Situation of photoshoots

I agree, on the sat usually it takes a while to get through the crowds, and it is possible to hold them both on one side, but it would mean moving things around, another reason A is where it is, is because its a larger area than where B is. I guess it also depends on if more of the hall will be used and if in doing so it costs more? but its definitely feasible to have them right next to each other or on the same side at least, and id prefer it also, got a feeling this will be the worst event for me so far for clashes even with the help of the fantastic crew, at the very least u can look flustered running between the 2, I do in my sunday ones last year cos of the being human over run, shatner tyson stuff.

Having them too close together might cause problems with queue control i guess, especially with the bigger shoots (Karen G) when 500 odd people will be milling about.

But always worth considering trying something new.

Having them too close together might cause problems with queue control i guess, especially with the bigger shoots (Karen G) when 500 odd people will be milling about.

I've not managed to get to LFCC before so don't know the layout but at CM17 last weekend the two photoshoot areas were next to each other and it didn't seem to be a problem keeping the queues controlled and I saw one or two people being moved quickly from one to the other. But I'm guessing there probably wasn't as many people as are expected at LFCC.

So are the two areas a long way apart? With so many guests there's surely going to be some clashes and it would make sense to try and keep them fairly close together. I hope I don't have to do too much running around. Just have to wait for the proposed times I guess and plan my movements very carefully.

I imagine that lack of space is why the two areas have not historically been placed together at LFCC. There is far less room available then there is at MK to enable people to queue up.

They are not that far apart really. It's just that being opposite sides of the hall there are number of dealer stands and a lot of attendees between them :D

I imagine that lack of space is why the two areas have not historically been placed together at LFCC. There is far less room available then there is at MK to enable people to queue up.

They are not that far apart really. It's just that being opposite sides of the hall there are number of dealer stands and a lot of attendees between them :D

This is the problem - I almost missed several shoots last year due to this.

They are not that far apart really. It's just that being opposite sides of the hall there are number of dealer stands and a lot of attendees between them :P

This is the problem - I almost missed several shoots last year due to this.

Yeah, I know that feeling - 2 years ago I was running back and forth all Saturday as well. Never got close to missing something thanks to a shoot in B overrunning, but it helped that I eventually got the hang out of the short cuts. :D

The problem is indeed space. The only room left at the "A" side would be closer to the signing area. That would be a potential noise problem plus the queue area problem Adrian mentioned. Then you'd have lots of people linger in the signing area.

not all the hall is used, so if it was there would be no problem, where shoot A is normally there are 4 shutters there (A is in one of them) including that one which have the same or similar space,

You mean the area behind the signing tables? Or do you mean the area where they had Mike Tyson's signing area set up?

Fair enough. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it and it'll all work out fine. After all, it's not like it's the first one of these things they've run. I'm sure it's worked out as best it can be.

Actually could be another good reason to make the effort to go on the friday - learn the layout a bit so I know where I'm going.

the section used by A i think, thinking a bout it takes up 2 shutters, there are another 2 next to them, reg the signing area, move it back 10 metres or more, not all the hall has been used in previous years. jason did say they would be using more this year, but then that was also said last year and wasnt (not by any significance)

its not a major issue, so I doubt it will be changed. but yer looking flustered after indianna jonesing across a packed hall isnt ideal.

will be interesting if they have a separate section for the chris lloyd car and gillan tardis shoots. would mean a 3rd photographer or doing them before or after the other shoots, I dunno, I just hope they are not out in the open with crappy earls lighting and everyone and there mother watching us have our shoots and taking flash photos of karen whilst in the shoot. i have nightmares about photo shoots going wrong like that lol, ;-)

the section used by A i think, thinking a bout it takes up 2 shutters, there are another 2 next to them, reg the signing area, move it back 10 metres or more, not all the hall has been used in previous years. jason did say they would be using more this year

Maybe if the signing area is moved back that could work, yes. If not I'd personally say it's really a too tight fit in that area.

will be interesting if they have a separate section for the chris lloyd car and gillan tardis shoots. would mean a 3rd photographer or doing them before or after the other shoots, I dunno, I just hope they are not out in the open with crappy earls lighting and everyone and there mother watching us have our shoots and taking flash photos of karen whilst in the shoot. i have nightmares about photo shoots going wrong like that lol, ;-)

They did a shot with the A-Team van in the open in Manchester some years ago and that didn't work that well for pretty much the same reasons you just gave. I am pretty sure that lesson was learned. :clap:

if you hhad a clash between a couple of photoshoots on the sat and you missed one,

would it then be poss to have it the next day? (if the guest is having a shoot both days ofc)

And i assume if you miss one due to a clash there is no refund :clap:

if you hhad a clash between a couple of photoshoots on the sat and you missed one,

would it then be poss to have it the next day? (if the guest is having a shoot both days ofc)

And i assume if you miss one due to a clash there is no refund :D

I think that's how it has been done in the past, yes. You could go the next day. Sometimes they got the guest back if possible.

I can't answer the refunds question for sure I am afraid, I haven't worked at the photo area in a while. It should be possible though.

I do hope for the larger crowds, they will use the numbers on the tickets to call in smaller groups.

I do hope for the larger crowds, they will use the numbers on the tickets to call in smaller groups.

they did last year for shatner from what i remember.

@ Sorock, 1of2, Queen_Sindel

I know that they have that oppertunity and have used it in the past.

What I meant was, that I hope they use it this time as well, if needed. And if they do, then I don't see a problem with having the two photoshoot areas close together.

If you concerned about a clash, speak to a member of crew managing the queue for the photo shoot.

Crew members are there to help and should be able to advise on the best course of action

I am sure the photos will be taken in ticket number order for the guests who have over 100 shoots booked. This seemed to annoy some people at CM17, but we found its the best way to manage the queue.