having a good day.

The only people I saw having arguments with stewards were the people who were trying to bend/break rules ie taking photos, getting in queues when they didnt have tickets and trying to get in queues early. I know its not ideal when there are restrictions on photos/personalisations but at the end of the day we've all been in the situation where your stood at the back of a long queue time is ticking away and some ratbag is taking ages at the front.

I'm not saying there weren't people with legitimate grievances, it would be impossible to keep everyone happy, but at the same time its worth noting that Showmasters are willing to enter into dialogue with customers. There is a certain event organiser who, if you dare offer any feedback to, will do nothing but abuse and insult you.

All in all a good day, thank you SM

Ive echoed this is my BuFFs Stuff Rant thread, but The Con was excellent , I met every body i wanted to see and more i decided to on the day (Lots more and spent a fortune!), but as Obi Wan said, the Adam West steward was a miserable sod, he obviously was only interested in the MONEY!, he had no intention of letting anyone speak to Adam for a chat and when I did get a word in edgeways Adam had another photo thrust in his face and then shouted at to personalise it, very bad and Adam was as embarresed as I was, and he was charging £20.

Also Billy Boyd not posing for photos, sorry its not my fault he turned up late and other attendees turned up, but I payed £10 to get in, was 233 in the qeue and sorry I wanted a photo and told the rude crew staff and my sister had the camera.

Also the actual staff who work at the hall where VERY rude, pushing and moaning, sorry if you dont want the job McDonalds is only down the road, go and sweep the floor there.

Apart from that it was a top day and even my sister enjoyed it and shes hard to please, wanted to meet you Mark in person and congratulate you for a great exhibition and tell you what a great day I had, but you where too busy in your cool shades!!

Top man, top show cant wait for the Aliens reunion in November, you have my attendence!

BuFF

Showmasters, I have a question, rather than a comment, on the timing of your events.

The dates for Collectormania 5 were announced some time after tickets went on sale for a major Buffy convention, and the next LFCC event clashes with a previously announced Stargate convention.

There was a time when organisers planned their events around eachother, to avoid disappointment as obviously fans can't be in two places at the same time.

I wondered why the dates in November, which clash with another event had been picked?