Love at Conventions

]I predict a number of one-way conversations.

I'm used to talking to myself though :P

We know ;-)

Or is that becuase I'm deaf and don't actually realise you're talking to me hehe!

*Ange runs away...................... fast *

It happens with other people as well, not just you.

Ironically the running away is a common theme as well :angry:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to run, but I was lured back by frequent Twix Fino deliveries.

I would have run too except I had this thought which lead to another thought and I followed that trail of thought and it led me straight to these chaps. And to be fair Yvie Twix are Irresistable as are you it was never really a fair option :D

Mmm that gives my an idea...let's see where it goes!

I can't wait to start memorising names.

Edited by adam.anouer

Family forum so won't say what I was going to!! :thumbup: Isn't it nice now that everyone's getting along?

Bet it won't last though...............

Hey dazzlerjames! You suck! I'm going to find tiny things to complain about a wonderful weekend! Nyaaah!

Family forum so won't say what I was going to!! :thumbup: Isn't it nice now that everyone's getting along?

Hey dazzlerjames! You suck! I'm going to find tiny things to complain about a wonderful weekend! Nyaaah!

Yeah like people who complain about a wonderful weekend!

so i think it's decided for next year, everyone is going to be super nice and confident and talk to the people they want to! :angel:

I second this notion, consider it carried, it shall be so :angel:

Looks like we'll all be at the bar ordering up some pricey dutch courage then! :)

so i think it's decided for next year, everyone is going to be super nice and confident and talk to the people they want to! :angel:

I second this notion, consider it carried, it shall be so :D

Looks like we'll all be at the bar ordering up some pricey dutch courage then! :)

Yeah, and the guests will wonder where everyone is, lol! :angel:

so i think it's decided for next year, everyone is going to be super nice and confident and talk to the people they want to! :P

I second this notion, consider it carried, it shall be so :wub:

Haha! This sounds extremely likely, however, I have my own procedures for having plenty of courage (not Dutch, don't know where it's from actually :wub: ) but it's much cheaper and guarantees that I will have nerves of steel :wub:

When we all meet, let's pair off, I have first dibs though :P

Better Dutch than French!

so i think it's decided for next year, everyone is going to be super nice and confident and talk to the people they want to! :P

I second this notion, consider it carried, it shall be so :wub:

Haha! This sounds extremely likely, however, I have my own procedures for having plenty of courage (not Dutch, don't know where it's from actually :wub: ) but it's much cheaper and guarantees that I will have nerves of steel :wub:

When we all meet, let's pair off, I have first dibs though :P

Better Dutch than French!

True, true......where do you stand on Italian?

Pretty much just answered your own Question I stand ON the Italians! Hahahaha! No I jest there all pretty awesome in their own way.

Family forum so won't say what I was going to!! :wub: Isn't it nice now that everyone's getting along?

eh?

Is it just me but I don't get your response??

Family forum so won't say what I was going to!! :wub: Isn't it nice now that everyone's getting along?

eh?

Sorry, it might not have been so clear. Basically, I was making fun of the people who complain about petty things, as you said in your previous post 'bet it won't last though'. I was trying to jokingly start a fight to prove your post right. Perhaps I didn't word it quite right though!

Family forum so won't say what I was going to!! :P Isn't it nice now that everyone's getting along?

eh?

Sorry, it might not have been so clear. Basically, I was making fun of the people who complain about petty things, as you said in your previous post 'bet it won't last though'. I was trying to jokingly start a fight to prove your post right. Perhaps I didn't word it quite right though!

Nah it's fine - after I posted I reread it and then understood!! - I've had a long weekend working on a big gig so not quite with it yet!!

You do know though that by making fun of people making petty complaints somebody will have a petty complaint against it!! :wub:

eh?

Nah it's fine - after I posted I reread it and then understood!! - I've had a long weekend working on a big gig so not quite with it yet!!

You do know though that by making fun of people making petty complaints somebody will have a petty complaint against it!! :D

I'm sure they will.

Family forum so won't say what I was going to!! ;) Isn't it nice now that everyone's getting along?

eh?

You do know though that by making fun of people making petty complaints somebody will have a petty complaint against it!! :lol:

I'm sure they will.

I HAVE A COMPLAINT! Rofl :lol:

I have a complaint too......why must we wait so long in between shows? :YAHOO:
It is designed to increase the anticipation levels.

And presumably so we have time to save up for the many many autographes and photoshoots they anticipate us buying!

I have a complaint too......why must we wait so long in between shows? :YAHOO:
It is designed to increase the anticipation levels.

And presumably so we have time to save up for the many many autographes and photoshoots they anticipate us buying!

Ahhhhh, this takes me back to the days when I literally needed to go about 9 months without a show, just so I could save up enough in the meantime to attend my next one

Being unemployed sucked :thumbup:

I feel your pain man. You know alot of people would say that throwing a good £200+ to get a series of photo's and autographs over the weekend is a waste of money but if I had that kinda cash you'd better believe that's exactly what i'd do. Gold Passes and everything :-D

just talk to a woman you like, easier said than done for those shy amoungst us, I freeze up, talk crap or sweat and run, my confidence is so low in regard women and I can be very shy :-(

plus come on, those woman who actually are single at these cons arnt looking for a tall fat shy dude like me, they seem to want twilight rock hard pecs or tennant look alikes lol

Not necessarily, they don't. I was attracted to my husband because I was incredibly shy around men (still am at times) but found it easy to talk to him. It doesn't matter how good-looking someone is (aesthetic appreciation aside!); attraction has very little to do with that. Besides, maybe they think you won't be interested in them, so that can work both ways. ;)

But you won't know unless you try. And remember, if you're standing next to someone in a queue, it's a pretty safe bet that you're both in it for the same reason. That's your starting topic right there. That's how I've struck up conversations with people (including you!) and ended up with some great friends as a result, so just take a deep breath and go for it. Better to try and see what happens than to go home cursing yourself for a missed opportunity.

:WAVE: CosmicAvatar

(from the train home at LFCC)

I didn't find you shy, I thought you were good company, nice to have met you,

do say hi if you see me again!