6.12 Closing Time

PoTtHeAdWhOvIaN

It was a great episode i honestly thought craig would become a cyber men and OMG the ending was really good so many questions now cant wait like how long was she in the water and did the suit control itself ahh mind confusing this series is :) i really dont know how next weeks title can be related to the next time clip

To be honest I thought the story was a bit meh. Rather ordinary, bit obvious, a few funny moments. Very average.

But a lovely cameo from Amy and Rory (had hope as they were still in the titles) and the last few mins were brilliant, totally back on track and sets up an extremely interesting finale.

To be honest I thought the story was a bit meh. Rather ordinary, bit obvious, a few funny moments. Very average.

But a lovely cameo from Amy and Rory (had hope as they were still in the titles) and the last few mins were brilliant, totally back on track and sets up an extremely interesting finale.

Story itself was sound - nice paced and felt right - good ending i agree and great set up for the final touching on the earlier episodes.....2nd best of the latest lot with "the girl who waited" still being my top 1 ....just hope the final is equal to this

Also ---

Offical prediction

River Song isnt in the suit when it shoots the doctor ;)

Shawlax

It had a bit of everything, it made me laugh a couple of times, it made me jump, it made me happy, it made me scared...

Really? did smile a bit and it's a bit sad when he sees Amy and Rory and all that talk about things being at an end for him but there was nothing scary or jumpy in it. Guess we all take different things out of it.

For me the last time DW was scary was with the weeping angels. That was a superb idea, brilliantly executed and genuinely scary.

It had a bit of everything, it made me laugh a couple of times, it made me jump, it made me happy, it made me scared...

Really? did smile a bit and it's a bit sad when he sees Amy and Rory and all that talk about things being at an end for him but there was nothing scary or jumpy in it. Guess we all take different things out of it.

For me the last time DW was scary was with the weeping angels. That was a superb idea, brilliantly executed and genuinely scary.

and ruined when they came back for a 2nd appearance ;)

It made me jump when the cybermat suddenly came back to life, and it made me scared when the Silence appeared.

This was a set up episode in my view. The end was superb and, despite Matt having already been announced as signed up for 14 more episodes, there is still huge doubt on his survival. It is weird because you know he is coming back, but how they deal with it isn't clear. The promo for next week looks great.

Edited by Simondo

This was a set up episode in my view. The end was superb and, despite Matt having already been announced as signed up for 4 more episodes, there is still huge doubt on his survival. It is weird because you know he is comign back, but how they deal with it isn't clear. The promo for next week looks great.

Think (hope) you missed a 1 in front of the 4...

I like it how they have announced both Matt and Karen returning, yet have not announced Arthur or Alex for Series 7. This keeps the doubt going.

This was a set up episode in my view. The end was superb and, despite Matt having already been announced as signed up for 14 more episodes, there is still huge doubt on his survival. It is weird because you know he is coming back, but how they deal with it isn't clear. The promo for next week looks great.

Think (hope) you missed a 1 in front of the 4...

Did I? There is a 1 there :(

Edited by Simondo

I like it how they have announced both Matt and Karen returning, yet have not announced Arthur or Alex for Series 7. This keeps the doubt going.
Personally I would prefer that all announcements regarding future series to be made after the current series has ended. It completely destroys the build-up to this series finale.

Unless of course those announcements are false....

Personally I would prefer that all announcements regarding future series to be made after the current series has ended. It completely destroys the build-up to this series finale.

I am sure i heard that Arthur has signed up but is returning half way through the next series. I thought the ep was great and next weeks ep looks really good felt sorry for River Song at the end of ep

emotions eradicated, emotions rebooting, lol, I really dont like the PC cybusmen, their voices arnt that great either. 60s or banks 4 me

cybusmen beaten with 10 minutes to spare, so only 10 minutes on screen. crap resolution also! a love feedback that somehow the doc translates to feedback to them all, which is also similar to the resolution but not as silly in age of steel no?

p.s I use the term cybusmen to describe there design and feel more than to say they are alternate universe cybusmen.

hummm, I liked the ending but throws up yet more questions on river

pretty crap, cybus p**sies really, they get beat so easily all the time, the ep had the the odd nice moment. nice ending even if it makes the river time line even more confusing. but all a bit blah, waste of the cybermen also.

love the docs new coat btw and always like the red bowtie to the other colours.

i agree.

on the matter I dont think amy and rory will be back FULL TIME, more like martha but more often after she left.

I'm not too up on my Who history but were all Doctor regenerations known about beforehand? Have they ever had a surprise one?

well I was born in 81 so didnt really experience a regen live that I can remember and put news info against. I had vague memories of colin/sylv lol to sylv.

from what I can remember seeing stated in documentaries ect, it was known prior about the regeneration, perhaps not when as in an ep. but deff that so and so was leaving and so and so was replacing him. same with companions, the new one was paraded around whilst old was still on screen, from what I gather/remember but I dont think it was that far in advance. not like eccleston, day before his first ep airs and he has quit lol.

hartnel to troughton was decided shortly before hartnels last ep was given the go ahead to film. though they had been thinking about it for some time, im not sure if it was advertised as going to happen, I dont think so. pertwee onwards it was advertised im sure.

personally Id like it to be a secret. but thats just me. or at least when, so dont say what series. I mean how awesome would it of been if DT had regenerated in TSE, how surprising and shocking would that of been!!

regarding it being cheapened, well come on, you can gain the power buy just being conceived in the tardis, even if by 2 human parents!

and dont get me started on the using the hand energy to stop regen lol

also by the amount of times the doc is being killed or says something like regen disabled, it cheapens it, and how can regen be just disabled like that, no explanation aside it moves the plot along how the writer wants it without having to think about anything. felt like a cheap way of trying to put the doc in danger.

regen how it was used say with peter and chris is where it is best! imo

Edited by timelord81r

You get on dodgy ground when announcing that people have signed up for another series if they have not.

You get on dodgy ground when announcing that people have signed up for another series if they have not.

IF they appear in one ep then technically its not false, which I think will be the amy rory, well not one but not an entire series, i rekon 5 eps?

I thought it was an ok episode, had good and bad elements.

I really am getting tired of really stupid stuff in Doctor Who though. There has to be a bit of cheesiness occasionally or it'd not be Doctor Who, but why have stupid things like the cybermat with teeth. I was fine with it in the episode until they showed the teeth, that just made it ridiculous, and then with it jumping around attacking people, cringe-worthy to watch. It'd work well in something like Red Dwarf, but Doctor Who sometimes needs to take itself a bit more seriously.

I thought it was an ok episode, had good and bad elements.

I really am getting tired of really stupid stuff in Doctor Who though. There has to be a bit of cheesiness occasionally or it'd not be Doctor Who, but why have stupid things like the cybermat with teeth. I was fine with it in the episode until they showed the teeth, that just made it ridiculous, and then with it jumping around attacking people, cringe-worthy to watch. It'd work well in something like Red Dwarf, but Doctor Who sometimes needs to take itself a bit more seriously.

agreed, there is too much silly stuff with silly incidential (sw prequel style) music over the silly stuff at the mo, the teeth seemed odd and reminded me of the pollymorth a bit fro red dwarf cos it even made a similar noise with its mouth

I enjoyed the ep still some unarensered questions uppsetting when she mentioned that the brigerdir passed away but all in all a very good ep

I think you are referring to the episode The Wedding of River Song. Any chance a mod could move the comment to the correct thread?